Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people need to step back from the ledge.

Two NCAA tournament appearances, sweet 16 included, in 2 of the last 3 years. Took over a horrible program at a difficult school and was still successful.

If you expected a flashy, big name hire, you set yourself up for disappointment. There are still other schools with much more appeal, and likely more money, that still haven’t filled their positions. We don’t even know how much the guy from the Drake was getting paid, plus how much his buyout was.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
      I do think this says a lot about our cache' currently if this is from a national search.
      Could be more about WSU's cash than their cache'
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Some people need to step back from the ledge.

Two NCAA tournament appearances, sweet 16 included, in 2 of the last 3 years. Took over a horrible program at a difficult school and was still successful.

If you expected a flashy, big name hire, you set yourself up for disappointment. There are still other schools with much more appeal, and likely more money, that still haven’t filled their positions. We don’t even know how much the guy from the Drake was getting paid, plus how much his buyout was.
        I still can’t believe how many on here were all about that Drake.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          I’m excited to win 20 again.
          Ouch, my eyes are burning again....... Switch that avatar to a freshly smashed skull. That would be much more pleasant to look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Ouch, my eyes are burning again....... Switch that avatar to a freshly smashed skull. That would be much more pleasant to look at.
            There are worse pics of our queen that I could have picked…
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Was pursuing the ORU forum
              and apparently Wichita (residents) and WSU fans are super impatient and think they know more about basketball than most everyone else. Basically called
              us all KU fans is what I gathered.
              Well, we do. But KU? They suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Did anyone else notice in that handshake line video that CJ Lufile's little bro Elijah got involved, ending up on the floor with a bloody lip?
                Just what we need another hothead jackass. Can we get him fitted for a two link too big wristwatch?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  There are worse pics of our queen that I could have picked…
                  Keep her kankles out of it.

Comment

• Do we know if Pierre is returning?
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• That's one bandwagon I missed. Trying to be positive. Now changing to recruitment.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Max Abmas still has a year of eligibility thanks to Covid. If PM can get him to come to WSU...
                        He better bring him in.

Comment

• Oral Roberts coach Paul Mills has developed a reputation not just for his in-game adjustments, but also for a fiery personality off the floor.
                          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Well - after reading the Bio on ORU's page - I feel a little better. Go Shox !! Go HCPM !!

It's kind of like the Drake thing - If HCPM had come from Charleston or WKU or pretty much anywhere that isn't named ORU or the MVC - I would be a lot more excited !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Now you don’t like the coach?
                              Was ready for a change but to say this is an uninspiring hire is an understatement

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                                Some people need to step back from the ledge.

I really like this hire.
                                A guy who has paid his dues, built a program at ORU, which is next to impossible. Look folks, ORU went 18-0 in The Summit last year!
                                I don't car what league you reside, 18-0 is impressive!

People on here need to understand that Jans was not happening. The buyout was more than some third world countries GDP!
                                Also, some MSU boosters were stepping up with some extra incentives for him to stay in Starkville. Read into that what you will.
                                Once again, it wasn't happening.

Kelsey wasn't leaving Charleston either. Very comfortable there and has school and others support.

I think a lot of you will end up eating some serious crow in a year for two.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X