Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
    I don't get the hate for Mark. Dude made our program relevant. I remember emailing him years ago when he was at Maryland. One of the last thing he replied to me was his best times were at WSU and had nothing but love for the Shockers.
    I have heard the same from several people. I even recall his family all wearing WSU gear during our Final Four run. Wish I could locate that photo.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

This probably cannot be understated. Even if our win/loss record was the exact same, I'm guessing we would have had significantly more home attendance had Dennis, Udeze, and maybe one or two others remained with the team this past season.
      I agree. And it’s why a healthy NIL deal is important. I hope every SNer will shell out $5 a month or something. I think stuff like that makes a big difference.

Comment

• Im guessing we wanting to interview him while we wait on other potiential coaches play in the NCAA tourney
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Kelsey is seeming more and more to me like a perfect culture fit.

Watching his interviews on YouTube and the man is dripping charisma and energy.
          The Assman

Comment

• Last edited by Shock Top; March 15, 2023, 03:04 PM.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I'm disappointed in Saal if this is accurate.

Yahoo - No Shocker reunion: Mark Turgeon won't return as Wichita State basketball head coach

If this was his top pick, yuck.
              That makes me slightly nervous.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The airport in Benton is nicer than that
                The wheat fields around Wichita are to.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

In case it hasn't been mentioned yet, there is ZERO chance Kevin offered Mark the job, so that Mark could actually turn it down.

That is not how it is done. That is what coaches say, but nuance often, if not always, gets by them.
                  This is reassuring. I wish the media would report it correctly because it’s not a good look otherwise.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Ain't gonna lie. He would have me sold lol. Passionate dude. And if he thinks the atmosphere at Charleston is special he ain't seen what a packed Koch Arena is like!!!! ;)
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Kinda thought we would have an announcement by now. Perhaps a good sign our next coach is still playing ball and is not an assistant?

#Frickinimpatientashell

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Ain't gonna lie. He would have me sold lol. Passionate dude. And if he thinks the atmosphere at Charleston is special he ain't seen what a packed Koch Arena is like!!!! ;)
                        All we need is for Gentry to put him in a nice three-piece suit, and we'd be golden!! ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• Look who he's buddies with

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                            Look who he's buddies with
                            OK, nevermind. Horrible fit. LMAO
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• ******* was just pissed Marshall didn't like him.

******* loves guys like Kelsey and Knight, but didn't like Marshall?? Keeps tweeting about Marshall well after WSU moved on??

Smells like there might be more to it than just "reporting".
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Look who he's buddies with
                                ******* is a goob! I am willing to overlook that for PK. He was just doing what anyone in his position would do to get pub for his team and city.

Comment

Working...
                                X