Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I want someone who has charisma, the anti-Brown.
    That’s why I’m starting to like Pat Kelsey as a solid option.
    The Assman

Comment

• All the talk on being focused on 3 pointers is just bad. Give me a team that plays tough defense, rebounding, has good offensive motion and gets the ball inside, any day. They are better equipped to win every game. Teams that focus on the 3 have off nights, teams that focus on inside shots, defense and rebounding have far less off nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
        All the talk on being focused on 3 pointers is just bad. Give me a team that plays tough defense, rebounding, has good offensive motion and gets the ball inside, any day. They are better equipped to win every game. Teams that focus on the 3 have off nights, teams that focus on inside shots, defense and rebounding have far less off nights.
        I agree. Give me a top defense/rebounding team with an efficient offense (doesn't have to be a ton of points) all day, every day.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Hey, what's all this talk about Creighton not being able to play defense? I distinctly remember all that court slappin.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
            All the talk on being focused on 3 pointers is just bad. Give me a team that plays tough defense, rebounding, has good offensive motion and gets the ball inside, any day. They are better equipped to win every game. Teams that focus on the 3 have off nights, teams that focus on inside shots, defense and rebounding have far less off nights.
            This is all correct… except that you left out that they also get better 3 point looks…

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
              Hey, what's all this talk about Creighton not being able to play defense? I distinctly remember all that court slappin.

or something like that
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• My only concern with Jans is that he has never really produced a great efficient offense. His defense travels and is the Play Angry style that we love here. But offensively have you watched this year's Miss St? It is not fun to watch, case in point his 164th Ken Pom AdjO. 4 out of 5 starters this year were on last year's team that was Top 50 AdjO and AdjD. Did they all of a sudden forget how to shoot? Here are some numbers from a quick search as I got curious.

2022: 164 AdjO. (WSU was 143 for comparison).

2021: 134 AdjO. (WSU 159)
                2020: 80 AdjO
                2019: 35 AdjO
                2018: 76 AdjO

2014: 137 AdjO

Comment

• If you look real close, Jans is wearing Shocker socks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    If you look real close, Jans is wearing Shocker socks.
                    Sending us a sign.....LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

This is all correct… except that you left out that they also get better 3 point looks…
                      Agree, but the talk has been about focusing on 3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

What has Devries done? He recruited his son but who did he recruit at Creighton? Turgeon is younger than Marshall. If he gets fired up, he's got at least 10 years.

DeVries accounts for 20% of all of Drakes tournament appearances. One was before his son and then one this year. I don’t understand why people are hating on him, I didn’t go back through everything but one guy who I know he recruited besides his son is that Yesufu kid that transferred to Ku. He might not play a ton at KU but he was damn good at Drake. I’m not saying he’s the end all be all but we’re kidding ourselves if we’re acting like he’s not a top 3-5 candidate for us.

Comment

• My old bones are talking to me; I’ll see if ole Ross will talk to me too…

Talk to me Ross, talk to me brother…

UH basketball's Kellen Sampson first joined the Cougars back in 2014 to be the assistant coach along side his father, Kelvin Sampson.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Fire up Flight Aware.

Comment

• I would think we would know soon if it Jans

Comment

• Trying not to get my hopes up.... but I really want it to be Jans
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X