Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    IB will be here at least 1 more year after this season. It would be in our best interest if he finishes top 3 in the conference and builds this program up.
    Just don’t think IB will ever get butts in seats. At one point during the last game, the camera caught ADKS standing somewhere behind the bench. Let’s just say he didn’t look overjoyed. Pretty sure he is extremely aware of our situation and he hasn’t shown himself to be someone who will take it in stride. My gut is that this is the year IB either sh/ts or gets off the pot.

Comment

• I get everyone’s frustrations, I have them too. I just don’t think WSU is going to do anything for at least one more year when the buyout is more affordable. If IB can turn us into a top 3 AAC team, we can get into he NCAAs and people will start coming back to the games. I don’t necessarily think he has the ability to do it, but I wouldn’t complain if he did.

Comment

I get everyone’s frustrations, I have them too. I just don’t think WSU is going to do anything for at least one more year when the buyout is more affordable. If IB can turn us into a top 3 AAC team, we can get into he NCAAs and people will start coming back to the games. I don’t necessarily think he has the ability to do it, but I wouldn’t complain if he did.
        I think everyone on this board shares the same frustrations and everyone wants a winning program. Just not all agree on how to get there.

Comment

I get everyone’s frustrations, I have them too. I just don’t think WSU is going to do anything for at least one more year when the buyout is more affordable. If IB can turn us into a top 3 AAC team, we can get into he NCAAs and people will start coming back to the games. I don’t necessarily think he has the ability to do it, but I wouldn’t complain if he did.
          Complain? I'd do back-flips and support IB 100% if he could get us to the NCAAs year in and year out.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Gameday attendance hasn't been this low since pre-MT era. According to the sunshine pumpers there sure are a lot of "so called" fans out there.

Apathy will get a coach fired.

Comment

With the current level of attendance and apathy they cannot afford not do something this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

With the current level of attendance and apathy they cannot afford not do something this year.

Comment

• If people aren't coming because they're still pissed about 3G getting fired, will they ever come back? I didn't realize we had so many bandwagon fans in Wichita.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

One can only hope that ADKS is making inroads with WSU's alienated donors.

Comment

If people aren't coming because they're still pissed about 3G getting fired, will they ever come back? I didn't realize we had so many bandwagon fans in Wichita.
                      I think that camp's in the minority. Finding a coach who teaches the fundamentals with a little fire mixed in would do wonders.

Comment

If people aren't coming because they're still pissed about 3G getting fired, will they ever come back? I didn't realize we had so many bandwagon fans in Wichita.
                        Very few people fall into that category.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• two names will get me back…

chris jans
                          greg heier

they have an inferno of fire and grit that is wichita state

Comment

Not sure if it's the fact that 3G is gone from a witch hunt or the fact this team is purely dreadful or a combo of both. If it takes not showing up to get IB fired finally and get someone who can build the program back up, isn't it worth it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Not sure if it's the fact that 3G is gone from a witch hunt or the fact this team is purely dreadful or a combo of both. If it takes not showing up to get IB fired finally and get someone who can build the program back up, isn't it worth it?
                              Bingo. Tough love. Rip the bandaid off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Just a little info on the guys that were on the previous lists shared who could be realistic and aren't experience locked to the west coast or northeast. Not sure how relevant anything I share here will be, but I felt like giving them a look.

Jeff Linder - From Colorado. Spent a few years at Emporia State as an assistant. Most of his coaching has been west of Kansas. Took over a Northern Colorado program facing sanctions from the previous staff and turned them into a top team in the Big Sky and won CoY in '19. He won the CIT with UNC that year. His roster at Wyoming is made up of kids from IL, TX, KS, CO, WY, WA, AZ and CA. That includes a kid that played at SCA. Has an overall winning percentage of .638 as a HC. He's 45.

Drew Valentine - From Michigan. Loyola is his first HC job. His brother was drafted by the Bulls in '16. His roster is made up of kids from NE, IL, OH, MI, IL, FL, MN, CO and VA. He has a winning percentage of .700 but is off to a rough start this year. He's 31.

Eric Henderson - Took over SDSU in '19, where he'd been an assistant for a few years. Won three straight Summit League titles. Two time CoY in Summit. Played for Greg McDermott at Wayne State. Roster made up of kids from IA, KS, SD, NE, MN, WI. Has a win percentage of .716 but he too is off to a rough start this year. Approximately 45.

Terrence Johnson - From New Orleans/Houston. Lots of AAU experience and Texas connections. He's won the last two Sun Belt titles and is two time CoY. His roster includes kids from TX, GA, VA, LA, OK and ME. Has a win percentage of .722. He's 42.

Darian DeVries - From Iowa. Played at UNI. Long time assistant at Creighton. Won the MVC in '19. Two time MVC CoY. Roster make up of IN, IL, GA, IA, TX, VA, WI, MO, NJ and Canada. Overall win percentage of .714. He's 47.

Jordan Mincy - From Memphis. Played at Kent State. Has been an assistant at Kent State, Charleston, Toledo, Louisiana Tech and Florida. Roster includes FL, NY, AL, SC, TX, MN, Canada and Australia. Has a win percentage of .686. He's 36.

Jonas Hayes - From Atlanta. Played at Georgia. A number of years as an assistant at Georgia and Xavier. Led Xavier to an NIT title as the interim HC. Roster makeup of NC, GA, MD, NY, AR and Nigeria. Win percentage of .750. He's 41.

Austin Claunch - From Argentina (Houston, TX). He has two conference titles and a CoY. Roster includes TX, LA, OK, AR, AL, Italy and Jamaica. Has a win percentage of .617. He's 33.

Kim English - From Baltimore, played at Mizzou. Drafted by the Pistons. Has been an assistant at Tulsa, Colorado and Tennessee. Currently at George Mason with a win percentage of .474. Roster make up of KY, MD, TX, NY, VA, DC, MN, GA, Nigeria and Australia. He's 34.

Bob Richey - From New Orleans. Was an assistant under Niko Medved before taking over when he left for Drake. Roster makeup of SC, TN, NC, OH, IL, GA and FL. Has a win percentage of .705. He's 39.

Richie Riley - From Kentucky. Played at EKU. Has one conference title and CoY, both in '18. Been an assistant at Coastal Carolina, EKU, UAB and Clemson. Previously was HC at Nicholls. Roster of IL, FL, VA, MN, MD, KS, KY, WI, IN, CA, Australia and Barbuda. Win percentage of .576. He's 39.

Joe Pasternack - From Louisiana. Played at Indiana. Has been an assistant at Cal and Arizona. Coached New Orleans then they decided to leave D1. One regular season title. One tournament title. One CoY. All in '21. Roster makeup is CA, NJ, TX, MN, KS, WA, Mali, Belgium, Croatia and Spain. Overall win percentage of .609. If you remove his time at UNO as he was in a **** show when they were going to move down after Katrina, his win percentage is .707. He's 45.

Again, this may have been a waste of time, but I've had time to waste today. I didn't include McCasland because I'm not sure we could and I figure we all know about him.
                                God Bless you for doing this. Many of these guys overlap on my wish list but also introduced some new guys too. I'm very interested in Bob Richey as he's been at Furman long enough to prove he can win year after year and would recruit the areas that I think we can get underrated guys. Good list and I think they all will be worthy of watching this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X