Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

If somebody offers either one of them $200,000 to leave, they'll leave
    JW is kinda locked in unless he wants to burn a year. Pohto is the biggest concern and he seems pretty happy here as far as I can tell

Comment

• Small sample, but in 6 games since January 29th, WSU is 51st in the country.

If Porter was returning, I would be cautiously optimistic about this roster even with Isaac Brown returning. With him gone, I don't know if I'm gonna be happy if we keep IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Do you think it's impossible to both (1) not be a psycho who hits players, and at the same time (2) win games? Or is your position that the only way a guy can be a winning coach is to be abusive?
        HC3GM coached 152 kids in his career. And the only ONE to have ever claimed such a thing was known to be mentally soft, didn't leave the team after he said it occurred, had no witnesses, and was under emotional distress when he made the claim.

You sure HC3GM "hits players"?
        Last edited by Kung Wu; February 17, 2023, 01:18 PM.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Why are we still rehashing and arguing over what may or may not have happened with a coach that will never coach here again for a multitude of reasons???

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Why are we still rehashing and arguing over what may or may not have happened with a coach that will never coach here again for a multitude of reasons???
            Because people keep making unsubstantiated claims against the best coach we ever had, and there is a direct comparison to be made with his replacement who is currently our coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Because people keep making unsubstantiated claims against the best coach we ever had, and there is a direct comparison to be made with his replacement who is currently our coach.
              It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do. At all... Its irrelevant going forward. We don't need to trash him or white knight him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It doesn't matter what he did or didn't do. At all... Its irrelevant going forward. We don't need to trash him or white knight him.
                Just because something doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to me. Republishing an unsubstantiated Goodwoman claim is going to get a response on here for a very long time.
                Last edited by Kung Wu; February 17, 2023, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Just because something doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to me. Republishing an unsubstantiated Goodwoman claim is going to get a response on here forever.
                  FIXED
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

FIXED
                    Truth.

Comment

Exactly. And it doesn't matter who the coach is

Comment

HC3GM coached 152 kids in his career. And the only ONE to have ever claimed such a thing was known to be mentally soft, didn't leave the team after he said it occurred, had no witnesses, and was under emotional distress when he made the claim.

You sure HC3GM "hits players"?
                        Why have we distilled it down to just that one issue? Wasn't it that plus choking a coach plus the parking lot incident plus the Canada incident plus the horrible things he said to Nurger about his girlfriend. There were all kinds of horrible stories coming out during that time. And I've heard many more from very good inside sources that have never gone public that probably went into the decision as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Exactly. And it doesn't matter who the coach is
                          Then Saal better have a plan to raise holy hell against those who tamper.

I’m not naïve enough to think that people don’t cheat (I’m looking at you, Rug Boy), but other schools cannot be contacting our guys unless they are in the portal.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Why have we distilled it down to just that one issue? Wasn't it that plus choking a coach plus the parking lot incident plus the Canada incident plus the horrible things he said to Nurger about his girlfriend. There were all kinds of horrible stories coming out during that time. And I've heard many more from very good inside sources that have never gone public that probably went into the decision as well.
                            To me, it’s the whole of it like you said. Yes I loved winning, and I love his style of play, but it’s not acceptable professional behavior. If I did any of that in my work environment, even with it not being corporate, I’d be out of a job.

I don’t believe that all that behavior feeds into success. I think he achieved what he did in spite of that behavior, because of his brilliant defensive and rebounding focused mind

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

That's the auto-terminate offense. Canada is a nothing-burger -- it gets way over-inflated here. Same for nasty mouthing. If he punched a player he should be gone -- 100% no question. Seems unlikely he did.

Comment

• Canada was never a big deal to me. It was an exhibition game and the officiating was horrendous and his players were being abused. I never had any negative thoughts about that one.

Everything else is pretty much hearsay and unproven allegations. Was he an ass? I'm sure at times he was. But he has a **** ton of former players that love him and credited him with much of their success.

I can claim to have heard things from reliable sources about anyone I want. I like facts and evidence. There are none, or none have ever been presented. Just rumors from alleged reliable sources.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X