Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Parrish also confirmed there was interest in getting Turgeon before Brown was kept on.
    My absolute disgust towards Boatright knows no limits.

I said two years ago that hiring IB would be so short-sighted. I am vindicated that Gary basically used that same word (short-term).

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

MOTHERF***ER
      He also said Gregg and Lynn invited him over for some moonshine. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I have thought about that a lot, and it's definitely not a problem that is unique to Wichita State. But it could hit us harder than most universities.
        They will be naturalized US citizens and soccer fans. I’m not kidding

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Parrish also confirmed there was interest in getting Turgeon before Brown was kept on.
          I'm curious what the Shockernet response to that would have been.

When the "interim" tag was stripped from Brown, he'd just finished a highly improbable run as co-champion of the American conference and was given COY honors.

And Turgeon was still referred to as the guy who claimed he couldn't recruit "at this level."

My guess is Shockernet would not have liked it. Shockernet would have either wanted Brown or someone else, but not Turgeon.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

When the "interim" tag was stripped from Brown, he'd just finished a highly improbable run as co-champion of the American conference and was given COY honors.

And Turgeon was still referred to as the guy who claimed he couldn't recruit "at this level."

My guess is Shockernet would not have liked it. Shockernet would have either wanted Brown or someone else, but not Turgeon.
            I can't speak for ShockerNet, but I would have wanted neither. At the time, Jans was the easiest and most obvious answer. We had a dumbass leading the department though so that was never an option.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

At that time most of Shocker NATION would have HATED a Turgeon hire.

Now, half of them would welcome him just to avoid IB. Lol
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I can't speak for ShockerNet, but I would have wanted neither. At the time, Jans was the easiest and most obvious answer. We had a dumbass leading the department though so that was never an option.
                Ditto. I was all in on Jans. Go figure tho, to our knowledge, Boatanchor interviewed no one.

what a dumbass.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

At that time most of Shocker NATION would have HATED a Turgeon hire.

Now, half of them would welcome him just to avoid IB. Lol
                  We'd probably be bitching about being 2nd in the league standings right now, and having a low NCAA tourney seed.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Yeah, I put both Brown and "someone else" in the same category, and Turgeon in the other. My guess is the vast majority would not have been happy with Turgeon. I honestly think at that point in time I would have rather rolled the dice with Brown than go with Turgeon.

Comment

• anyone else, please god

Comment

• This will be an unpopular opinion, but the coaching did not lose this game. We played well out of timeouts until the team would start playing sloppy again. We had the lead down the stretch in regulation and whistles and free throws brought Tulane back in it. Whether you agree with those whistles, that's on you. But it wasn't the coaching.

Comment

This will be an unpopular opinion, but the coaching did not lose this game. We played well out of timeouts until the team would start playing sloppy again. We had the lead down the stretch in regulation and whistles and free throws brought Tulane back in it. Whether you agree with those whistles, that's on you. But it wasn't the coaching.
                          We will agree to disagree.

Comment

This will be an unpopular opinion, but the coaching did not lose this game. We played well out of timeouts until the team would start playing sloppy again. We had the lead down the stretch in regulation and whistles and free throws brought Tulane back in it. Whether you agree with those whistles, that's on you. But it wasn't the coaching.
                            We disagree. We still have no clue how to handle a press. Also, shooting 14 threes and only making 1 coming out of the half doesn’t seem like a solid offensive strategy protecting a 13 point lead.

Im not sure how you give coaching a pass on any facet of this game. Blaming the players is a poor excuse.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Nm
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• John Mosely.

Comment

Working...