Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Meh, I think a lot of people outside of Wichita think they're the ones who funded his contract completely. It's understandable I guess, but not correct. As I understand, they were part of it, but Wichita State has more big money donors than people realize.
    Here's some food for thought. Who will be the Charles Koch/Tom Devlin/George Fahnestock/Frank and Dan Carney types in 20-30 years? Who will be the next generation of big-time movers and shakers in Wichita who want to support Shocker Basketball at that high level?
    78-65

Comment

• Also, it's worth a listen later from Parrish to hear about some of the NIL stuff. Timme is pulling down 2 mil per year at Gonzaga? Are you kidding me? I guess the dudes that are fringe NBA guys are cleaning up on the NIL. Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Here's some food for thought. Who will be the Charles Koch/Tom Devlin/George Fahnestock/Frank and Dan Carney types in 20-30 years? Who will be the next generation of big-time movers and shakers in Wichita who want to support Shocker Basketball at that high level?
        I have thought about that a lot, and it's definitely not a problem that is unique to Wichita State. But it could hit us harder than most universities.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'm working on it!

Comment

• I'm still working on that whole win the lottery thing. Or to get a number of parlays on FanDuel to hit. Not sure which one is actually more likely to happen.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Meh, I think a lot of people outside of Wichita think they're the ones who funded his contract completely. It's understandable I guess, but not correct. As I understand, they were part of it, but Wichita State has more big money donors than people realize.
              What I really meant was how everyone lumps them together like they are both involved, when it's actually only Charles. And the part about how "the Koch Brothers" both live in Wichita behind that compound as if they are Siamese twins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'm working on it!
                Easy, the Stevens boys, LOL

Comment

• Are people still talking about the Koch Brothers? David has been gone for over three years and never really had much to do with Wichita and WSU from what I can recall. His actions were more directed towards the mid-Atlantic region if I'm remembering correctly. Outside of the fact that he was born in Wichita and was one of the head men at Koch Industries, I don't think he had a great deal of connection and influence here. That's been totally Charles, who also invests elsewhere.

When it comes to Koch, the question has always been, how does Chase view Wichita and Wichita State and will he embrace the school and community like his father or take a different approach?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Are people still talking about the Koch Brothers? David has been gone for over three years and never really had much to do with Wichita and WSU from what I can recall. His actions were more directed towards the mid-Atlantic region if I'm remembering correctly. Outside of the fact that he was born in Wichita and was one of the head men at Koch Industries, I don't think he had a great deal of connection and influence here. That's been totally Charles, who also invests elsewhere.
                    yes, it's a lazy narrative. David was a New Yorker through and through. He was big in the arts and a high society guy. He died in 2019.

Comment

• Can we kidnap Tang?

“I told you we would give you one court storming. From here on expect to win.”
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• A4BE676B-F360-479C-AEE3-555F54765110.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Are people still talking about the Koch Brothers? David has been gone for over three years and never really had much to do with Wichita and WSU from what I can recall. His actions were more directed towards the mid-Atlantic region if I'm remembering correctly. Outside of the fact that he was born in Wichita and was one of the head men at Koch Industries, I don't think he had a great deal of connection and influence here. That's been totally Charles, who also invests elsewhere.

When it comes to Koch, the question has always been, how does Chase view Wichita and Wichita State and will he embrace the school and community like his father or take a different approach?
                          Charles philanthropic contributions are pretty low key. But I do hope Chase has a larger appetite for assisting both WSU and Wichita in general. One does not see a lot of Koch contributions to Wichita as one would expect from someone that influential. Though as mentioned, he does not draw attention to himself (except Koch arena)

I do wonder if the new performing arts center would be heavily influenced by Charles if it is ever approved to build as part of the Riverfront legacy plan

Comment

• Parrish also confirmed there was interest in getting Turgeon before Brown was kept on.

Comment

I will be interested in seeing what, if anything, they might do from their estates. Might as well let the government pay 40 cents of every dollar donated. Don't want to spoil the kids too much either.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Parrish also confirmed there was interest in getting Turgeon before Brown was kept on.
                                MOTHERF***ER
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X