Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a proven D1 coach that fits into the Wichita blue collar mentality. Marshall fit that bill perfectly. Jans can probably fit that bill. Needs to be splashy though to generate interest. No up and comer that is unproven.
    HCIB is not that guy. Passive, first HC job. DB made a mistake to no fault of HCIB, and I think he’ll be successful at a much lower league or division.

I am torqued somewhat at fHCGM for not managing his temperament and not kicking Shaq off the team earlier rather than let Shaq constantly light his fuse. Somewhat torqued at RB for speaking out of turn without witnessing what happened in the hallway and supporting Shaq as infallible. Hugely torqued at fADDB for not getting ahead of the alleged incident and many rumors and putting this issue to bed and controlling the narrative, and immensely torqued at firing HCGM with crippling financial implications to the athletic department and for hiring IB without having any interviews.

Lousy AD management! I hope ADKS can navigate through all of this crap and untie the miles of knotted fishing line so we can reel in and hire a BB coach that will again bring excitement, wins, and NCAA success to WSU.

Other than that, I’m pretty optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      We need a proven D1 coach that fits into the Wichita blue collar mentality. Marshall fit that bill perfectly. Jans can probably fit that bill. Needs to be splashy though to generate interest. No up and comer that is unproven.
      HCIB is not that guy. Passive, first HC job. DB made a mistake to no fault of HCIB, and I think he’ll be successful at a much lower league or division.

I am torqued somewhat at fHCGM for not managing his temperament and not kicking Shaq off the team earlier rather than let Shaq constantly light his fuse. Somewhat torqued at RB for speaking out of turn without witnessing what happened in the hallway and supporting Shaq as infallible. Hugely torqued at fADDB for not getting ahead of the alleged incident and many rumors and putting this issue to bed and controlling the narrative, and immensely torqued at firing HCGM with crippling financial implications to the athletic department and for hiring IB without having any interviews.

Lousy AD management! I hope ADKS can navigate through all of this crap and untie the miles of knotted fishing line so we can reel in and hire a BB coach that will again bring excitement, wins, and NCAA success to WSU.

You pretty much nailed it... what a mess.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Haha. Now That’s funny!

Comment

• We can’t afford a “name” coach. Best we can hope for is an up-and-comer. Somebody with a ton of energy some new ideas

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
            We can’t afford a “name” coach. Best we can hope for is an up-and-comer. Somebody with a ton of energy some new ideas
            Not trying to be a smart-aleck, but there's more money 'locally' than you could ever imagine; it's a matter of hiring the 'right' captain and not another...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Not trying to be a smart-aleck, but there's more money 'locally' than you could ever imagine; it's a matter of hiring the 'right' captain and not another...

Yea .. if ADKS can get the right hire lined up .. the money will be there. The problem is that an extremely difficult tightrope to walk. You need the money ready before you can let HCIB go. Its really hard to get a new coach lined up that's a splash hire while you still have an active head coach. So it's kind of an chicken or the egg thing until we get to the tail end of HCIB's contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                We can’t afford a “name” coach. Best we can hope for is an up-and-comer. Somebody with a ton of energy some new ideas
                Like IB?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Like IB?
                  He wasn't even on anyone's radar, much less an "up and comer". That's the rub of it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He wasn't even on anyone's radar, much less an "up and comer". That's the rub of it all.
                    But IB’s a GREAT defensive coach, and we are a great defensive team. We just need a great offensive Asst. hire. Ha Ha

Comment

• Can we just hire a middle school coach from the area? I mean, at least there would be some sort of offense ran. And it probably wouldn't take much coin to get them...

Comment

• With offers like this, I have to believe we're going to be great very soon! I mean Albany and IUPUI are hot after this guy, too!

I know, it's early in this kid's recruiting, but sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          We need a proven D1 coach that fits into the Wichita blue collar mentality. Marshall fit that bill perfectly. Jans can probably fit that bill. Needs to be splashy though to generate interest. No up and comer that is unproven.

Pretty good except IB being successful at a smaller program. That ain't gonna happen.

Comment

• I'll float another idea since we are financially strapped. Kennedy is already on the payroll. Fire the rest of the staff and keep him on a year to year basis and let him create his own staff. Can't be any worse than what we have now and much cheaper. It might spark some interest in the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              I'll float another idea since we are financially strapped. Kennedy is already on the payroll. Fire the rest of the staff and keep him on a year to year basis and let him create his own staff. Can't be any worse than what we have now and much cheaper. It might spark some interest in the program.
                              I'd be shocked if Kennedy's health would allow him to do that .. let alone be successful

On top of that .. Kennedy is HCIB's friend (i.e. why he came on board) and is near retirement age. I'd also be shocked if he would even consider taking the job after HCIB is fired.

Comment

• Kennedy should already be retired

Comment

Working...
                                X