Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohh, I remembered it: Jimmys and Joes more important than the X's and O's. There are a lot coaches out there with pretty good "X's and O's" for cheap however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
      Another train of thought is get a coach that can be hired cheaply and take the couple million you save on him and use it for NIL deals for the players. Logic being you will be able to sign great players and keep them. Jimmys more important than the Joey, or whatever that saying is, lol.

Not saying that is my choice of strategies but it is an interesting one.
      I don’t think universities can fund NIL deals and offer them directly. These deals have to come from outside groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I don’t think universities can fund NIL deals and offer them directly. These deals have to come from outside groups.
        Ok ...........right, they don't know how to get around that do they.

Comment

• Nm
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Anyone with a pulse would be better than this garbage. Thinking I’m going to need to revise my five conference wins prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              Anyone with a pulse would be better than this garbage. Thinking I’m going to need to revise my five conference wins prediction
              You underestimate how bad some of the other conference teams are. We’re a 2 team conference. Everyone else is battling for 3rd.

Comment

You underestimate how bad some of the other conference teams are. We’re a 2 team conference. Everyone else is battling for 3rd.
                I think there's a middle portion of the conference and we're not in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Maybe... But Dan's right... The rest of the league outside of Memphis and Houston isn't light years ahead of us. Most consider UCF in that middle tier. They played both Ok State and Mizzou. They went to OT with OSU (but won) and just Lost to Mizzou. Cincy has 4 losses including a 13 pt loss to Northern Kentucky... Tulane lost to Fordham and George Mason this month. ... ECU is ECU... Tulsa and SMU are straight up awful... Temple is a hot and cold 6-6 team with losses to Wagner, Vandy and a double digit loss to Richmond.

We are pretty solidly in the 2nd tier of the AAC IMO... Problem is... The 2nd tier of the AAC might not even be NIT Worthy

Comment

We have great expectations now.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Your right, but we will be several games out of 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You may end up being correct, in fact I’d probably bet you’re right. But most metrics definitely disagree. FWIW.

Comment

• I agree with you all that we won’t be the 3rd place team, we are just way too inconsistent (or you could say poorly coached), but whoever finishes 3rd and 4th are probably borderline NIT teams.

Comment

I agree with you all that we won’t be the 3rd place team, we are just way too inconsistent (or you could say poorly coached), but whoever finishes 3rd and 4th are probably borderline NIT teams.
                            I figured OSU was an NIT team

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                              I think Coach Brown gets the job done. The team has improved the last 4 games. Guys are making shots and the turnovers have decreased (last couple of games). Tomorrow will be a chance for a quality win.

What about the coach at Oral Roberts? Paul Mills was a top assistant at Baylor and has taken Oral Roberts to a sweet sixteen. They have been pretty good the last two years and are 9 and 3 this year.
                              This sure didn't age well at all...

Comment

• I find Pat Kelsey at the College of Charleston interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X