Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Okay, whose style would you prefer? Any particular coach that is available and someone we could get?
    Kelsey

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

At least WSU isn't dealing with this mess.
      I always liked Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Kelsey
        I mean, he would be good, obviously. But it's not like he's head and shoulders above Richey and DeVries.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Has the Utah Valley coach been mentioned in this thread?

Comment

I mean, he would be good, obviously. But it's not like he's head and shoulders above Richey and DeVries.
            IMO for the Wichita State job, he is. Just my opinion, which is worth about as much as...well nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
              Has the Utah Valley coach been mentioned in this thread?
              Mark Madsen. Yes he has previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                Has the Utah Valley coach been mentioned in this thread?
                Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

IMO for the Wichita State job, he is. Just my opinion, which is worth about as much as...well nothing.
                  Same, lol. I think they're all quality candidates though.

Comment

• Boatwrong could have offered Brown a take it or leave it contract. If he turned it down which he wouldn’t have, Boatwrong would have been able to say that WSU offered a contract to Brown but was unable to come to terms. That would have satisfied most of those who thought Brown had earned the chance to be head coach. I don’t think Boatwrong wanted the pressure of having to consider Jans who would have been the overwhelming choice of WSU fans since he apparently didn’t have a good relationship with Jans.

I thought this is an interesting story. Do we need someone who has the attitude of the Mississippi women’s basketball coach when she was hired? They call her coach Yo. Mississippi went to Stanford in an 8 vs 1 game and won to get to the Sweet 16. Read David Eckert on twitter for the complete stories. She had been the coach at Jacksonville and had won 20 games 3 straight years. She said she told Mississippi when they were looking for a coach. I’m hot. I recruit my butt off on a $20,000 budget. Give me yours and see what I do. She has built her program on defense. She said she would have been nervous at the end of the game against Stanford if her team would have had to score but since they were on defense, she was confident.

Comment

Furman’s predictive metrics are much higher on average in the Bob Richey era than Winthrop’s were in the Gregg Marshall era. To dismiss him as a candidate is insane, and the same goes for DeVries.

”I want a candidate who is a proven head coach.”

”Here’s Richey and DeVries.”

”Not good enough. I watched a game or two and I don’t like a poster on this board. Pass.”

If you had watched Winthrop’s teams from 05-07 with the context you have now, you would have thought the same things.

I’m not sure what would make some of this board happy, but it seems to be a coach who either doesn’t exist or that we cannot get.

Richey appears to be a great candidate, DeVries to a slightly lesser extent. Dusty May would be higher than those two, but I’m guessing he’ll get a bigger job. Same with McCasland.

AND you’d rather hire Sampson. Look, he could be good, but to prefer hiring him over coaches mentioned above given their resumes is crazy.
                      Seriously, because I know you are a numbers guy, what about John Becker?
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Apparnetly, that article is a year old so I did not nail it. Yet.
                        I'm referencing Brey to USF

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                          Boatwrong could have offered Brown a take it or leave it contract. If he turned it down which he wouldn’t have, Boatwrong would have been able to say that WSU offered a contract to Brown but was unable to come to terms. That would have satisfied most of those who thought Brown had earned the chance to be head coach. I don’t think Boatwrong wanted the pressure of having to consider Jans who would have been the overwhelming choice of WSU fans since he apparently didn’t have a good relationship with Jans.

I thought this is an interesting story. Do we need someone who has the attitude of the Mississippi women’s basketball coach when she was hired? They call her coach Yo. Mississippi went to Stanford in an 8 vs 1 game and won to get to the Sweet 16. Read David Eckert on twitter for the complete stories. She had been the coach at Jacksonville and had won 20 games 3 straight years. She said she told Mississippi when they were looking for a coach. I’m hot. I recruit my butt off on a $20,000 budget. Give me yours and see what I do. She has built her program on defense. She said she would have been nervous at the end of the game against Stanford if her team would have had to score but since they were on defense, she was confident.
                          So you’re saying we should break the glass ceiling and hire her for our men’s basketball coach? Interesting…

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                            Per the UNI message board - Devries would be an idiot to come to Wichita because the conference is going to be trash.... umm apparently the Valley is great? Delusion at its finest.
                            Why on earth are you checking UNI’s message board?

You ever hear the one about the guy who rang his neighbor’s doorbell holding a dog turd and exclaiming, “look what I almost stepped in?”
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post

So you’re saying we should break the glass ceiling and hire her for our men’s basketball coach? Interesting…
                              I think he’s saying we need to hire Don Haskins, Texas Western.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• 1:40PM: Canadian turbo-prop lands at Jabara from Normal, IL

Could it be….Dan Mueller?

Comment

Working...
                                X