Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like she got violent and he restrained her.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
      Sounds like she got violent and he restrained her.
      You just don't understand today's trial by media.
      Definitely guilty unless he can come up with undeniable video evidence otherwise.

Comment

• Just a little info on the guys that were on the previous lists shared who could be realistic and aren't experience locked to the west coast or northeast. Not sure how relevant anything I share here will be, but I felt like giving them a look.

Jeff Linder - From Colorado. Spent a few years at Emporia State as an assistant. Most of his coaching has been west of Kansas. Took over a Northern Colorado program facing sanctions from the previous staff and turned them into a top team in the Big Sky and won CoY in '19. He won the CIT with UNC that year. His roster at Wyoming is made up of kids from IL, TX, KS, CO, WY, WA, AZ and CA. That includes a kid that played at SCA. Has an overall winning percentage of .638 as a HC. He's 45.

Drew Valentine - From Michigan. Loyola is his first HC job. His brother was drafted by the Bulls in '16. His roster is made up of kids from NE, IL, OH, MI, IL, FL, MN, CO and VA. He has a winning percentage of .700 but is off to a rough start this year. He's 31.

Eric Henderson - Took over SDSU in '19, where he'd been an assistant for a few years. Won three straight Summit League titles. Two time CoY in Summit. Played for Greg McDermott at Wayne State. Roster made up of kids from IA, KS, SD, NE, MN, WI. Has a win percentage of .716 but he too is off to a rough start this year. Approximately 45.

Terrence Johnson - From New Orleans/Houston. Lots of AAU experience and Texas connections. He's won the last two Sun Belt titles and is two time CoY. His roster includes kids from TX, GA, VA, LA, OK and ME. Has a win percentage of .722. He's 42.

Darian DeVries - From Iowa. Played at UNI. Long time assistant at Creighton. Won the MVC in '19. Two time MVC CoY. Roster make up of IN, IL, GA, IA, TX, VA, WI, MO, NJ and Canada. Overall win percentage of .714. He's 47.

Jordan Mincy - From Memphis. Played at Kent State. Has been an assistant at Kent State, Charleston, Toledo, Louisiana Tech and Florida. Roster includes FL, NY, AL, SC, TX, MN, Canada and Australia. Has a win percentage of .686. He's 36.

Jonas Hayes - From Atlanta. Played at Georgia. A number of years as an assistant at Georgia and Xavier. Led Xavier to an NIT title as the interim HC. Roster makeup of NC, GA, MD, NY, AR and Nigeria. Win percentage of .750. He's 41.

Austin Claunch - From Argentina (Houston, TX). He has two conference titles and a CoY. Roster includes TX, LA, OK, AR, AL, Italy and Jamaica. Has a win percentage of .617. He's 33.

Kim English - From Baltimore, played at Mizzou. Drafted by the Pistons. Has been an assistant at Tulsa, Colorado and Tennessee. Currently at George Mason with a win percentage of .474. Roster make up of KY, MD, TX, NY, VA, DC, MN, GA, Nigeria and Australia. He's 34.

Bob Richey - From New Orleans. Was an assistant under Niko Medved before taking over when he left for Drake. Roster makeup of SC, TN, NC, OH, IL, GA and FL. Has a win percentage of .705. He's 39.

Richie Riley - From Kentucky. Played at EKU. Has one conference title and CoY, both in '18. Been an assistant at Coastal Carolina, EKU, UAB and Clemson. Previously was HC at Nicholls. Roster of IL, FL, VA, MN, MD, KS, KY, WI, IN, CA, Australia and Barbuda. Win percentage of .576. He's 39.

Joe Pasternack - From Louisiana. Played at Indiana. Has been an assistant at Cal and Arizona. Coached New Orleans then they decided to leave D1. One regular season title. One tournament title. One CoY. All in '21. Roster makeup is CA, NJ, TX, MN, KS, WA, Mali, Belgium, Croatia and Spain. Overall win percentage of .609. If you remove his time at UNO as he was in a **** show when they were going to move down after Katrina, his win percentage is .707. He's 45.

Again, this may have been a waste of time, but I've had time to waste today. I didn't include McCasland because I'm not sure we could and I figure we all know about him.
        Last edited by SubGod22; December 14, 2022, 12:21 PM.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Marshall had a winning percentage of .700 at Winthrop and .732 at WSU. I would want our next coach to be in that zip code of wins, ideally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Marshall had a winning percentage of .700 at Winthrop and .732 at WSU. I would want our next coach to be in that zip code of wins, ideally.
            Seven of the ones listed above are at or above .700 and another is just below at .686
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The woman said Beard “choked me, threw me off the bed, bit me, bruises all over my leg, throwing me around, and going nuts,” per the affidavit. “I could not breathe,” she described later in the affidavit.
              then later

His fiancée told police Beard had been mad at her and hadn’t been speaking to her. When she went to check in on him in their guest room, she found him sitting on the bed and twirling his reading glasses. She told police she became frustrated, took Beard’s glasses and broke them before returning to their bedroom.

She said Beard then came into their bedroom and was upset about his broken glasses, per the affidavit. She told police she offered to buy him a new pair before he allegedly slapped the glasses she was wearing off her face, according to court documents.

She tried finding her glasses and said she was thrown from the bed onto the floor, which injured her leg. She then said she was “attempting to gather her bearings because she was unable to see without her glasses” when Beard choked her with his arm for “probably like five seconds.”

His fiancée then said Beard threw her onto the bed and “moved his face within inches of her face” before letting go, per the affidavit. When the officer asked her what she thought made Beard stop, she said, “I don’t know, he just let go.”

When police interviewed Beard at their home, Beard said he had audio recordings of the incident that showed he wasn’t the “primary aggressor,” per court documents. When asked if he’d share those recordings with law enforcement, he declined.
              ​​​​​​​
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Wow!! He didn't freakin' choke her! He put her crazy ass in a standing front headlock! And if her weak, psycho ass hadn't TAPPED OUT, she would have got corkscrew senton bombed from the TOP turnbuckle too! This is just good ol' fashioned Texas wrasslin.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Wow!! He didn't freakin' choke her! He put her crazy ass in a standing front headlock! And if her weak, psycho ass hadn't TAPPED OUT, she would have got corkscrew senton bombed from the TOP turnbuckle too! This is just good ol' fashioned Texas wrasslin.
                  Not sure it’s Texas wrasslin for two reasons: she is not his sister, and she did not end up pregnant

Comment

• Check the comment history, I’ve always been lower than low on HCIB, everyone here floating “up and coming” coaches does not understand where this program is currently sitting…

we need to make a f*c*ing splash with our next hire. Pitino, Beard, Beilein, Jans (why not), hell, call Jim Calhoun… imperative to not miss.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                      Check the comment history, I’ve always been lower than low on HCIB, everyone here floating “up and coming” coaches does not understand where this program is currently sitting…

we need to make a f*c*ing splash with our next hire. Pitino, Beard, Beilein, Jans (why not), hell, call Jim Calhoun… imperative to not miss.
                      Champagne list on beer budget

Comment

• IB will be here at least 1 more year after this season. It would be in our best interest if he finishes top 3 in the conference and builds this program up.

Comment

IB will be here at least 1 more year after this season. It would be in our best interest if he finishes top 3 in the conference and builds this program up.
                          You just come from the AGs office?

Comment

IB will be here at least 1 more year after this season. It would be in our best interest if he finishes top 3 in the conference and builds this program up.
                            Yeah, with the attendance they are having they don't have any money to do anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                              Check the comment history, I’ve always been lower than low on HCIB, everyone here floating “up and coming” coaches does not understand where this program is currently sitting…

Check my comment history. I must have posted one word “Jans” by itself on 30 or 40 posts during the “search” period.

But I would just as soon we admit the grievous and woke error and beg the person to come back who we are already paying to coach the team.

Comment

You’re too concentrated on the short term.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X