No announcement yet.

Game Day Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to be an intermediate spot for those that aren't Champions Club "elite". Might be taking some of the space vacated by T&F offices left behind when they moved into their new spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      For some of the people that sit around me they consume more alcohol than 70 bucks a game at the going rate in CKA At least this is some movement by the new AD to address the lack of funding.
      True. If you like to get hammered you can definitely get your $70 worth.

Comment

If they would open it up to being able to be paid per use, they might make even more money.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Just glad the new AD is hitting the ground running and trying new things. Some will stick and some won't. But you have to at least try...and he is definitely doing that. Very pleased.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Wichita State Brings New Gameday Elements to Koch Arena - Wichita State Athletics (goshockers.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Okay that's an impressive first effort in elevating the game day experience!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sounds promising.

Good get in adding Jillian to the mix.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

While not a huge fan in general of emcees at sporting events - this is a great start to trying to upgrade the experience. Not really sure about the DJ either.

Comment

Finally, someone heard my cries for MCs!!! (I also want to take credit for Lighting and the DJ as well ;))

I also like bringing halftime acts back and the changes to the concessions.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I also like bringing halftime acts back and the changes to the concessions.
                      The "pick 'em" options are a clever way to bring affordable concessions to families. 4 hot dogs and 4 small fountain drinks for $20? Excellent.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Dang solid first effort. ADKS appears to be somewhat of a badarse.

Comment

For those that didn't go to those "get input" sessions .. this is very much in alignment with the feedback that was given to the staff. He is 100% listening to the input given to him.

Comment

Like it or not, the emcee and DJ format is the trend in basketball these days and that is what people (particularly younger generations) want to see. It provides entertainment value and keeps the hype level up.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Like it or not, the emcee and DJ format is the trend in basketball these days and that is what people (particularly younger generations) want to see. It provides entertainment value and keeps the hype level up.
                              Maybe Fred could assist with sending the Raptor for additional entertainment; it appears he could use more practice...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So is there still the band? It sounds like the DJ may be doing that now

Comment

Working...
                                X