Game Day Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day Experience

Starting this thread since pogo went to a game day experience meeting. Moving his original post here ...
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I attended a gathering last evening at CKA that was hosted by ADKS. The subject was what would make game day activities more enjoyable. Served pizza and soda/water . Broke into several groups and each group had an Athletic Department representative to watch the process and answer questions as they arose. Each group wrote down in no particular order those things that that group warranted taking note of. These will all be compiled and discussed by the department staff. It was an interesting exercise but I always like to watch the dynamics of groups like this. What I came away with was
    1. ADKS is proactive
    2. ADKS knows how to run a meeting
    a. It started on time
    b. Instructions were clear
    c. It ended in a timely manner
    3. ADKS and staff had everything ready to go
    4. Controlled the meeting and didn't let conversation ramble as so often happens
    5. Has confidence in himself and his abilities
    6. To use a military term he seems to have his Sh*t wired

After watching him I feel even more assured this he is the right guy for this job and will work endless hours to achieve success. I just hope we can support him in an appropriate and reciprocal manner Go Shocks

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I attended a gathering last evening at CKA that was hosted by ADKS. The subject was what would make game day activities more enjoyable. Served pizza and soda/water . Broke into several groups and each group had an Athletic Department representative to watch the process and answer questions as they arose. Each group wrote down in no particular order those things that that group warranted taking note of. These will all be compiled and discussed by the department staff. It was an interesting exercise but I always like to watch the dynamics of groups like this. What I came away with was
      1. ADKS is proactive
      2. ADKS knows how to run a meeting
      a. It started on time
      b. Instructions were clear
      c. It ended in a timely manner
      3. ADKS and staff had everything ready to go
      4. Controlled the meeting and didn't let conversation ramble as so often happens
      5. Has confidence in himself and his abilities
      6. To use a military term he seems to have his Sh*t wired

After watching him I feel even more assured this he is the right guy for this job and will work endless hours to achieve success. I just hope we can support him in an appropriate and reciprocal manner Go Shocks
      I heard ADDB was really good at the ordering pizza part of that! (for himself of course).

But that's good to hear. I saw some things posted about the meeting but wasn't sure what it was about. It's nice to hear he's trying to get feedback

Comment

Pogo, I was also at the meeting last night. Second time I have been around KS. I am very impressed. Really enjoyed his comment last night just before we started writing on the white pads. “ We want to hear the good, bad and ugly, but really want you to tell us the bad and ugly”. The other thing consistently he says is all 15 sports have to win championships and especially Men’s Basketball!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I attended a gathering last evening at CKA that was hosted by ADKS. The subject was what would make game day activities more enjoyable. Served pizza and soda/water.
          Why didn't he just ask on Shockernet? Could have saved him some pizza costs! :)

Off the cuff ...

STOP THE EFFING AIRPORT LEVEL SECURITY
          Food delivery to my chair
          Instant game replays via mobile app
          Professional half-time entertainers
          Better pregame hype show (maybe new killer laser/projection setup)
          Student-run golf cart "taxis" you can hire to take you to/from your car
          Margarita machines for the ladies
          Game day picture/autograph booths with former alumni athlete

What else you guys got?

Comment

Please tell me that someone mentioned to not have a stupid promo that kills the energy of an ear-shattering run.
            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Off the cuff ...

What else you guys got?
              They actually do(or at least did) have food delivery to your seat.

Comment

Off the cuff ...

What else you guys got?
                Dollar drafts
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Please tell me that someone mentioned to not have a stupid promo that kills the energy of an ear-shattering run.
                  A symbiotic relationship with Shocker Sports Properties. It is dysfunctional. We need to work together (or eliminate the relationship, which I am not advocating) instead of the adversarial relationship that exists today.

Comment

Favor recurring revenue and loyalty (long term profits), over short term profits: Make concessions and Shocker branded goods affordable for young families.

Comment

Favor recurring revenue and loyalty (long term profits), over short term profits: Make concessions and Shocker branded goods affordable for young families.
                      … and us old farts.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Off the cuff ...

What else you guys got?
                        Warm nachos

Comment

Off the cuff ...

What else you guys got?
                          Love the cart idea. Those 6 person carts (which we have one or two now) would be insanely busy. Seems like a good sponsorship opportunity. Good revenue producer as well. Prepay for the season, text when arriving and listen to pregame while they work their way to you. Pick up after the game would be problematic though as everyone wants to leave at the same time. Charge more for priority. Create a shelter (perhaps temporary) waiting area (with concession & donations available).

I'm still calling for one simple but cheap concession for folks to have a choice on a budget. Separate one stand (or outside the ring vendor) with mini $1-2 waters and perhaps $2-3 PB&Js or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Warm nachos
                            New york style pizza by the slice.

Comment

Orange Julius!

Comment

Working...
                              X