• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    Orange Julius!
    Pro move.

Comment

Turn up the damn sound system. No need to blow eardrums like you're at a concert, but when I can have a normal conversation with my wife during the hype video something is very wrong. When the sounds is low, so will be the crowd. When the sound is louder, so will be the crowd.

Figure out a way to supervise the entities that create the hype video so that a consistent product is produced. Some years they are amazing; some years they are shockingly bad garbage. The swing from one to the other year in and year out is crazy. It is not a personal opinion... the crowd reacts accordingly each year and sometimes it does it's job as an energy catalyst, and some years it does nothing.

Show freaking replays. We are not children. No one is going to run down to the court and accost the striped shirt-wearing roofer from Bugaha if a call is made wrong. Boos are just part of the energy dynamic of a live-play sporting event, and refs should not be immune to crowd feedback from bad calls. Season ticket holders pay out the arse, so at least give them the same basic luxury as some dude on his couch just watching it on TV for free.

Kill with fire the timeout promo bullsheet. Honestly, the most maddening thing one can experience at CKA that's not related to gameplay is when the crowd is going hardcore, the place is rocking, and a timeout promo essentially shouts everyone down to their seats while we are forced to watch some middle-aged fatarse (trying not to look in the mirror at the moment) play pin the tail on the donkey for a free week's worth of dry cleaning.

If possible, pare back the ridiculous security footprint on the events a bit. The medal detectors stink. The $8/hr temp worker barking orders at you at the medal detector stinks even worse. The $8/hr temp workers then later standing around the arena every five linear feet mean mugging the crowd above them sucks some more. If I am at the game then that means I am a customer. Treat me like one. I'm not a criminal inmate.

Comment

If possible, pare back the ridiculous security footprint on the events a bit. The medal detectors stink. The $8/hr temp worker barking orders at you at the medal detector stinks even worse. The $8/hr temp workers then later standing around the arena every five linear feet mean mugging the crowd above them sucks some more. If I am at the game then that means I am a customer. Treat me like one. I'm not a criminal inmate.

Yeah, especially if all they are detecting is medals. Not that many medal winners in our crowd and medals don’t usually result in the collapse of trade centers or arenas.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; August 28, 2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

No particular and I no some will be repeats.

Better Sound System + Better DJ
          - This is a sporting event, not a church service

I get that certain songs get the crowd going, but maybe update the playlist more often than every ten years. Also, okay the right songs at the right moment.

Hype-man/MC + Better Promotions - Look, I know the AD has to make $$$ anyway they can, but at least they can try to make more entertaining then watching paint dry.

For those who used to go to the MVC tournament, you know the guy that would do the timeout trivia games and fan interviews, something like that would be better then just having the PA guy announcing it. Also, NBA teams do a much better job of having someone in a role like this.

Anthem Singer + Halftime Performers - I understand some people like the band playing the anthem, but this isn’t middle school JV basketball. It’s very amateur. Hire a singer or have students audition to sing at a game.

What happened to having shows like Quick Change and The Red Panda at the games and replacing it with nothing? Again, very amateurish. Bring back the entertainment.

Better Gameday Production - Videos, Lightshows, Organ, etc. something that make it feel like a more professionally run operation

Dedication Band Area - Would be nice to give them a dedicated stage/pit rather than just have them sit in the chair backs

SECURITY - I get though the airport easier with TSA PreCheck, than I do Koch Arena. I don’t think grandma and gramps and going to be much of a terrorist threat, but maybe I’m wrong.

Better Organized Student Section - Look at what schools like GCU and Utah State have done at non-traditional power schools. I think if they could give the student section some structure and help build it to something fun and exciting, the student section would then begin to grow and expand naturally.

I’m sure I’ll think of more as well.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Better Organized Student Section - Look at what schools like GCU and Utah State have done at non-traditional power schools. I think if they could give the student section some structure and help build it to something fun and exciting, the student section would then begin to grow and expand naturally.

I’m sure I’ll think of more as well.
            Definitely send the yellow haired guy (I’m sure he’s a good dude) and the other mult-year students to the top row; the Bob Uecker section.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

A symbiotic relationship with Shocker Sports Properties. It is dysfunctional. We need to work together (or eliminate the relationship, which I am not advocating) instead of the adversarial relationship that exists today.
              Can you expand upon this?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Definitely send the yellow haired guy (I’m sure he’s a good dude) and the other mult-year students to the top row; the Bob Uecker section.

You mean The Screaming Idiots? Love everything Mark Adams does to promote the program but he didn't need to give the 30-something adults a platform. It's rather embarrassing this is the current face of the student section. I get it, they're rabid, passionate fans (I'm not questioning that) but shouldn't be occupying the front rows for the past decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Can you expand upon this?
                  Check PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Yeah, especially if all they are detecting is medals. Not that many medal winners in our crowd and medals don’t usually result in the collapse of trade centers or arenas.
                    I'll bet those $8/hr guys know how to spell metal, unlike some $80k + guys.

Comment

Send the cheerleader to Texas Southern University for training and dress styles.
                      You tube them for football and basketball. Adults only. Too hot for youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

You mean The Screaming Idiots? Love everything Mark Adams does to promote the program but he didn't need to give the 30-something adults a platform. It's rather embarrassing this is the current face of the student section. I get it, they're rabid, passionate fans (I'm not questioning that) but shouldn't be occupying the front rows for the past decade or so.
                        This right here. Have those “adults” been in the student section for ten years now?? Grow up, stop auditing classes to get free tickets. It’s rather embarrassing not having real students in the student section. Especially the front rows.

And, this might just be me, or it could have changed as I don’t go to a lot of games not living in Kansas. But how about a souvenir cup? I don’t care the price but I collect those things and can’t be the only one. WSU is probably the only arena that doesn’t have them.

Comment

So, obviously, some of you ARE big deals because you got invited to this shindig...but only two of you???
                          I'm a little surprised a few of you MIGHT not have been invited, because you...well, you know....are smarter...

But I agree with these thoughts and I like the souvenir cup...

Comment

Sell a souvenir cup for $10-20 that is then good for $2-3 refills the rest of the season. Even better make the refill deal valid at ALL on campus game venues.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post

This right here. Have those “adults” been in the student section for ten years now?? Grow up, stop auditing classes to get free tickets. It’s rather embarrassing not having real students in the student section. Especially the front rows.

And, this might just be me, or it could have changed as I don’t go to a lot of games not living in Kansas. But how about a souvenir cup? I don’t care the price but I collect those things and can’t be the only one. WSU is probably the only arena that doesn’t have them.
                              At the meeting, Kevin said he would address this but it is difficult to police tickets 100% of the time. One suggestion was to only allow students in the the first xx number of rows as opposed to all GA tickets having the ability to sit in the front rows of the student tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                Sell a souvenir cup for $10-20 that is then good for $2-3 refills the rest of the season. Even better make the refill deal valid at ALL on campus game venues.
                                Great idea...but would the plastic souvenir cups pass through security? Lol
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X