Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as we are just making wild speculations:

- That PAC 18 goes through as drawn up
    - Navy/WSU joins the ACC
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He said yesterday the commish is keeping him well informed... until he doesn't
      That’s not what I heard him say. What I heard was that the commissioner is bold and informed and is close to other commissioners and tv partners. And that the whole thing is difficult to predict. But to each his own I guess.

Comment

• We will be fine.

Comment

• What I know:

1) Basketball doesn’t matter in this round. Not even a discussion point

2) Any moves requiring “discussion” are smoke screens as any team that adds value does not require discussion

What I think:

1) Gonzaga and UCONN not being included in Big XII leads to believe that the first step is align football, then dollars, then split those off.

2) Once MAX Football dollars are aligned, then the split off for Olympic sports, then we see regional leagues return to cut costs and most importantly travel for non-FB sports.

3) WSU, with its new AD, BSB, and MBB coaches are in a good spot.

4) SEC will clean up as they basically can keep everyone aligned

Comment

• Who’s to say the NCAA survives? They have little to police except our waiver requests.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Who’s to say the NCAA survives? They have little to police except our waiver requests.
              I read an article that pretty much outlined the super conference scenario that is happening now. Talked about 4 16 team conferences of football that will peel itself away from the ncaa and set up their own rules on scholarships recruiting pay to players and playoffs with the ncaa left out . At some point these conferences would then go after the basketball money and have their own 64 team tournament and supplant the ncaa tournament and leave the ncaa to legislate the rest of us. Looking to be a pretty accurate depiction at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

I read an article that pretty much outlined the super conference scenario that is happening now. Talked about 4 16 team conferences of football that will peel itself away from the ncaa and set up their own rules on scholarships recruiting pay to players and playoffs with the ncaa left out . At some point these conferences would then go after the basketball money and have their own 64 team tournament and supplant the ncaa tournament and leave the ncaa to legislate the rest of us. Looking to be a pretty accurate depiction at this point.
                Football, yes. Because the Appalachian St wins are few and far between.

Basketball attempting to do the same would cost those schools hundreds of millions. Mainly because the UMBC wins happen at high rates yearly despite brackets designed to avoid them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That’s not what I heard him say. What I heard was that the commissioner is bold and informed and is close to other commissioners and tv partners. And that the whole thing is difficult to predict. But to each his own I guess.
                  You must have selective hearing.

Comment

• Nope. I watched that very same video. To each his own I suppose.

Comment

• Story:
                      Kevin Saal is happy with WSU in the American but wants to be proactive, not reactive, as conference realignment talks heat up again.
                      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Not too much additional info

The Pac-12 could be looking to merge with another conference. After eight of the 12 schools from the Pac-12 announced their departure, the future of the conference appears murky.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The wait continues.

Comment

• Apparently, as many suspected, the "11 AAC schools to join Pac 12" was fabricated click bait.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Apparently, as many suspected, the "11 AAC schools to join Pac 12" was fabricated click bait.
                                Until something comes from a reputable source, it's all click bait.

Comment

Working...
                                X