Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Seems potentially unlikely the PAC stays a power conference. They're in a far worse spot than the B12 was last year. Seems downhill is the only way forward for them.
    I dunno. I think Oregon is a stronger brand than any of the teams that will be left in the Big 12. That alone might pull it up. I think the pac 12 might have a lower bottom, but i'm not sure I'd say "far worse". I think the only thing that i'd agree with there is the fact that Pac 12 can only expand one direction. And there aren't a great good candidates in that direction. Big 12 had a much larger footprint to look at without blowing too much up. Though these moves kinda make it clear that footprint doesn't matter .. just dollars.

Comment

SDSU has been clamoring for a Pac invite for years but has been stymied by SC and UCLA. This might be their chance to make the move especially after just putting the finishing touches on their brand new stadium and west campus. Although only having a capacity of 35,000 puts them on the low end of stadiums in the Pac (only bigger than Oregon State and Washington State) and as someone previously mentioned, academics could be a concern.

Comment

PAC loses six and then goes really big adding Hawaii, University of Melbourne, University of Sydney, University of Tokyo, Osaka University, Simon Fraser, University of Calgary and Universidad Azteca.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          SDSU has been clamoring for a Pac invite for years but has been stymied by SC and UCLA. This might be their chance to make the move especially after just putting the finishing touches on their brand new stadium and west campus. Although only having a capacity of 35,000 puts them on the low end of stadiums in the Pac (only bigger than Oregon State and Washington State) and as someone previously mentioned, academics could be a concern.
          I think SDSU becomes a no brainer for the Pac... also helps get some of the southern cal market back.

There are some potentially disastrous outcomes for the AAC on this .. At least we got a new AD that will hopefully put forth some effort to land us in the right spot.

Comment

Sounds like this is all but done.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I dunno. I think Oregon is a stronger brand than any of the teams that will be left in the Big 12. That alone might pull it up. I think the pac 12 might have a lower bottom, but i'm not sure I'd say "far worse". I think the only thing that i'd agree with there is the fact that Pac 12 can only expand one direction. And there aren't a great good candidates in that direction. Big 12 had a much larger footprint to look at without blowing too much up. Though these moves kinda make it clear that footprint doesn't matter .. just dollars.
              Oregon may have a stronger brand than anyone left in the XII, but the PAC would have just lost LA which will impact media rights. And they already have a lesser media deal than the XII as it currently stands.

If things go nuts, I think the AAC is just fine as the XII will only be looking at the PAC schools they can get to jump and ESPN would back that and take exclusive rights in the next XII media deal and destroy Fox in the process. The PAC isn't filling in their gaps with a bunch of AAC teams as their media deal would likely take a hit after losing LA and possibly the state of Arizona and who knows who else. Oregon would definitely be a XII target.

The only way the AAC suffers is if the PAC somehow lures some XII teams away, which I personally find unlikely if they lose LA. At that point, the XII would definitely target USF and Boise and if they need more Memphis might finally get their ticket punched. But I have a hard time believing the PAC can poach the XII if the rumors hold to be true. And ESPN will do what they can to keep Fox from winning that battle.

The AAC is in good shape unless conferences decide to go to 20. If that happens, **** college sports.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

After reading this article, it appears that UCLA and Cal-Berkeley were the two main obstacles for SDSU joining the PAC due to academic reasons dating back to the 1960's (sound familiar Shocker fans?).

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/the...0for%20decades.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  After reading this article, it appears that UCLA and Cal-Berkeley were the two main obstacles for SDSU joining the PAC due to academic reasons dating back to the 1960's (sound familiar Shocker fans?).

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/the...0for%20decades.
                  Progressives in higher academia: Everyone needs an opportunity and a path to better themselves through a college education.

Also progressives in higher academia: OMG WTF ROTFL no way I can be associated with those low life schools that serve a disproportionate volume of low income and first gen college students who have spent the first 18 years of their life just surviving as opposed to grooming the ideal college-snobbery profile/transcript.

Comment

Now THIS would be interesting. They buyout the 3 AAC teams and Big 12 merges with the Pac ...

Comment

Progressives in higher academia: Everyone needs an opportunity and a path to better themselves through a college education.

Also progressives in higher academia: OMG WTF ROTFL no way I can be associated with those low life schools that serve a disproportionate volume of low income and first gen college students who have spent the first 18 years of their life just surviving as opposed to grooming the ideal college-snobbery profile/transcript.
                      What?? Progressive dems being hypocritical? Say it ain't so?

Comment

Now THIS would be interesting. They buyout the 3 AAC teams and Big 12 merges with the Pac ...
                        Thank you for making my day!

Comment

What happened to West Virginia?
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

What happened to West Virginia?
                            Oversight.

Add WVU. Subtract BYU.

Comment

Oversight.

Add WVU. Subtract BYU.
                              It's also missing Oregon state at least .. so it's likely just made up lol. Though WVU to ACC could happen as part of it.

though this looks like there is more to come.

Comment

Can we just skip all the theatrics and get to the two Super Conferences + Everyone else?

North (Formerly B1G) and South (Formerly SEC).

Comment

Working...
                                X