Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bottom line is nobody knows a f**king thing and anybody claiming to is making sh*t up.

Comment

• Maui fire caused by climate change (allegedly). Excessive air travel is a big contributor to climate change (allegedly). So how much should these geographically expanded conferences be assessed for the rebuilding in Maui?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        The bottom line is nobody knows a f**king thing and anybody claiming to is making sh*t up.
        Perhaps even ADKS

Comment

• Perhaps the best inside information to have would be what the media companies that are fueling all of this with their funding are thinking. Seems like that is pretty much the driving force.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Perhaps even ADKS
            Did he claim to know something? Maybe I missed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
              The fact that there are no serious discussions about bringing back football right about now between WSU and the city tells me that it’s more than just the numbers that they can’t agree on. There might be disagreements on what level of team they want as well.. Definitely more than a couple road blocks in this discussion it seems
              There's no point in getting football if you aren't going for FBS. None of the conferences we want to be in are FCS so we'd have to go up. One thing though, every conference needs their KU (every year besides last year), Vanderbilt, Rutgers etc that everyone can rack up wins against so maybe we could be that

Comment

• Currently rumors floating today is that Stanford/Cal and possibly SMU might actually get all the votes they need to get into the ACC. That means OSU/WSU will go MWC or AAC.

Interesting concept though: Stanford/Cal move to the ACC with SMU. OSU/WSU merge with the AAC while maintaining the PAC legal entity so all of the CFP/NCAAT money goes to them. Then since schools like SDSU, Boise, CSU see that there is no longer a viable P5 option for them, they vow to join the newly merged conference in 2025....
                Last edited by Stickboy46; August 17, 2023, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    Currently rumors floating today is that Stanford/Cal and possibly SMU might actually get all the votes they need to get into the ACC. That means OSU/WSU will go MWC or AAC.
                    If that happens, OSU/WSU would go MWC. They don't add enough value by themselves to increase the AAC contract enough to pay for their travel. They only make sense to the AAC if it's with Cal and Stanford. Though I wonder which of the four schools that were opposed would have flipped. I could see if definitely happen if Notre Dame was willing to go all in on the ACC.

SMU getting in the ACC would surprise me, even if they were giving up distributions for a few years. I suppose it would give the conference a spot in Texas, but outside of that and academics, it wouldn't do much.

If the AAC were to have to replace SMU, I would assume they'd first look to AFA or CSU to see if either would come, then they'd either sit with 13 or maybe look at a Toledo or Buffalo. I'm not sure a Texas State would be worth it right now. It was pretty much deemed that Georgia State wasn't ready to move up to the AAC during the last go around and I'm not sure if that's changed in one year. I'm not sure Middle Tennessee has a strong enough presence in Nashville to be considered. But they might.

Who else might fit the urban research university that the AAC prefers?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Currently rumors floating today is that Stanford/Cal and possibly SMU might actually get all the votes they need to get into the ACC. That means OSU/WSU will go MWC or AAC.
                      If that happens my guess is Orzoo/Wazoo will prefer the MWC. If that is the way it shakes out perhaps that is about as benign as we can expect from a Shocker perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

If that happens, OSU/WSU would go MWC. They don't add enough value by themselves to increase the AAC contract enough to pay for their travel. They only make sense to the AAC if it's with Cal and Stanford. Though I wonder which of the four schools that were opposed would have flipped. I could see if definitely happen if Notre Dame was willing to go all in on the ACC.

SMU getting in the ACC would surprise me, even if they were giving up distributions for a few years. I suppose it would give the conference a spot in Texas, but outside of that and academics, it wouldn't do much.

If the AAC were to have to replace SMU, I would assume they'd first look to AFA or CSU to see if either would come, then they'd either sit with 13 or maybe look at a Toledo or Buffalo. I'm not sure a Texas State would be worth it right now. It was pretty much deemed that Georgia State wasn't ready to move up to the AAC during the last go around and I'm not sure if that's changed in one year. I'm not sure Middle Tennessee has a strong enough presence in Nashville to be considered. But they might.

Who else might fit the urban research university that the AAC prefers?
                        The pitch to OSU/WSU would be better media deal with ESPN as a partner and we go and get some western school from the MWC (probably Boise, SDSU, CSU, AFA and maybe one more). Then you have a solid western wing. Would be a much stronger better conference than the MWC.

Comment

The pitch to OSU/WSU would be better media deal with ESPN as a partner and we go and get some western school from the MWC (probably Boise, SDSU, CSU, AFA and maybe one more). Then you have a solid western wing. Would be a much stronger better conference than the MWC.
                          I don't disagree, but there's been a lot of talk about OSU/WSU (Or at least WSU) preferring the MWC unless there's a good payday to go elsewhere. I'm not sure if the AAC would be enough of a payday or how much of a bump WSU/OSU would give us to make it worth it. Stanford/Cal is where the potential value is with the PAC4.

Personally, I wouldn't want OSU/WSU in the AAC without Cal/Stanford. I get the desire to get western schools, but those two don't really do anything on their own and I don't think it's enough to lure MWC schools to the AAC. Stanford/Cal would.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Did he claim to know something? Maybe I missed it.
                            He said yesterday the commish is keeping him well informed... until he doesn't

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I don't disagree, but there's been a lot of talk about OSU/WSU (Or at least WSU) preferring the MWC unless there's a good payday to go elsewhere. I'm not sure if the AAC would be enough of a payday or how much of a bump WSU/OSU would give us to make it worth it. Stanford/Cal is where the potential value is with the PAC4.

Personally, I wouldn't want OSU/WSU in the AAC without Cal/Stanford. I get the desire to get western schools, but those two don't really do anything on their own and I don't think it's enough to lure MWC schools to the AAC. Stanford/Cal would.
                              To me, the lure of getting MWC schools is the fact that the PAC is gone. If there is no PAC and we get OSU/WSU then those MWC who have been waiting for a "Power" invite are going to quickly realize it's never happening now and they should probably find the best of the rest spot. If OSU/WSU are part of the AAC, we are without question the best of the rest. I think that would likely be enough for them to jump (after giving enough notice to drop the exit fee down)

Comment

• If Cal and Stanford are off the table, then just stay with what we've got right now.

I'm skeptical of SMU leaving. I can't imagine they have enough value to not dilute the $$ going to schools in any conference they might move to.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X