Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      In other words, Oregon State and Washington State told us no. Or ESPN doesn't care about adding them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

In other words, Oregon State and Washington State told us no. Or ESPN doesn't care about adding them.
        I don't think they add anything other than being former P5 members. They were dogs in their conference and will probably be dogs in the MWC. Flying from Tampa to Washington or Oregon is brutal, especially when you're doing it for stuff like women's soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Maybe the opposite. I could see the university presidents of the AAC not being interested in them due to the strain it puts on our conference without a substantial increase in reward.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 1) AAC still beats the only other alternative which is the Valley.

2) Even when Memphis eventually leaves still better than Valley.

3) At some point when depleted enough the AAC will look around and question WSU’s membership. Just like SunBelt did to teams and just like original conf USA did with a few teams.

4) Side thought, what the heck does Tulsa have FBS football for? Pretty sure Newman has similar student enrollment numbers. Just checked 3740 for Tulsa, and 3736 for Newman. That includes post graduates, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
              1) AAC still beats the only other alternative which is the Valley.

2) Even when Memphis eventually leaves still better than Valley.

3) At some point when depleted enough the AAC will look around and question WSU’s membership. Just like SunBelt did to teams and just like original conf USA did with a few teams.

4) Side thought, what the heck does Tulsa have FBS football for? Pretty sure Newman has similar student enrollment numbers. Just checked 3740 for Tulsa, and 3736 for Newman. That includes post graduates, etc.
              Rice has about 4400 undergrads and 4000 grad students. Grad students numbers can be deceiving because a lot of these people are working professionals going part time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Army is good from a conference standpoint but is a non factor for us and basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

The bloodbath is now. They pay an exit fee, no revenue for 7 years and the pay players to keep up with the P4 and they lose anyway! What do you want? Those donors didn’t get rich making those kind of decisions. And the realigning of the ACC isn’t over. Just as it isn’t for the AAC. Meanwhile the NCAA has become a Junior High Cliquefest.

Final number was 9 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Army is good from a conference standpoint but is a non factor for us and basketball
                    Break a pool cue in half and tell the A10 there's one spot open if Army joins.

Comment

Final number was 9 years
                      Major LIV Golf vibes

Comment

Final number was 9 years
                        I hope the ACC breaks apart at year 8.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think college athletics will blow apart massively within the next decade.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Army will be football only just like Navy.

AAC can then offer someone like VCU or just stay at 13 for non football sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Rice has about 4400 undergrads and 4000 grad students. Grad students numbers can be deceiving because a lot of these people are working professionals going part time.

Well both Newman and Tulsa have roughly 2700 each undergraduate.

Missing my point entirely though. 2700 or 3700 total isn’t enough to be sponsoring FBS football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

Well both Newman and Tulsa have roughly 2700 each undergraduate.

Missing my point entirely though. 2700 or 3700 total isn’t enough to be sponsoring FBS football.
                                agree, as evidenced by their pathetic attendance and even worse TV coverage

Comment

Working...
                                X