Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Not understanding Fresno State. I'd pick UNLV before them. I'd be more inclined to go with the Mountain Division schools. Wyoming is small in student numbers, but they have the largest endowment (by far) of any MWC school. I'd definitely like Utah St (we have a history) and for the reason SubGod22 mentions. If Boise State was a holdout, I'd wouldn't wait on them.
    I like the mountain additions .. CSU, AFA and one of Wyoming, Utah State or Boise.

Comment

• Pac12, even with a lower payout in is probably 4-5x payout of the AAC .. they will jump without question if offered.

Stickboy 46, how did you come to that conclusion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        It would make sense for Army. Navy's program has been on a much better run lately. Being in a stronger conference has to have something to do with that
        Navy just replaced their coach. Both Army and Navy have been treading water (no pun intended). AF has had 3 straight 10 win seasons and currently on 5 game win streak vs. P5.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
          Pac12, even with a lower payout in is probably 4-5x payout of the AAC .. they will jump without question if offered.

Stickboy 46, how did you come to that conclusion?
          Been reported recently that the PAC 12 is likely to get a similar payout to big XII which is around 30 mil per school. AAC makes 7 million per school for the legacy members but will likely take a pay cut in the future as the newbies are being brought in at 2 mil per in order to keep the remaining schools at that 7 mil.

So basic math is how I came to that conclusion

Comment

• Doubt the Missouri Valley would even take us back at this point.

Comment

• Stickboy 46, I was just asking a question. Then you are expecting the next TV contract for the AAC to pay member teams $500,000 a piece.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Comment

Stickboy 46, I was just asking a question. Then you are expecting the next TV contract for the AAC to pay member teams $500,000 a piece.

How do you come to that conclusion?
                Where did you come up with 500,000 a piece ? I said nothing that would lead to that statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  Doubt the Missouri Valley would even take us back at this point.
                  Easy man, back away from the cliff.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Doubt the Missouri Valley would even take us back at this point.
                    Doubt we'd ever have any desire to even ask
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Stickboy 46, No offense, but you said in your original post that the payout would be 4X to 5X the AAC payout.

Comment

• If that payout in the PAC-12 is 2 million, dollars, if you divide by 4 you get $500,000.

Comment

If that payout in the PAC-12 is 2 million, dollars, if you divide by 4 you get $500,000.
                          But where do you get $500,000? The AAC payout is around 7M (for full, football playing members)
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Stickboy 46, No offense, but you said in your original post that the payout would be 4X to 5X the AAC payout.
                            Yes .. which is a correct statement based on what is being put out there.

Expected Pac 12 Payout: 30 mil+ per school

Current AAC Payout: 7 mil per school.

4x AAC pay out is 28 mil.

There is an argument that the AAC payout will drop even farther with the way the new people were brought in with unequal sharing.

Comment

If that payout in the PAC-12 is 2 million, dollars, if you divide by 4 you get $500,000.
                              Who said the pac12 payout is 2 million? That's not even close to correct.

Comment

• I got it from what Stickboy 46 said. I don't know about payouts. I know that the demographics of people in the US moving is South and Eest. The Pac-12 is in the worst position to take advantage of that movement. The Big 12 and the AAC are better positioned to grow their football contracts than the PAC 12., They need SMU more than SMU needs them. That is my last word on this everybody have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                                X