Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
    I don't know about that. If you look at the attendance numbers for that first weekend of the tourney, coupled with the poor success rate of the bottom seeds, there are already too many teams.
    Attendance is pretty meaningless. Viewers and TV ad revenue drives this. Opening weekend numbers matter. Following your bracket matters. Just enough Cinderellas to make everything interesting matters. Theoretically, you could play in empty gyms and if eyeballs are on the screen, the networks are ecstatic.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      For me, the beauty of the tournament is that the little guy has a chance, even if it's slim. You know the bigger names are generally going to win, but teams like Saint Peter's, Oral Roberts, and Davidson are capable of making long runs at times.

How many people feel the same way as I do? Not sure.
      This is exactly why it isn't changing. Those that aren't familiar with the Knight Commission should probably read this first. Consider how this applies to what is happening now. Foitball is in the process of being carved out. All of the jockeying for leagues is football centric. Not too many people want to screw with basketball. What schools in which league is a mystery, but outside of football, everything will work itself out.

After a year-long examination, the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics called today for major governance changes for Division I sports, proposing a new governing entity for the sport of football at the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) level, separate from the NCAA. The NCAA would govern all other sports in a reorganized Division I governance, and schools with FBS football programs would remain part of the NCAA in all other sports except football.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

What schools in which league is a mystery, but outside of football, everything will work itself out.

https://www.knightcommission.org/202...-fbs-football/
        It's nice to see some positive thought or wishes. Can you share any with me, because I have very little these days.

Comment

• https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/1...ec-big-ten-acc

This explains why KU hasn't and probably won't get a P-2 invite. They rank second to last, just ahead of Houston. Also, of future ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 conferences, the Big 12 ranks last. Interesting that considering these metrics, the Big 12 is in the drivers seat over the Pac12 in staying alive.
          Last edited by MoValley John; July 15, 2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/1...ec-big-ten-acc

This explains why KU hasn't and probably won't get a P-2 invite. They rank second to last, just ahead of Houston. Also, of future ACC, Big 12 and Pac 12 conferences, the Big 12 ranks last. Interesting that considering these metrics, the Big 12 is in the drivers seat over the Pac12 in staying alive.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/1...ec-big-ten-acc

Something is just very wrong with KU boosters and their athletic department. They are basketball, we get it, but the hiring of Lew Perkins in 2003 was a giant “What were they thinking??”, that hire literally had to consist of KU sitting Perkins down for the interview, looking at his resume and saying “Ah, we see here that you deactivated the Wichita State football program. You’re hired!” —KU football hasn’t been the same since. He pulled the rug out from Mangino and KU has yet to recover in epic, embarrassing fashion. Thanks to Lew, they may never leave the Big 12. Not unless all hell were to break loose and they leave for the Big East. But then the question would be, do they scrap football or drop down to D-2

Comment

• These metrics make choosing Cincinnati and Houston "great additions" for the BIG 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  These metrics make choosing Cincinnati and Houston "great additions" for the BIG 12.
                  Lol - right.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• That list is hilarious.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      That list is hilarious.
                      Hilarious how? It seems like arguments could be made for bumping teams up or down a little, but for the most part, pretty close. Please explain.

Comment

Hilarious how? It seems like arguments could be made for bumping teams up or down a little, but for the most part, pretty close. Please explain.
                        Lots of mild trolling. Texas and Texas A&M football programs equal. KU dead last. Several things.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Lots of mild trolling. Texas and Texas A&M football programs equal. KU dead last. Several things.
                          I'm still not understanding. Looking at a&m and Longhorn budgets, they're pretty close. Viewership is close, a&m wins more. KU is the worst team in the P-5.

Comment

I'm still not understanding. Looking at a&m and Longhorn budgets, they're pretty close. Viewership is close, a&m wins more. KU is the worst team in the P-5.
                            Like I said. Mild trolling. Doesn’t mean the list is wrong overall but taking a heated rivalry like Texas and TAM and saying you guys are equal is funny. Looked like there were other things like that in there too. Just funny off-season stuff.

Comment

• Rumors flying about San Diego State to the PAC. Shockers to the MW as a replacement?

Comment

• Originally posted by JayPak View Post
                                Rumors flying about San Diego State to the PAC. Shockers to the MW as a replacement?
                                No. We're better off in the American. Though if the MWC loses a couple of schools to the PAC, I wouldn't be surprised to see the AAC go back after CSU and AFA and go to 16.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X