Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I understand it, the ACC is making this move because they need to keep their membership at a certain level to lock in their revenue agreement with the networks. This means the ACC is expecting several schools to depart to one of the B1G 2 conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I hope the ACC breaks apart at year 8.
      It probably won't make it that long. The super conference is coming. 32 is a nice NFL number. Both major conferences have 14 each now? That would be 4 more acquisitions. Then maybe the rest of us can combine to make a 2nd "super" conference. It will be exactly as was predicted. Division I split into a major/minor sub group.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It probably won't make it that long. The super conference is coming. 32 is a nice NFL number. Both major conferences have 14 each now? That would be 4 more acquisitions. Then maybe the rest of us can combine to make a 2nd "super" conference. It will be exactly as was predicted. Division I split into a major/minor sub group.
        the B1G is at 18 and SEC at 16

Comment

• I hope they add Army/VCU or the Cajuns

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

the B1G is at 18 and SEC at 16
            Gotcha! I Guess Google hasn't updated the conference membership totals yet. :/

Maybe they're going for 40!

Comment

So contracting to your original point, SMU selling their souls for a group of schools that want to get out might not be worth trading our first-borns for after all.

SMU will be the Rutgers of the ACC.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Might as well add more fuel to the rumor mill fire. I have no idea if this account has any credibility.

The only thing that would make the MWC appealing is the possibility of playing SDSU and Gonzaga, if they should ever join. Or, if the AAC is on a course for implosion. Otherwise, we would be moving away from the other metro, research universities that we feel are the best fit institutionally. And those PST game times? Yuck.

Comment

• Gonzaga is expected to join the MWC? I doubt it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• As someone who lives in the Eastern Time Zone I would be pretty bummed if WSU ended up playing most of its conference games at 10-11pm.

That rumor mill account also has 74 followers lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Gonzaga is expected to join the MWC? I doubt it.
                      I agree. That sounds like a load.

Comment

Army will be football only just like Navy.

AAC can then offer someone like VCU or just stay at 13 for non football sports.

That would be a nice replacement for SMU

Comment

As I understand it, the ACC is making this move because they need to keep their membership at a certain level to lock in their revenue agreement with the networks. This means the ACC is expecting several schools to depart to one of the B1G 2 conferences.
                          Widely known that Clemson, FSU and UNC are doing everything they can to get out the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                            As someone who lives in the Eastern Time Zone I would be pretty bummed if WSU ended up playing most of its conference games at 10-11pm.

That rumor mill account also has 74 followers lol
                            I doubt anything to this but…

Impossible as 50 percent of all conference games are played on teams home court.

If those other teams were added then probably approximately 60 percent of conf games in central zone and another 20 percent in mountain time.

Comment

I doubt anything to this but…

Impossible as 50 percent of all conference games are played on teams home court.

If those other teams were added then probably approximately 60 percent of conf games in central zone and another 20 percent in mountain time.
                              I was referring to road conference games haha

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Might as well add more fuel to the rumor mill fire. I have no idea if this account has any credibility.

The only thing that would make the MWC appealing is the possibility of playing SDSU and Gonzaga, if they should ever join. Or, if the AAC is on a course for implosion. Otherwise, we would be moving away from the other metro, research universities that we feel are the best fit institutionally. And those PST game times? Yuck.
                                I guess it's possible we are a main focus to match up with Hawaii which is football only.

Comment

Working...
                                X