Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Charles and Chase could Apple Pay that amount of $$$ without batting an eye!!

As long as we are talking hypotheticals here.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Charles and Chase could Apple Pay that amount of $$$ without batting an eye!!

As long as we are talking hypotheticals here.
      I'd rather have willing boosters with relatively lesser fortunes. I'm not even sure I'd call the Kochs boosters.

Comment

• I cannot imagine a worse return on your money.

Let's say 200 boosters give a million. They get back........a truck load of ass beatings......and oh yeah, their Development Department with their hand out for another 6 figure+ gift every single year.

And what do you get?

I guess if you have money to light on fire, go for it, but I'm not even sure I'd be happy if the Kochs did that here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I cannot imagine a worse return on your money.

Let's say 200 boosters give a million. They get back........a truck load of ass beatings......and oh yeah, their Development Department with their hand out for another 6 figure+ gift every single year.

And what do you get?

I guess if you have money to light on fire, go for it, but I'm not even sure I'd be happy if the Kochs did that here.
          It's like winning the lottery and living in the nicest neighborhood in town. Sure, you live in a nice neighborhood, but everyone there knows you don't deserve to be there.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Big gamble IMO. Seems like desperation. Not sure I’d hook my wagon to the ACC. They seem like the PAC east coast version. Could see them going the way of the PAC over the next couple of years.

Comment

• PAC4 is only P5 in name now. Go blow 200M on getting into a conference that might not even be around in 5 years.

Comment

• How arrogant is SMU? You are SMU. As someone pointed out, you are about #10 on the list of sport teams in the DFW area. If someone wanted them, they’d be gone by now.

I probably just jinxed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Remember a few weeks ago that San Diego State was possibly moving to the Pac12...bet they are glad it didn't work out.
                  Contrary to the opinion of many, they were invited, and upon hearing the inside scoop, backed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Absolutely hate you can't simply delete a post
                    It's ridicoulous, it's preposterous, it's ludicrous... By God it's impetuous!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I cannot imagine a worse return on your money.

And what do you get?

This exactly. We are here for the decoupling of big time college sports from the rest of the NCAA and maybe from their own non revenue sports. In 15 years we’ll be talking about WSU’s team bus relative to our rivals rather than our jet. Some of that will be good for the student athletes.

I’m already pretty close to “**** it” with the NIL and the yearly roster lottery. Imagine a Jake Odum, Jason Perez, or Colt Ryan playing four years at ISU, WSU, or Evansville today?

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                        How arrogant is SMU? You are SMU. As someone pointed out, you are about #10 on the list of sport teams in the DFW area. If someone wanted them, they’d be gone by now.

I probably just jinxed it.
                        SMU was a BSD pre death penalty.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• SMU realizes that this is likely their last chance at a power conference for the foreseeable future. The B1G, B12, and SEC, won't take them and the Pac-12 is dead. Their only option is the ACC.

Comment

• Take this with a major grain of salt, but my colleague in Stanford's athletics department said he heard rumblings today that the B1G might not be out of the equation just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Imagine a Jake Odum, Jason Perez, or Colt Ryan playing four years at ISU, WSU, or Evansville today?
                              True, but Craig Porter. But yeah.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• American West vs American East playoff even has a killer ring to it. It's destiny!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X