Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I think the assumption we should all be under, is that this is going to happen, further diluting the AAC. The conference jump at the time was a no-brainer. We knew UConn would probably bolt, but I don't think very many of us imagined the conference getting raided the way it has in just six or seven years.

The only programs left (after Memphis leaves) that we even mildly looked forward to playing is Tulsa and Temple. Once this next wave happens, we should be the water-carrying program of the AAC, right back where we were with the MVC. Not saying I want to be back in the MVC, but whatever the AAC looks like in two years won't be much, if any better than what the MVC was when we left. The AAC, thanks to football, will at least still be higher profile, probably more TV money. But that may or may not mitigate the extra travel costs. We'll see.

I guess our last attractive option is to be asked to join the new PAC, possibly with Gonzaga. It will obviously be better than the AAC, but shifting travel and TV times to the west will suck.

EDIT: I should add, if the AAC could add AFA and UNM, and maybe Wyo, to offset losing Memphis, and whoever from the pool of Tulane/USF/UTSA, that would help me feel better about the next version of the AAC.
    If the AAC teams jump to the pac. I think grabbing 2-4 of the MWC becomes extra realistic. The MWC would likely be out of contention for the pac and the MWC would have no realistic good backfills. UNM will not want to be in a conference with NM State. That might be the most heated in state rivalry in the nation

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      I'm ready for the A-10 if Memphis leaves the AAC.
      Maybe. If we get some combo of UNM, Nevada, UNLV, Wyoming, Utah State as backfills then AAC > A10. If we backfill with more random Southern schools... Then yea A10 would be better for sure

Comment

• If we are going to switch conferences, start working backdoor channels to land the ideal situation for our school, which in my brain is clearly the Big East. Even get media personalities championing it before it's even a thing. At least make sure that door is shut, locked, and dead bolted and there is absolutely zero chance before we settle.

Our new innovation campus is raking in massive grants ... leverage that story and get into the Big East.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Maybe. If we get some combo of UNM, Nevada, UNLV, Wyoming, Utah State as backfills then AAC > A10. If we backfill with more random Southern schools... Then yea A10 would be better for sure
          If the AAC loses Memphis, Tulane, USF, and UTSA I worry it won't be in a position to even backfill from the MWC. I wouldn't hate going to the MWC if it meant bringing schools like Tulsa, UNT, and UAB with us.

Comment

• Does the bag chasing by conferences ever end at any point in the future? Will this system self implode? Is the holy grail for football playing colleges the big football money bag?
            Last edited by ShockBand; 2 days ago.
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              If we are going to switch conferences, start working backdoor channels to land the ideal situation for our school, which in my brain is clearly the Big East. Even get media personalities championing it before it's even a thing. At least make sure that door is shut, locked, and dead bolted and there is absolutely zero chance before we settle.

Our new innovation campus is raking in massive grants ... leverage that story and get into the Big East.
              That won't get through the clergy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If the AAC teams jump to the pac. I think grabbing 2-4 of the MWC becomes extra realistic. The MWC would likely be out of contention for the pac and the MWC would have no realistic good backfills. UNM will not want to be in a conference with NM State. That might be the most heated in state rivalry in the nation
                Brick killed a guy.

Comment

• I'm sure knowing 5-6 PAC members really don't want to stay beyond five years really sits well with schools like Fresno and Colorado State.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That won't get through the clergy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Sister's got hops! Well, it is Miller Lite, so not a lot of hops...
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The fact that USF could soon be in the PAC while Stanford and Cal currently sit in the ATLANTIC Coast Conference makes absolute jackshit no sense.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          The fact that USF could soon be in the PAC while Stanford and Cal currently sit in the ATLANTIC Coast Conference makes absolute jackshit no sense.
                          FUBAR

Comment

The fact that USF could soon be in the PAC while Stanford and Cal currently sit in the ATLANTIC Coast Conference makes absolute jackshit no sense.

Comment

The Ross Dellenger article linked earlier in the thread actually did note that USF would prefer to remain in the AAC for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The Ross Dellenger article linked earlier in the thread actually did note that USF would prefer to remain in the AAC for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X