Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It's weird because the rumors bouncing around suggest the PAC wants to add Memphis, Tulane, a Texas school (probably UTSA), and likely UNLV to get to 10 members. Perhaps they want to add in tranches, but I haven't seen anything credible about them going much bigger than that, which would leave Memphis and Tulane with a lot of travel.

I guess if they can get $15m a year in media revenue then it doesn't really matter. I feel like a lot of the enthusiasm for this conference is associated with the PAC brand.
    Its still odd since the new "Pac" is more MWC than it is anything else

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Its still odd since the new "Pac" is more MWC than it is anything else
      And the two members from the original PAC are the least valuable schools.

Comment

• It's weird that these schools are so willing to jump to a conference that is basically a slightly better Mountain West. Is the PAC brand strong enough to really attract good media deals in the future that will make the travel costs worth it?

I hope Coach Mills can get us back on the right track this season and bring some appeal to our brand in order to have any hope of joining the Big East. Who the hell knows anymore though if that conference won't eventually implode too, though.

Comment

• The PAC will always be a mid major. The name won’t change that. If Memphis wants to put all of their eggs in a basket and travel 2000 miles for games against Fresno State and Boise State, have at it. They can’t succeed in the AAC, if they think a west coast conference is the ticket to success, then they are in for an even ruder awakening. I personally wanna see it happen just for entertainment value.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
          X