No announcement yet.

2012-13 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Iowa going to be the same or better next season? I remember them being decent last year with a couple of wins against Wisconsin. Is 100 - 150 an accurate projection for that team?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
      Is Iowa going to be the same or better next season? I remember them being decent last year with a couple of wins against Wisconsin. Is 100 - 150 an accurate projection for that team?
      They were 131 last year. They SHOULD be better this year. Enough to be Top 100? I don't know.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Southern Miss game promoted by same outfit that promoted last year's game agains UAB at IBA.

I predict slower early sales this year as fans wait for the inevitable discounts. At least that will probaby be my approach.

December 22nd is the Saturday before Christmas vs last year's Friday after Thanksgiving. Not sure how that will impact attendance. Might actually be a little better for most folks. Game time yet to be determined I imagine.

Comment

• I agree that the schedule isn't spectacular, but with so many unknowns, it might not be too bad of a one to schedule. Enough chances to get W's, but not a gauntlet that'll rip our team up.

The Southern Miss game is definitely a decent opponent, but again, it doesn't have that draw power. Hopefully, we'll get 11 and some change like we got last year.

We won't have a problem selling out IBA in 2013, when Tennessee comes in, and two potential Top 25 teams will be on the floor putting on a show.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            I predict slower early sales this year as fans wait for the inevitable discounts. At least that will probaby be my approach.
            Ticket prices haven't been announced, but I'd be surprised to see them as high as last year's game. The promoter should adjust accordingly, given those previous results and the opponent. So hopefully, there won't be as many discounts. Discounts don't look good, a la Joan of Arc night in Omaha. If the promoter sees that people are only coming to WSU games at IBA based on discount tickets, look for games at IBA and potential bigger opponents to go down hill. If WSU fans continue to illustrate their prowess, it not only looks good for the fanbase/university, but also too the outsiders (the ones who's putting on the game).
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Ticket prices haven't been announced, but I'd be surprised to see them as high as last year's game. The promoter should adjust accordingly, given those previous results and the opponent. So hopefully, there won't be as many discounts. Discounts don't look good, a la Joan of Arc night in Omaha. If the promoter sees that people are only coming to WSU games at IBA based on discount tickets, look for games at IBA and potential bigger opponents to go down hill. If WSU fans continue to illustrate their prowess, it not only looks good for the fanbase/university, but also too the outsiders (the ones who's putting on the game).
              Yeah, we will see how that goes. Unfortunately, Pavlov's dogs have already been through a conditioning exercise that tells them to wait and you will be rewarded. May not happen that way this time, but a lot of ticket buyers will wait and see I believe. Ruff, ruff!

Comment

• So how does this schedule of non-conference games compare to previous seasons (based on the prior year RPI)

2008 - RPI #176, finished the season at #171, or 3 percent better.
                2009 - RPI #144, finished the season at #168, or 17 percent worse.
                2010 - RPI #177, finished the season at #192, or 8 percent worse.
                2011 - RPI #183, finished the season at #161, or 12 percent better
                2012 - RPI #113, finished the season at #113, finished even for the year.
                2013 - RPI #160, finished the season at #TBD, hoping they do better.
                Last edited by WuShock Reaper; July 26, 2012, 02:12 PM. Reason: Added 2008 and 2009 Data

Comment

• Hey that's nice to know. Good info. Its especially nice to know that its reasonably close and a little better than 2010 and 2011. Now all of our opponents need to get to work and finish higher...and we need to make sure we win! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    Hey that's nice to know. Good info. Its especially nice to know that its reasonably close and a little better than 2010 and 2011. Now all of our opponents need to get to work and finish higher...and we need to make sure we win! :)
                    We were on the outside looking in in '10 and '11...
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• For those who following recruiting, Kieth Dewitt will finally make it to Wichita. LOL.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        I know. That's kinda where I'm at with saying the second part. I really was just pointing out that its nice to have a comparison. I'm still pretty new to the scheduling stuff too. Part of me thinks this team may be needing this exact schedule anyway though.

Comment

• Personally, I don't think we should ever have 5 games against 200+ teams. Unless we end up where SIU is.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Doesn't matter if you call this a rebuilding year or a reloading year, this is a decent year for a fairly soft OOC scheldule. I think the strategy is to survive the OOC scheldule and hope the team starts working as a unit by the conference season and is in tourney shape for St. Louis.

I thihk it's a reasonable schedule for the expectations we should have. The Shox could be fairly fragile as a unit early and a bunch of top-100 teams in OOC might not be a good thing for a team trying to learn how to play as a unit.

I doubt a bunch of top-100 teams would consider playing WSU - even in a "down" year. Other than playing in a weak tourney, this is about as good an OOC schedule as we can expect unless we hire a mediocre coach and start recruiting mediocre players.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Bullshit. There are top 100 teams that would play us. Maybe not a lot of BcS teams though. Our OOC schedule should give us a chance to dance every year. This one will take near perfection to do that. We shouldn't rely on winning in the Lou to do that. That's for the Evansvilles and Indiana States of the conference
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                But the valley as a whole 'should be' quite a bit stronger than 10-11 no? Not to mention, had we not blown a couple down the stretch we would have been in
                                Last edited by shoxtop; July 24, 2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X