2012-13 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-13 Schedule

This has probably been discussed on other threads, so I apologize if I've missed it. How's the schedule look for next year?

VCU away right?
    Mountain West challenge away (if it is still happening)
    Others????

I was reading this site, and it looked like quite a few teams were looking for H/H games starting next year.

America’s leader in organizing exciting, memorable and unique tours and tournaments for college and high school teams and their fans.

Looking at the site, Marshall should call Kruger and Martin immediately. Lets go both places next year and invite them here in 13-14.

Comment

You're right about the first two. I believe we're finally done with Chicago State. We'll also have Tulsa here in Wichita. Outside of that, I can't recall any continued contracts off the top of my head.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        You're right about the first two. I believe we're finally done with Chicago State. We'll also have Tulsa here in Wichita. Outside of that, I can't recall any continued contracts off the top of my head.
        Heard any names bantered about for the Tulsa job?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
          Heard any names bantered about for the Tulsa job?
          Darrin Horn needs a new home next year.

Comment

I dont know how much stock I put into the schedule board.

I mean why havent we jumped on the opportunity to go to Oregon State and beat the **** out of them in their place? Its a road win we look good and its a pac 12 tea. Yeah the pac 12 sucks but people only pay attention to the name anyways. Beside Ralph Miller WU >> Ralph Miller OSU

Comment

Did someone post that we get Air Force next year in the MWC/MVC. With SDSU and BYU out the MWC is not as interesting. I think Nevada and Fresno join next year. Not the same.

Comment

Games from that site I'd consider...

H/H with Richmond starting in Wichita
                H/H with St. Mary's starting there
                H/H with Kent State starting there
                Guarantee game AT Arizona. They're beatable and a PAC12 school. Would be on TV.
                H/H with North Texas. They didn't say where they'd start it.
                H/H with Wright State starting at either place.
                H/H with Oklahoma starting in Norman
                H/H with Kansas State starting in Craphattan
                H/H with Texas Tech starting at either place
                H/H with Tennessee starting there
                H/H with Murray State.

We play 18 conference games. We know we're playing VCU, Tulsa and MWC/MVC. That's 21. We'll have three I believe for Cancun. That would make 24. That leaves 6 games to be sceduled? Two or three will be buy games against horrid competition. Wouldn't surprise me if one of those is Newman again. That's 26 or 27. So roughly 3 games to find good competition for. I'd go with Arizona, Texas Tech and Tennessee. If you don't want to take the buy game at Zona you could replace that with Oklahoma or KSU.

Tennessee would get us some more Southeast exposure. Texas Tech is still in Texas even if it is way out there. Arizona is a national brand. 0U is close. Same with KSU.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  Did someone post that we get Air Force next year in the MWC/MVC. With SDSU and BYU out the MWC is not as interesting. I think Nevada and Fresno join next year. Not the same.
                  Is SDSU out next season or the season after? I don't know if matchups have been made yet or not. I was kind of hoping for Colorado State.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm also not sure if the new arrangement between the MWC and Conf USA will have any impact on the MWC/MVC Challenge. The MWC only has 8 teams as well...so 2 valley teams don't get to participate.

Comment

The merger doesn't go into effect until 13-14. It has no effect on the challenge considering this will be the final season for it. Hopefully we get one going with the CAA.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

H/H with Murray State.

We play 18 conference games. We know we're playing VCU, Tulsa and MWC/MVC. That's 21. We'll have three I believe for Cancun. That would make 24. That leaves 6 games to be sceduled? Two or three will be buy games against horrid competition. Wouldn't surprise me if one of those is Newman again. That's 26 or 27. So roughly 3 games to find good competition for. I'd go with Arizona, Texas Tech and Tennessee. If you don't want to take the buy game at Zona you could replace that with Oklahoma or KSU.

Tennessee would get us some more Southeast exposure. Texas Tech is still in Texas even if it is way out there. Arizona is a national brand. 0U is close. Same with KSU.
                        Given that the BB and MVC/MWC are road games, I'd say that at least 2 of those remaining 3 would need to be at home to start. If Oklahoma or Tennessee would start here, the game could be at Intrust and then "neutral" there. I'd go with that game, plus Richmond at Koch (H/H) and the AZ one and done or St. Mary's there (H/H).

Comment

H/H with Murray State.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Given that the BB and MVC/MWC are road games, I'd say that at least 2 of those remaining 3 would need to be at home to start. If Oklahoma or Tennessee would start here, the game could be at Intrust and then "neutral" there. I'd go with that game, plus Richmond at Koch (H/H) and the AZ one and done or St. Mary's there (H/H).
                          Honestly given we are going to be "down" next year thats not a bad looking schedule. Very tough but very winnable as well. I would shave a couple off (add say 2 buy gimme games) but keep the rest.

Comment

BB is a home game next year

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              BB is a home game next year
                              Yup. Sorry, I meant the return VCU game is a roady.

Comment

Working...
                              X