No announcement yet.

2012-13 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bama and Tenn will make a tremendous improvement to both this year and next year's schedule.

Let's hope to see something official soon.

Ya don't think that perhaps winning the NIT two years ago, winning the Valley Championship plus getting a bid to the NCAA this year had anything to do with this, do you?

Comment

• Here is my take on next year's out-of-conference (OOC) schedule. The ESPN 24-Hour Marathon Tip-off can only happen if it is against VCU. The Cancun Challenge is best case scenario. Also, Intrust Arena will host the Crimson Tide game. Lastly, I think I am missing one game, let me know if I am wrong.

1. at VCU - Bracket Buster Return -Tuesday, November 13, 2012 (ESPN 24-Hour Marathon)
      2. Western Carolina (Cancun Challenge) - Thursday, November 15, 2012
      3. Howard (Cancun Challenge) - Saturday, November 17, 2012
      4. at Cancun vs. Iowa - Tuesday, November 20, 2012
      5. at Cancun vs. DePaul or Western Kentucky - Wednesday, November 21, 2012
      6. Alabama - Friday or Saturday, November 24 or 25, 2012
      7. at Air Force - MVC/MWC Challenge - Saturday, December 01, 2012
      8. Charleston Southern - Saturday, December 08, 2012
      9. at Tennessee - Saturday, December 15, 2012
      10. Tulsa - Saturday, December 22, 2012
      11. Bracket Buster Weekend - Saturday, February 16, 2013

If highlighted in GREEN, then confirmed.
      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; June 15, 2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• Are you guessing on this schedule or do you know this for a fact?

Comment

• Here is the updated out-of-conference (OOC) schedule for the 2012-13 Season. If highlighted in GREEN, then confirmed.

The ESPN 24-Hour Marathon Tip-off could still happen if ESPN moves the games to Saturday, Nov. 10. I don't think they normally host these games on the weekend, but I heard something early on that we are participating so I'll put it out there for tentative discussion. Plus It makes some since, since we will already be on the east coast for the VCU game. Surprised that the Cancun Challenge Pairings have not been announced by now, sure thought they would be no later than last week.

The MVC/MWC game with Air Force has been moved to Sunday 12/02 (source: http://www.gazette.com/articles/forc...r-classic.html)

Still holding out hope for the Alabama Game at Intrust Bank Arena during the Thanksgiving Weekend.

1. at Manhattan - ESPN 24-Hour Marathon - November 10
          2. at VCU - Bracket Buster Return -Tuesday, November 13, 2012
          3. Western Carolina (Cancun Challenge) - Thursday, November 15, 2012
          4. Howard (Cancun Challenge) - Saturday, November 17, 2012
          5. at Cancun vs. DePaul - Tuesday, November 20, 2012
          6. at Cancun vs. Iowa or Western Kentucky - Wednesday, November 21, 2012
          7. Alabama - Saturday or Sunday, November 25 or 26, 2012
          8. at Air Force - MVC/MWC Challenge - Sunday, December 02, 2012
          9. Charleston Southern - Saturday, December 08, 2012
          10. at Tennessee - Saturday, December 15, 2012
          11. Tulsa - Saturday, December 22, 2012
          12. Bracket Buster Weekend - Saturday, February 16, 2013
          Last edited by WuShock Reaper; July 11, 2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• I hate to say it, but I am disappointed in our schedule. There isn't much meat on that bone and there could be as many as 6 really bad games.

To me, even in a rebuilding or young'ns filled season, it is unacceptable. You don't get better playing patsies. Without a BIG game at Intrust (and 'Fever says it is not) I will be extremely frustrated. It hasn't happened often under this staff....

Comment

• I like it. I think it compares favorably to last year. Also, we'll have Creighton twice and it wouldn't surprise me to see them ranked.

Comment

• Manhattan (OK)
                VCU (good)
                WCU & Howard (suck, but what can you do?)
                Iowa (should be fairly decent)
                DePaul (not great)
                WKU (eh)
                Alabama (not going to play them but would be a great game)
                Air Froce (Ok...)
                Charleston Southern (not good)
                Tennessee (great game)
                Tulsa (good)
                Bracket Buster (who knows. It's not about the most deserving matchups anymore)

An ok schedule I guess but nothing special.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I see we have President Bardo's former employer at Koch Arena as part of the Cancun Challenge. President Bardo can get off to a strong start with 3G and staff with a strong scouting report.

Comment

• The Shockers are not part of the ESPN Tip-Off Marathon: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...hedule-is-here. I thought it was a long shot because of the VCU game. This now opens the day for a home game. Let's keep our fingers crossed as to finding a quality home and top 100 RPI team.

Comment

• VCU (just below elite. They will be DYNAMITE next season and probably ranked for most if not all of the year)
                      WCU & Howard (Awful...218 & 285 to end the year and prospects to improve don't look good)
                      Iowa (Still probably lower half of Big10...in fact, almost certainly lower half. MI, MSU, IU, OSU & Wisky are all better....still would estimate 75-125 RPI)
                      DePaul (last year might have been the 1st under 200 in a long time...and that was 197...)
                      WKU (Finished 189 last season....did seem to be very young. Might have room to improve, but still hard to see them in the top 125)
                      Alabama (sad if it's not going to happen...and if replaced by USM...probably should be a top 100 team but lost a bunch from last year)
                      Air Force (Should improve on the 168 RPI from last year with the returners they have, and good balance in their conference. Still, not a top 125 team)
                      Charleston Southern (Could improve on the 161 but how much?)
                      Tennessee (Should improve from 86 and be a top 50 type team, especially in the SEC..just below VCU in quality but ahead in the eyes of the game)
                      Tulsa (new coach....keeping the 118 from last year about as good as you can hope for I think)
                      Bracket Buster (Top 75 matchup would be fortunate to say the least)

1 elite game, 1 great game, 2 awful road apple games, and then 10 so so games, with MAYBE 2 of those with some solid upside (Iowa & BB) and the other 8 with all kinds of downside.

Just my opinion. I would like to see better, even if it means losing a home game or 2. And I very much appreciate the quality of exempt tournaments we've been fortunate enough to play in the last several years. This year is a bump, and hopefully we'll be back to that status next season.

Comment

• Someone has their info mixed up. Because WKU just released their schedule and they're playing Iowa first in Cancun.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          Someone has their info mixed up. Because WKU just released their schedule and they're playing Iowa first in Cancun.
                          So who does that leave WSU with?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                            So who does that leave WSU with?
                            That means we would be playing DePaul

Comment

• For the info, here is WKU's coach being quoted as saying Iowa first: http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/ha...9bb2963f4.html

Courtesy of Patrick Marshall at W&BR.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I agree that it would be nice to have a slightly stronger looking schedule. On the other hand, we have a lot of new faces. It might work in our favor to have some winnable games in the pre conference. I hope we will be top notch quickly but if it takes time to gel, a weaker non conference might help our guys gain confidence (by winning). If the valley is strong enough with cu, uni, isu, ilst and dare I say ue all on the upswing, having a good run in the mvc might be enough to polish up our resume. Watch me eat my words when the non conference strength of schedule puts us on the bubble :)

Comment

Working...
                                X