No announcement yet.

2012-13 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We MAY have been in. Definitely a better chance. But then you're still looking at a 10 seed or so. Is the goal just to make the dance? Or is it to do something while we're there? Better seeding helps with that. And we need to do whatever we can to get a better seed.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Looking again, that looks like 6 games in 12 days to start the season....and I am guesstimating around 7000 miles of travel in those 12 days.

Young team, early in the season, games next to each other packed around travel...LOTS of travel....my early expectations will be curtailed, immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Looking again, that looks like 6 games in 12 days to start the season....and I am guesstimating around 7000 miles of travel in those 12 days.

Young team, early in the season, games next to each other packed around travel...LOTS of travel....my early expectations will be curtailed, immediately.
        I hadn't paid attention to the dates

Nov. 10 — North Carolina-Central
        Nov. 11 -- Practice/Film
        Nov. 12 -- Practice/Travel
        Nov. 13 — at Virginia Commonwealth
        Nov. 14 -- Practice/Film
        Nov. 15 — Western Carolina
        Nov. 16 -- Practice/Film
        Nov. 17 — Howard
        Nov. 18 -- Practice(Rest)/Film/Travel
        Nov. 19 -- Practice
        Nov. 20 — DePaul at Cancun, Mexico
        Nov. 21 -- Practice/Film
        Nov. 22 — Iowa or Western Kentucky at Cancun, Mexico
        Now they get a bit of rest to prepare for Tulsa and go about a normal schedule.
        Nov. 28 — Tulsa
        Dec. 2 — at Air Force
        Dec. 8 — Northern Colorado
        Dec. 13 — at Tennessee
        Dec. 20 — Charleston Southern

Dec. 22 — Southern Mississippi at Intrust Bank Arena

6 games in 13 days with lots of travel is going to be tough. If there's a bright side to it, there aren't a lot of good teams in that span. VCU and then Iowa/WKU is about it. But with such travel and lack of rest, maybe DePaul bites them. That would be a major negative for the season.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• My expectations for the schedule--and for the team--will increase GREATLY in 2013-14.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I hope we don't have some rough stumbles early in the season.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I don't think the travel will bother them that much, it's not like we are flying comercial and have layovers.
              I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

• According to MVCFans, the Shockers are playing Creighton on Saturday, Jan. 19 at Wichita State

and the last game of the regular season - Saturday, March 2 versus Wichita State at the CenturyLink Center

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  According to MVCFans, the Shockers are playing Creighton on Saturday, Jan. 19 at Wichita State

and the last game of the regular season - Saturday, March 2 versus Wichita State at the CenturyLink Center
                  That is GREAT if true. I smell another trip to Omaha this year!
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Wasn't the schedule released last year on the 28th of September? If so, we're a month away hopefully sooner.
                    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                      Wasn't the schedule released last year on the 28th of September? If so, we're a month away hopefully sooner.
                      Has anybody heard when and whom may be on tap for a preseason opponent? I know Marshall prefers a private scrimmage +1 game approach, I wasn't sure if any of those details have been released.

Comment

• Not released yet, no, and yes the CU game is accurate.

Comment

• Didn't Paul S. mention they are trying to get the same team to scrimmage that they had last year?UTA I believe.

Edit- Here's the quote from Shockwaves article, "Wrapping up Shocker Summer Basketball"

■WSU will likely pair an exhibition game with a closed scrimmage, as it has done in recent seasons. Marshall wants to scrimmage Texas-Arlington in Wichita, as the Shockers did last year.

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#storylink=cpy
                          Last edited by tropicalshox; August 28, 2012, 11:50 PM.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• According to SIU Website:

Wednesday, January 9 - SIU at Wichita State

and

Tuesday, February 5 - Wichita State at SIU, 7:05 pm

Comment

• According to Indiana State Website:

Tuesday, January 29 - Indiana State at Wichita State

and

Tuesday, February 19 - Wichita State at Indiana State

Comment

• According to Missouri State Website:

Wednesday, January 23 - Wichita State at Missouri State

and

Saturday, February 9 - Missouri State at Wichita State

Comment

Working...
                                X