No announcement yet.

NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the "bright" side is that when we get sanctions from the NCAA because DB screws this up ... at least then he HAS to be fired right?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

He's definitely admitting he missed the ball. The ball being a willingness to cheat. It's a tough call. Smart answer though.

I do like the fact that he says we will start cheating though.
      I'd prefer he'd do it without laying it all out in a public article though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        What the heck was that article. Did he just openly admit he's going to break rules? instead of doing what every other good AD did and get them set up appropriately ahead of time so the NIL can be funded hands off from the university where it's WAY less likely to draw the eye of the NCAA? Lets face it .... if the NCAA is going to make an example of a school .. it's going to be a WSU not a Miami or a KU.

Don't get me wrong, at this point we need to do what it takes, but something about how that whole interview was answered just rubbed me the wrong way about how he's seeing this and speaking to it. Let's do it and do it smart like the rest of these teams .. not blatantly advertising we are going to set something up to break rules.
        Desperate attempt at getting us to back down so he can keep his job.

Issue is, he is STILL missing the point. And could make things worse.

I do want to applaud us all for getting this ball rolling. While Taylor was working on an article showing how NIL is swaying kids to leave. I dont think it was being planned to this level and I doubt we would have heard from Boatright.

But the fight ain't over!

Well done Shockernet.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'd prefer he'd do it without laying it all out in a public article though.
          But had he said nothing about his intentions to reverse course...

...this place would have been smokin' hot. He's clearly speaking to the fanbase right now. His job security is priority #1 over any NCAA investigation. He did the right thing for him and his family.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

But had he said nothing about his intentions to reverse course...

...this place would have been smokin' hot. He's clearly speaking to the fanbase right now. His job security is priority #1 over any NCAA investigation. He did the right thing for him and his family.
            That's even more reason to fire him... I doubt very many feel better about it after reading that article.

Comment

That's even more reason to fire him... I doubt very many feel better about it after reading that article.
              Oh, we all feel like ****. Every sport we have besides softball is in the toilet. Just that fact alone is enough to can his ass. It really doesn't matter if it's truly his fault or not. I've wanted to clock him ever since he gave Mini-B that extra season. If someone told me Jim Schaus was coming back I would be over at BeltTight's house tonight packing his bags for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                The student athlete is under contract too. Any conversations by others with them could be considered tortious interference as it affects their abilities to perform current contract. So offering multi year scholarships could be more common.

It won’t be a school suing an athlete on the above. It will be a school suing another school or NIL collective. Could even be preceded by injunction against company which could really tie this up.
                I think at first it will be athletic departments organizations suing player agents, other athletic departments organizations, schools and NIL collectives at first. Eventually the agents will get wise and slink into the shadows to do their dirty work like they always have and create a buffer via the transfer portal while using burner phones to communicate with parents out of band.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think at first it will be athletic departments organizations suing player agents, other athletic departments organizations, schools and NIL collectives at first. Eventually the agents will get wise and slink into the shadows to do their dirty work like they always have and create a buffer via the transfer portal while using burner phones to communicate with parents out of band.
                  Most communication is via AAU coaches right now anyways. Schools/Agents don't reach directly out to players until they are in the portal. All the work before that is through those other back channels .. but the offers are still made.

Comment

• I’m not happy with DBs response. That is a typical type of answer for someone out of their depth. “I’ll take the blame, but it’s not my fault.” If you take the blame, there are no caveats.

I don’t want an admission of guilt, I don’t want new. Wrong on both counts, Darren.

I want to see efforts of change. Isaac has brought on a recruiter who has been very active. Evidence of change, albeit a small one.

What I don’t see from Darren is urgency. He just lost his basketball team. His coach is working his butt off but is paddling his canoe with a spoon. I don’t see him reassuring the fan base and casting vision and providing his coach with a paddle. No, we are not the big swingers in donations, but we are the ticket sales.

I worked for a CFO that was like Darren in Taylor’s article. Hands down the worst type of leader. He, too, was handed a crap sandwich and he refused to eat it. He quit after a couple months, the CEO took over finance and hogged that sandwich down. There was no ***** footing around, there was no blame, only acknowledgment and work to fix it.

Darren, we want you to fix this. That’s all. Don’t tell us what you think we want to hear. We want to see you out there doing what needs to be done. I’m fine with your raise as long as you show us you deserve it. So far, you’ve delivered nothing but a national embarrassment, and all we’ve seen from you is NOTHING to suggest you aren’t fine with what was on the court this year. If you don’t like being called out, it’s because you have failed public relations.

Fix it, fix the basketball team, fix the athletics, or get out of the way so Muma can find someone who can.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Rudi Williams cancels his visit ... byproduct of everything here. He was tempted to come here to play with Ricky. Ricky gets multiple 6 figure NIL offers ... goes in the portal ... now Rudi cancels his visit. All flows downhill from Boatrights failures.

Comment

Rudi Williams cancels his visit ... byproduct of everything here. He was tempted to come here to play with Ricky. Ricky gets multiple 6 figure NIL offers ... goes in the portal ... now Rudi cancels his visit. All flows downhill from Boatrights failures.
                        Even more ammo for a Fire Boatwrong and IB campaign. Sad sad day, but not surprising.

Comment

• The fact is there are no rules so how can we cheat? Tampering and everything associated with it is allowed. Like Doc says, pro sports don't even have that ability.

The irony of this is a player can't collect a 50.00 gift card because he made a half court shot, but $400k to him from the highest bidder is fine as long as he signs autographs and holds a baby now and again.

I thought I wouldn't find anything as nonsensical as some of the mask logic but this might beat it.

Comment

• Just finished reading the article, along with DB's comments. I'm ready to donate towards another month of billboards.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Have you seen Olivia Dunne mount the beam?
                              I have now. My goodness the backside on that woman is gonna make one man happy someday! She’s beautiful!
                              Shocker Alumni
                              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• I don't think DB was wrong to put blame on the NCAA for not being clear on their rules, but I think he is wrong for blaming the WSU response to NIL on the NCAA. He said in this article that he recognized that this was going to be an issue before the football season. I don't understand why there wasn't a quick decision to change our policy once that became clear. It's not like NIL collectives just popped up, they've all been very public since the NIL ruling changed.

Also, the NCAA rule said schools have to follow state regulations. Kansas has left it up to the schools, which means the school can be involved in creating the collective. You're telling me he had no idea that KU had an NIL collective in Wichita until just recently?

Comment

Working...
                                X