No announcement yet.

NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with the idea that we won't be competing with the top schools is it simply isn't true. When we have guys who develop, now we are competing with the top money programs, unless we are going to be ok with writing them off. How would we have handled Fred year 3 or 4???? Holy crap! What a freaking **** show this is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      The problem with the idea that we won't be competing with the top schools is it simply isn't true. When we have guys who develop, now we are competing with the top money programs, unless we are going to be ok with writing them off. How would we have handled Fred year 3 or 4???? Holy crap! What a freaking **** show this is.
      Yep. I love Fred but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have jumped if someone was out there with a 750K check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Yep. I love Fred but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have jumped if someone was out there with a 750K check.
        Granted .. at that time .. we probably had the donor backing to beat it ..

Comment

• I don't want to speak to what Ron or Fred might have ultimately done but... Ron would have gathered some mucho offers after that F4 run AS. A. Freshman. That young man looked like he belonged out there. And he was breakin' hearts by the thousands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Granted .. at that time .. we probably had the donor backing to beat it ..
            Really good point. I think the pockets were much more open back then, than now.

Comment

• So the new reality is that non P-5 schools are basically prep schools for P5 schools?

Certainly seems like it. I doubt Evansville has a wealth of money to match offers from LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

But will said collectives have any money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  So the new reality is that non P-5 schools are basically prep schools for P5 schools
                  I think that's been the intent and plan for many years. Next is all 68 spots in March filled by P-5's.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Endowment. Endowment. Endowment. Endowment.

Anything else is far too shortsighted. If the collective isn't setting up an endowment, we are going to lose the long game.

It is far better to buy marginal players with growing endowment income today (and having volatile seasons with marginal players), so that we can easily buy top notch talent over and over and over again in the future.

Ask Harvard if endowments are the path.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post

You would be FAR better to put that $1M in an endowment and pay only 50% of the interest generated to players ... meaning you are only getting a young bunch of freshmen and marginal juco transfers, and fund raising to increase that endowment, like crazy. We will suck for a bit until you have $5M in the endowment. Then you are set up big time, and just keep fundraising to increase it. We need to set up and fund raise a massive endowment.

This is a game that can be won, but it HAS to be an endowment.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Endowment. Endowment. Endowment. Endowment.

Anything else is far too shortsighted. If the collective isn't setting up an endowment, we are going to lose the long game.

It is far better to buy marginal players with growing endowment income today (and having volatile seasons with marginal players), so that we can easily buy top notch talent over and over and over again in the future.

Ask Harvard if endowments are the path.
                        We have a lot in common with Harvard.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post

Chase Koch is the man, whose shoulder we should commence a tappin'. He is the future of Koch influence at Wichita State and his roots are firmly in our town.

P.S. I do hope though that Papa Koch has WSU in a tiny (just a couple Bils) corner of his will.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Chase Koch is the man, whose shoulder we should commence a tappin'. He is the future of Koch influence at Wichita State and his roots are firmly in our town.
                            Heard on the internet (take it with a grain) he's not as high on WSU as his old man.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Heard on the internet (take it with a grain) he's not as high on WSU as his old man.
                              That would really suck!

ATM Alumni....

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Maybe his ex wife is?

Comment

Working...
                                X