NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIL Collective

Reading the discussion here and reading up on other collectives around the country, it seems like these NIL collectives are formed and ran largely by fans with player support, giving players and businesses resources to work together.

We have a lot of talented individuals who care about the Shockers on this board, what would be stopping us from setting up something similar on a volunteer basis? Something that would take a few people 3-4 hours a week to put some time into and link these guys with some companies wanting to get in on it.

Obviously this isn't an end-all or permanent solution, but it's better than nothing while we sit here and watch the athletic department shove their fist up their ass.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Apathy

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
      Reading the discussion here and reading up on other collectives around the country, it seems like these NIL collectives are formed and ran largely by fans with player support, giving players and businesses resources to work together.

We have a lot of talented individuals who care about the Shockers on this board, what would be stopping us from setting up something similar on a volunteer basis? Something that would take a few people 3-4 hours a week to put some time into and link these guys with some companies wanting to get in on it.

Obviously this isn't an end-all or permanent solution, but it's better than nothing while we sit here and watch the athletic department shove their fist up their ass.
      There still has to be a level of coordination and effort with the Athletic departments. That part appears to be missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There still has to be a level of coordination and effort with the Athletic departments. That part appears to be missing.
        That's what I was thinking as well, but I found an article about several smaller ish D1 schools that do it by getting players onboard privately, finding the companies and setting things up from there. Schools jobs are to look over and make sure it's a legal deal when it's all finalized, but no involvement before that.
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

If I'm a college coach at a non P5, I make each recruit sign a contract for 4 years. Keep a tab on all costs associated with his scholarship, making it payable in full if the leave the first year, 50% Afters the second year, 25% after the 3rd yr and 0% after the fourth.

That will be the only way to compete against schools with the great nil deals and stop the transfer portal crap. While it would attract 4 & 5 star guys, it would develop good team chemistry over the long haul.

Comment

The article on NIL Collectives that shocker43 posted on the transfer portal thread was an interesting read. Most of the collectives had former players and business people involved. Seems like a perfect thing for Ron Baker to be involved in and maybe some former baseball players. Maybe lure Brent Kemnitz away from WSU and have him run the NIL collective instead. But a fan formed one should be possible too. Having a booth or handouts at the TBT would be a good place to try to drum up support.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Still waiting for the Nifty Nut House “Let em’ hang” deal.

Comment

I think there is a collective being looked at that Matt and Ryan Baty are proposing. I think Matt maybe trying to take care of KU and Ryan WSU. I am sure there are others involved but that is the rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                  I think there is a collective being looked at that Matt and Ryan Baty are proposing. I think Matt maybe trying to take care of KU and Ryan WSU. I am sure there are others involved but that is the rumor.
                  That would be awesome. Call it something like: Shocker Connect. We Play Angry. Shockers Up.

I mean shoot it can’t be that hard to come up with a name (trademark it) and create a collective.
                  Shocker Alumni
                  Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                  Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

That would be awesome. Call it something like: Shocker Connect. We Play Angry. Shockers Up.

I mean shoot it can’t be that hard to come up with a name (trademark it) and create a collective.
                    Not shockers up. Emporia state does “stingers up” already.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

I think you meant “Pay Angry”

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                        The article on NIL Collectives that shocker43 posted on the transfer portal thread was an interesting read. Most of the collectives had former players and business people involved. Seems like a perfect thing for Ron Baker to be involved in and maybe some former baseball players. Maybe lure Brent Kemnitz away from WSU and have him run the NIL collective instead. But a fan formed one should be possible too. Having a booth or handouts at the TBT would be a good place to try to drum up support.
                        Ron Baker and Brent Kemnitz... great ideas.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There are well over 300 programs that are in the same situation we are in and can't compete with the blue bloods. The solution is to withdraw from the NCAA and form a truly amateur league again. This forces the NCAA to reform back to something they once were or lose 300+ of it's members. Truly amateur schools should all agree NOT to schedule schools paying their players and they should have their own Amateur Championship game/format and their own tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            There are well over 300 programs that are in the same situation we are in and can't compete with the blue bloods. The solution is to withdraw from the NCAA and form a truly amateur league again. This forces the NCAA to reform back to something they once were or lose 300+ of it's members. Truly amateur schools should all agree NOT to schedule schools paying their players and they should have their own Amateur Championship game/format and their own tournaments.
                            Pretty sure I have seen non-blue blood schools with NIL collectives (including current AAC members). I imagine some of the small schools with big donors are gonna pass us up quickly. The main issue won't be just the blue bloods vs everyone else.

It is adjust to NIL rules or get left behind.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I think KU has patented "the cockgobblers"

Comment

Working...
                              X