2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    A K-State buddy pointed out to me that the Big 12 title game is the same day. Wouldn’t it be a shame if KSU made that game and left Bramlage empty for Shocker Nation to take over?
    The problem with your scenario is that 3rd, 4th, or 5th in the Big 12 doesn't get you into the football Title game. That is the highest ceiling for KSU football. OU, OSU, and Baylor are still better with TT, ISU, and UT being equal with them. They'll be off for that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The problem with your scenario is that 3rd, 4th, or 5th in the Big 12 doesn't get you into the football Title game. That is the highest ceiling for KSU football. OU, OSU, and Baylor are still better with TT, ISU, and UT being equal with them. They'll be off for that weekend.
      UT will be in that title game.
      At least I have hope for 1 of my teams.

Comment

• Dang it! Missed the 4 for 50 deal. Hopefully they run it again....KSU site has no events listed in December yet.....

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
          I have a hard time getting excited for the Kstate series when we all the sudden have a coach who has no idea how to coach a D-1 basketball game and we can’t get rid of him anytime soon
          Pisses me off seeing the juice flowing from their new coach. It's like they're flying right past us before our very eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Have you seen their list of spring/preseason injuries? The Longhorns are up against it this fall. I think Baylor is penciled into 1 or 2. The other is likely between OSU, OU and KState. I can't see ISU, WVU, UT, TCU, TT and obviously KU being good enough or consistent enough to be there at the end.

Comment

• No other cfb program consistently underachieves quite like the longhorns.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind playing a team like Mo State in the regular season also. It feels like WSU's current schedule is missing some middle-of-the-road games that aren't either high or low quality opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  No other cfb program consistently underachieves quite like the longhorns.
                  It's the Texas way. Dallas tops the pro list in that category and UT tops the NCAA list.
                  But I believe this year they have under rated the longhorns. Last year was Sarks first year and after the Arkansas game some players started crying, pissing and moaning. Even with the poor team attitude, they managed to compete with everyone except Arkansas. Those players are now gone and and their positions have been upgraded.
                  But we will see. I definitely have more confidence in my football team (UT) than my basketball team (shocks) this year.

Comment

• Gaaaah!!!

Mr. Saal.
                    New assistant coach that's a recruiting stud.
                    New recruits.

... regardless what happened last year, I can't help but getting excited for both basketball and baseball.

BRING 'EM ON ALREADY!!!!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

You sure?
                      They and the media think they’ll make the B12 Championship every year. That’s laughable. I’ve not done the research, but serious question.

How is many times since the Big 12 Championship game was started, has Texas made the Championship game?

As as I said, the National Media predicts they will make it every year (along with their Top 5 Recruiting classes), but their predictions aren’t worth crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You sure?
                        They and the media think they’ll make the B12 Championship every year. That’s laughable. I’ve not done the research, but serious question.

How is many times since the Big 12 Championship game was started, has Texas made the Championship game?

As as I said, the National Media predicts they will make it every year (along with their Top 5 Recruiting classes), but their predictions aren’t worth crap.

No, not sure, but hopeful.
                        Media predictions are slightly influenced by the ability to make money. Boost UT in the rankings and you increase revenue on games like Alabama v. UT and any other top 20 game. Texas has a bigger fan base than any other school which means more eyes, if they can stay in the rankings, which means more money from advertisers.
                        It used to be Notre Dame in that position several years ago, but they have gotten back in the mix lately and I can guarantee that UT will be back in that mix someday.
                        I seriously wish I could say the same for the shox. I enjoy WSU basketball more than any other sport team, regardless of their record. I remained a season ticket holder from the year I got out of the marine Corp 79 untill 2000 when I was transfered to Texas. I still watch every game possible and anticipate the start of each season. Some seasons are just a little more fun, and those coincide with their ability to be in contention for a title.

Comment

No, not sure, but hopeful.
                          Media predictions are slightly influenced by the ability to make money. Boost UT in the rankings and you increase revenue on games like Alabama v. UT and any other top 20 game. Texas has a bigger fan base than any other school which means more eyes, if they can stay in the rankings, which means more money from advertisers.
                          It used to be Notre Dame in that position several years ago, but they have gotten back in the mix lately and I can guarantee that UT will be back in that mix someday.
                          I seriously wish I could say the same for the shox. I enjoy WSU basketball more than any other sport team, regardless of their record. I remained a season ticket holder from the year I got out of the marine Corp 79 untill 2000 when I was transfered to Texas. I still watch every game possible and anticipate the start of each season. Some seasons are just a little more fun, and those coincide with their ability to be in contention for a title.
                          I know you’re a UT fan, but I have little confidence in their success. They struggle to find consistent success in a meh Big12, so Good Luck in the SEC. They may become our next irrelevant Nebraska (although they have many more recruiting possibilities in Texas). But that often hasn’t helped them in the past.

Comment

• UT is the Memphis of football. Sign the best players, coach them to mediocrity. The alumni and press will think "this is the year" every pre-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              UT is the Memphis of football. Sign the best players, coach them to mediocrity. The alumni and press will think "this is the year" every pre-season.
                              *Your* (thanks kel) giving Memphis way too much credit.

Comment

I enjoy WSU basketball more than any other sport team, regardless of their record. I remained a season ticket holder from the year I got out of the marine Corp 79 untill 2000 when I was transfered to Texas. I still watch every game possible and anticipate the start of each season. Some seasons are just a little more fun, and those coincide with their ability to be in contention for a title.
                                LOL My dad used to tell his teams first day of practice, "Winning isn't everything and we are here to have fun ....but we will have a hell of a lot more fun if we are winning"

Comment

Working...
                                X