X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Matchups now set.

Comment

• So we will be playing UNI in the losers bracket.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          So we will be playing UNI in the losers bracket.
          With at-large chances on the line.

Comment

• Go Shockers - Men's Schedule Takes Shape with Release of AAC Pairings

The league will once again conduct an 18-game schedule with each team assigned eight home-and-home series, plus one home-only and one road-only opponent.

The Shockers will not visit Cincinnati in 2022-23 and do not have a home game with Temple.

Matchups are annually determined by television inventory and contractual requirements, competitive issues/NET implications, and geographic rivalries.

The full American Athletic Conference schedule is due out in mid-September, along with tip times and television assignments.
            O/U at 8?
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Ya, I would say 8-9 maybe.

Comment

• I’m going to be optimistic and take the over. Just because it is too early to feel that bad about our team.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

I’m going to be optimistic and take the over. Just because it is too early to feel that bad about our team.
                  Wish I could say the same, but I'm taking the under.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• It’s going to come down to the coaching. Butch has been pivotal to the recruiting process. If he can bring something to practice and to the bench on game day, they might be good. If Isaac can get them to buy in and if he gives them a system, they can be gooder. However, I think gooder is the ceiling.

I’m taking the over. 8th to 6th in the American, 12-18 wins.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      It’s going to come down to the coaching. Butch has been pivotal to the recruiting process. If he can bring something to practice and to the bench on game day, they might be good. If Isaac can get them to buy in and if he gives them a system, they can be gooder. However, I think gooder is the ceiling.

I’m taking the over. 8th to 6th in the American, 12-18 wins.
                      I think the 8-9 O/U was based on conference wins, not overall. I sure hope so anyway.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I think the 8-9 O/U was based on conference wins, not overall. I sure hope so anyway.
                        Well, nobody ever accused me of being very smart, so…
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• What does everyone think is the bottom for HCIB to keep his job? In terms of wins or conference standings.

I wish 18 were the very bottom but know it will be lower than that. 18 will only give them excuses to keep him.
                          In terms of placement, top half of conference, anything less should result in replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                            What does everyone think is the bottom for HCIB to keep his job? In terms of wins or conference standings.

I wish 18 were the very bottom but know it will be lower than that. 18 will only give them excuses to keep him.
                            In terms of placement, top half of conference, anything less should result in replacement.
                            I don’t have an answer based on wins or conference standings. My bar is making the NIT.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                              What does everyone think is the bottom for HCIB to keep his job? In terms of wins or conference standings.

Unless Saal can convince donors to step up and pay the damned buy out, I don't know if there is a floor this season. Remember, if they fire him after this year, he still gets paid his full contract amount and the financials have to improve a lot before that can be done, or big money people have to be willing to pay it.

I'm not expecting an NIT bid. But if he were on the hot seat, I think that would have to be the bare minimum. I still think he will get another year because of how the contract was written by DoucheBag and company.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Unless Saal can convince donors to step up and pay the damned buy out, I don't know if there is a floor this season. Remember, if they fire him after this year, he still gets paid his full contract amount and the financials have to improve a lot before that can be done, or big money people have to be willing to pay it.

I'm not expecting an NIT bid. But if he were on the hot seat, I think that would have to be the bare minimum. I still think he will get another year because of how the contract was written by DoucheBag and company.
                                Yup, financially it might make sense to not make a move this year no matter what and do it after next year. goes from 3 full years of payment to 1 year of payment (50% of 2 years). Use the money to focus on other foundational improvements that can be used to lure a high profile coach next year

Comment

Working...
                                X