Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

The God’s Bear Bowl.
    It is very strange to me the organizers didn't go with the more compelling matchups (WSU v. UNI, GCU v. USF) in the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It is very strange to me the organizers didn't go with the more compelling matchups (WSU v. UNI, GCU v. USF) in the first round.
      They're probably going for the better title game of USF v. GCU.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Where would we be seeded in this event? Looking at last years KenPom, we would be the #4 seed. USF #23, UNI #91, GCU #93, WSU #94. I hope HCIB can get this turned around.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
          Where would we be seeded in this event? Looking at last years KenPom, we would be the #4 seed. USF #23, UNI #91, GCU #93, WSU #94. I hope HCIB can get this turned around.
          Based on Bart Torvik:

1) USF (87)
          2) GCU (105)
          3) WSU (112)
          4) UNI (265) yeesh

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Based on Bart Torvik:

1) USF (87)
            2) GCU (105)
            3) WSU (112)
            4) UNI (265) yeesh
            Based on recent data analysis:
            1) UNI (still on the cusp of an invite to the 2022 tourney)
            2) Good nachos with jalapeños!
            3) Short lines at the restrooms
            4). GCU, (no one cares), USF (historically sucks) WSU (HCIB)

Comment

• AJ Green is not at UNI anymore. They are FUBAR.
              78-65

Comment

• K-State has a 4 pack available for $50 for our game. I’d be cool with putting a couple thousand black-and-gold clad people in Manhattan.

Only available today though.
                78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  K-State has a 4 pack available for $50 for our game. I’d be cool with putting a couple thousand black-and-gold clad people in Manhattan.

Only available today though.
                  Link to that? Having trouble finding it
                  edit found it

Comment

• I have a hard time getting excited for the Kstate series when we all the sudden have a coach who has no idea how to coach a D-1 basketball game and we can’t get rid of him anytime soon

Comment

• Thanks to WuShock16 and Stickboy46
                      Grabbed tickets today for the KSU game. May be the first Shocker basketball game that my son will attend.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        I have a hard time getting excited for the Kstate series when we all the sudden have a coach who has no idea how to coach a D-1 basketball game and we can’t get rid of him anytime soon
                        Ahh give him a minute. Lots of s##t happened the last couple years on planet Earth. Give him a minute...
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I grabbed a 4 pack also last night ... easy drive to try to take over their arena like we do Tulsa.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            I have a hard time getting excited for the Kstate series when we all the sudden have a coach who has no idea how to coach a D-1 basketball game and we can’t get rid of him anytime soon
                            I was just thinking how much of a no brainer attending that game would’ve been for me even just 3 years ago and now I have very little interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I was just thinking how much of a no brainer attending that game would’ve been for me even just 3 years ago and now I have very little interest.
                              I am sad that we never got to see Gregg absolutely de-pants The Bruce.

When Wisconsin lost to Ole Miss in 2013, it opened a crack in our bracket that made a Final Four bid possible if we could just get by Gonzaga. The Sweet 16 matchup would be K-State, LaSalle, or Ole Miss (and KSU dropped out of that possibility a couple hours later), and I knew we’d beat any of those jokers…yes, even the co-Big 12 champs from the little apple.
                              78-65

Comment

• I bought…uh well, several. 18 to be exact. A high school
                                friend asked for 6, so that bumped the number up a little. I shouldn’t have trouble finding takers with all my Shocker friends out there. Gonna have a nice little cheering section rocking the black and gold.

A K-State buddy pointed out to me that the Big 12 title game is the same day. Wouldn’t it be a shame if KSU made that game and left Bramlage empty for Shocker Nation to take over?
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X