2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I did see a tweet from Taylor that the official schedule should be released this afternoon.
    He also mentioned them adding 1 more Non-con game but then deleted that tweet and resent it without it .. for whatever that means.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He also mentioned them adding 1 more Non-con game but then deleted that tweet and resent it without it .. for whatever that means.
      My guess is we will end up with a local opponent for an exhibition game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Someone replied to the deleted tweet asking if it would be a buy game and TE replied (reply not deleted), saying he believes so.

Comment

• Go Shockers Schedule

2022-23 WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE:

Wed, Nov. 2 – EXHIBITION GAME – 7 p.m.
          Mon, Nov. 7 -- CENTRAL ARKANSAS -- 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Sat, Nov. 12 -- ALCORN ST. -- 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Thur, Nov. 17 -- at Richmond -- TBA (TBA)
          Mon, Nov. 21 -- vs. Grand Canyon $ -- 2 p.m. (CBSSN)
          Tues, Nov. 22 -- vs. UNI or San Francisco $ -- 10:30/1 p.m. (CBSSN)
          Sat, Nov. 26 -- TARLETON ST. -- 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Tues, Nov. 29 -- MISSOURI -- 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Sat, Dec. 3 -- at Kansas St. -- TBA (TBA)
          Sat, Dec. 10 -- LONGWOOD -- 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Tues, Dec. 13 -- MISS. VALLEY ST. -- 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Sat, Dec. 17 -- OKLAHOMA ST.% -- 8 p.m. (ESPNU)
          Thur, Dec. 22 -- TEXAS SOUTHERN -- 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Wed, Dec. 28 -- at UCF* -- 6 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Sat, Dec. 31 -- EAST CAROLINA* -- 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Thur, Jan. 5 -- CINCINNATI* -- 8 p.m. (^ESPN2/U)
          Sun, Jan. 8 -- at South Florida* -- Noon (ESPN+)
          Sat, Jan. 14 -- TULSA* -- 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Thur, Jan. 19 -- at Memphis* -- 6 p.m. (^ESPN2/U)
          Sun, Jan. 22 -- at SMU* -- 2 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Wed, Jan. 25 -- TULANE* -- 8 p.m. (^ESPN2/U)
          Sun, Jan. 29 -- at East Carolina* -- 11 a.m. (ESPNU)
          Thur, Feb. 2 -- HOUSTON* -- 8 p.m. (ESPN2)
          Sun, Feb. 5 -- at Tulsa* -- 2 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Wed, Feb. 8 -- UCF* -- 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Sun, Feb. 12 -- SMU* -- 3 p.m. (ESPN2)
          Thur, Feb. 16 -- at Temple* -- 6 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Thur, Feb. 23 -- MEMPHIS* -- 6 p.m. (ESPN2)
          Sun, Feb. 26 -- at Tulane* -- 2 p.m. (ESPNU)
          Thur, Mar. 2 -- at Houston* -- 6 p.m. (^ESPN2/U)
          Sun, Mar. 5 -- SOUTH FLORIDA* -- 2 p.m. (ESPN+)
          Thur-Sun, Mar. 9-12 -- American Athletic Conference Championship#

Home games in all CAPS; played at Charles Koch Arena unless otherwise noted.
          % = at INTRUST Bank Arena/ Wichita, Kan.
          ^ = Flex game. ESPN will announce network at least a week before game.
          $ = Hall of Fame Classic at T-Mobile Center/ Kansas City, Mo.
          * = American Athletic Conference game
          # = at Dickies Arena/ Fort Worth, Texas
          That's a lot of games on streaming only. Sad times. At least 16 games on ESPN+ unless I can't count.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Go Shockers Schedule

That's a lot of games on streaming only. Sad times. At least 16 games on ESPN+ unless I can't count.
              I guess the silver lining is that people will get their money's worth for the ESPN+ subscription. If WSU can somehow win ~20 games this year I suspect they can be featured on linear TV a lot more next season (in a weaker league).

Comment

• Comment

• Posted this in the Cutting the Cable thread a few days ago and figured this would be a good place to post it as well. If you're looking for a deal where you get live channels plus ESPN+ together, Hulu (https://www.hulu.com/live-tv) is running a special for a couple more weeks where you get:

It’s like cable, but better. Save $20/month for 3 months on Hulu + Live TV, now with Disney+ and ESPN+. With no-hassle setup, no hidden fees, and unlimited DVR, you get the best movies, shows, and sports along with 75+ live TV channels. Hurry, offer ends 10/5.
                  The small print reads:

Ends 11:59 PM PST on 10/5/22. Offer for Hulu (ad-supported) + Live TV plan only. $49.99/month for 3 months, then auto-renews at $69.99/month or then-current regular monthly price. Price will increase to $74.99/month as of 12/8/22. Cancel anytime, effective at the end of your billing period. Valid for eligible new and returning Hulu subscribers (who have not had Hulu in the past 1 month), 18+ only.
                  So if you waited until October 1, you could get their live tv channels, Disney+, and ESPN+, for $50 per month plus taxes, for the last three months of the year, and then starting January 1, pay $75 per month.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Does the 75+ Live TV channels include local stations?

Comment

• They want people to hop back on the season ticket train but that home non-con slate is downright putrid.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        They want people to hop back on the season ticket train but that home non-con slate is downright putrid.
                        I re-upped this season (seeing as I kinda shot my mouth off about DB and got what I wanted), but I’m curious to see how this season goes for me. I just had a very unexcited feeling while taking the initial look at the schedule, which has pretty much never happened in the last 20 years.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I re-upped this season (seeing as I kinda shot my mouth off about DB and got what I wanted), but I’m curious to see how this season goes for me. I just had a very unexcited feeling while taking the initial look at the schedule, which has pretty much never happened in the last 20 years.
                          Good for you for re-upping in light of the dropping of the Boat Anchor. That's much respect to follow through.

I had the same unexcited reaction for the first time in a long while. Just meh. And this is usually the most exciting time of the year in that respect. The athletic director change is a huge step in the right direction for this university and I believe we're another hire away from getting things back on track in the program.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wow only 3 games on ESPN2, none on ESPN or CBS. At least 16 games on espn+ and a few on CBS Sportsnet and the U. Hopefully we will do well this year, so that we can get back to decent exposure next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              Does the 75+ Live TV channels include local stations?
                              It should, but it varies by zip code and what one considers a local channel. You can go to the link in the post - https://www.hulu.com/live-tv - and about 1/2 way down the screen is a link to click on where you can enter your zip code and see all the channels offered for that zip code. I entered a Wichita zip code and it listed KAKE, KSN, KWCH, and Fox Kansas as included. I think of the 5 major ones I've tried over the years (AT&T, Fubo, Hulu, Sling, and YouTube), Sling was the only one that didn't have local channels and you had to switch over to antennae tv to watch those channels.

There are other things to consider too, such as how many devices can be connected at one time, so you'll want to check out all that information first before committing to any streaming service. CNET does a good job of comparing the top 5 and keeping the article updated - https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...-cord-cutters/
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

It should, but it varies by zip code and what one considers a local channel. You can go to the link in the post - https://www.hulu.com/live-tv - and about 1/2 way down the screen is a link to click on where you can enter your zip code and see all the channels offered for that zip code. I entered a Wichita zip code and it listed KAKE, KSN, KWCH, and Fox Kansas as included. I think of the 5 major ones I've tried over the years (AT&T, Fubo, Hulu, Sling, and YouTube), Sling was the only one that didn't have local channels and you had to switch over to antennae tv to watch those channels.

There are other things to consider too, such as how many devices can be connected at one time, so you'll want to check out all that information first before committing to any streaming service. CNET does a good job of comparing the top 5 and keeping the article updated - https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-a...-cord-cutters/
                                I am very interested in this. A couple of questions? 1) Can you record shows for later viewing or is there an on demand function. 2) How many Tvs will it support? We have 4 and at times up to 3 maybe being used.

I already have HULU+Disney+ESPN+. Not sure what I lose cutting Comcast.

Comment

Working...
                                X