2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

LOL My dad used to tell his teams first day of practice, "Winning isn't everything and we are here to have fun ....but we will have a hell of a lot more fun if we are winning"
    That's exactly what I said to every player I coached. Practice is a ***** but tough practice makes winners and winning is the fun part.
    Show me someone who doesn't mind losing and I'll show you a total loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I know you’re a UT fan, but I have little confidence in their success. They struggle to find consistent success in a meh Big12, so Good Luck in the SEC. They may become our next irrelevant Nebraska (although they have many more recruiting possibilities in Texas). But that often hasn’t helped them in the past.
      That's what I thought would happen to A&M when they went to the SEC. But then they started winning the recruiting battles with UT and wahlah, success.
      Look whose winning those battles now that UT is a year or 2 out of the SEC.

Comment

• Not really schedule related, but in case anyone hasn't made it over to the recruiting thread, the Shox picked up their first 2023 basketball commit in Makhi Myles.

Comment

• I’ve lost track…any updates to the schedule? Are we complete with the non-con schedule? I assume the dates for the conf schedule hasn’t been set yet even though we know who we play.

Comment

• I believe the non-con is complete and we're just waiting on conference dates to be finalized, which I believe is suppose to happen in a couple of weeks.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Absolutely fantastic news. To borrow a term from John McKay, we got a game time when no one could watch, but we made up for it by having a game time when no one could attend.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Absolutely fantastic news. To borrow a term from John McKay, we got a game time when no one could watch, but we made up for it by having a game time when no one could attend.
                Uh is this a joke?

Why are they playing games on a Monday morning and Tuesday morning? Is this MTE going to **** or is it the field that is just ****?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Uh is this a joke?

Why are they playing games on a Monday morning and Tuesday morning? Is this MTE going to **** or is it the field that is just ****?
                  Man, I don’t know. Either way, it couldn’t be worse. I’m off work that week and I live up here, so I’m fortunate but man, what a buzzkill.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Uh is this a joke?

Seeing as it is during Tournament Week and on the same days as World Cup matches, it’s probably the only way to get those games on one of the better ESPN channels.

WSU’s first game (2pm CST) will literally be taking place during USA‘s first World Cup match versus Wales (1pm CST on FOX).
                    78-65

Comment

• That's some big-time "reach" social marketing from the Hall of Fame Classic!!! Lol. That's okay though...whatever...I'll be tuning in!!!

Die hard gonna die hard. Lol

Go SHOCKS!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Seeing as it is during Tournament Week and on the same days as World Cup matches, it’s probably the only way to get those games on one of the better ESPN channels.

WSU’s first game (2pm CST) will literally be taking place during USA‘s first World Cup match versus Wales (1pm CST on FOX).
                        That’s actually a good point. As someone who will be watching the World Cup frequently, it’s an important distinction.

Comment

• It really sucks that I won't be able to watch either game. We knew this was a **** tournament just based on the field, but I didn't expect it to get treated like a **** tournament.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• How the mighty have fallen.

Hope the powers that be are happy with their decisions.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Interesting.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X