Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT THE HELL IS BOATRIGHT AND BROWN DOING RIGHT NOW? Crickets

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      WHAT THE HELL IS BOATRIGHT AND BROWN DOING RIGHT NOW? Crickets
      I imagine IB is working like hell to get these guys to stay, but ultimately he's hamstrung.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• The amount the university subsidizes for the other sports, especially golf and tennis, who don't pull in any revenue, is sad.

Comment

• Nm
          Last edited by shockerfan; April 22, 2022, 11:31 PM.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Jesus ****ing Christ. We'll be lucky to find 10 wins next year.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Soccer is the only thing I got going for me right now. My team, Liverpool, is killing it! Just sad WSU is in the crapper.
              Holy crap is that the worst silver lining I've ever heard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Jesus ****ing Christ. We'll be lucky to find 10 PLAYERS next year.
                FTFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I imagine IB is working like hell to get these guys to stay, but ultimately he's hamstrung.
                  Too little too late. Unless one of the BIG donors steps up, unlikely to have enough money in this "maybe being created" collective to sway an opinions this year.

Comment

• wouldn't bringing mens and womens soccer in not require any other sports added? Since there are 8 women's teams and 7 mens currently (volleyball being +1)

Comment

• Looks like WSU is going to have to cut their travel budget and bus to places like Emporia, Topeka, Hays, Pittsburg. No need to worry about the exit fees from the AAC. They would probably gladly waive them to get the Shox out of their league. We could probably compete with the likes of Emporia State for NIL deals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                        Jesus ****ing Christ. We'll be lucky to find 10 wins next year.
                        This was already the case. We may be approaching even lower territory.

I would argue that the program itself is in jeopardy. If we spend like a national competitor and completely lose fan support, the athletics program will go even deeper in the red. Without a light at the end of tunnel, it is completely possible that in future years the administration that dropping basketball will be a legitimate topic of discussion with the debt piling up, if it is not already. How many coaches will the fanbase give a new athletics director before they take their money and go home?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          wouldn't bringing mens and womens soccer in not require any other sports added? Since there are 8 women's teams and 7 mens currently (volleyball being +1)
                          Yes, but to make a business case, you would still have to dump some that make zero money but eat expenses so you could offset the cost of a startup program.

Comment

• I would be more inclined to go support ten local walkon turned scholarship athletes from the local area than the trash system in place now, even if we won five games in a season.

Comment

• I dunno who will survive this. WSU basketball will not survive.

Comment

• Up to this point...........I haven't cared a lick about getting any great new recruits because all I wanted was Boatright fired. Anything less wasn't going to make any difference, until that happened. But today feels like the Football plane crash..........a program altering event possibly forever. Maybe Boatright will finally be fired. His lazy incompetence knows no bounds it seems. But as many have said..........it may be too late now. We just hit that mountain in the Rockies yet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X