Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

But......... It's soccer.

​​
    Nothing wrong with the worlds most popular sport. Besides in America that is.
    Shocker Alumni
    Shocker Club Soccer alumni
    Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• USFL is better than soccer
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is baseball this bad? I might have to start paying attention to that.
        Yes
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Soccer is the only thing I got going for me right now. My team, Liverpool, is killing it! Just sad WSU is in the crapper.
          Man United might me more embarrassing than WSU right now. So I don’t have that going for me! Haha

I am hopeful for Ten Hag and that Rangnick can can help to restructure the once proud club.

Also, I respect Liverpool and everything Klopp has done there. You have a fun team to watch and Anfield is awesome.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            We will become Transfer U. Players will come here to bet on themselves and transfer the next year.
            Lol "will become"?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yes
              WSU desperately needs beach volleyball. However, the way things are going, I’m not sure they could do that right.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• We're going through players like Elizabeth Taylor went through husbands.

We're going through players like Wilt Chamberlain did women with a pulse.

We're going through players like Shaq goes through gimmicky endorsement deals.

It's more fun when you realize that we can compare our team to two hall-of-famers, in a roundabout way.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Man United might me more embarrassing than WSU right now. So I don’t have that going for me! Haha

I am hopeful for Ten Hag and that Rangnick can can help to restructure the once proud club.

Also, I respect Liverpool and everything Klopp has done there. You have a fun team to watch and Anfield is awesome.
                  I wasn’t so happy with the last 3 coaches. I’m praying The Reds can keep Klopp for as long as we can. I wonder if the rebuild will happen under the Glazers.

Shocker Alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Did the players enjoy watching the After Shocks last summer? Maybe thinking ahead to when they'll play on the team? Well, after this whole ****ing fiasco, I don't ****ing want to see a single one of these guys ever ****ing wear black and gold again. They ****ing got the coach they wanted and then they ****ing proceeded to ****ing torpedo the program by ****ing quitting. Good ****ing riddance.

I think I should give myself a ban from SN for the weekend.
                    Clark Griswold would be proud of your rant...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The NCAA needs to implement new transfer rules. Bring back one year sit out transfer rule. Allow NIL deals to require players to attend specific amount of years at said school unless they go pro. NBA could also allow 18 year olds again and pay more for the G/D league (whatever they call it) to help out with this issue. If nothing happens college basketball will be essentially a NBA farm system.
                      Shocker Alumni

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

I wasn’t so happy with the last 3 coaches. I’m praying The Reds can keep Klopp for as long as we can. I wonder if the rebuild will happen under the Glazers.
                        I equate the Glazers to WSU administration. Incompetent, for the most part.

Seems like they might actually get it this time.

They just need to leave the football side to football people and the business side to business people.

It appears like that is starting to finally happen, but we’ll see.

My fandom might be in FA in a couple more years.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I equate the Glazers to WSU administration. Incompetent, for the most part.

Seems like they might actually get it this time.

They just need to leave the football side to football people and the business side to business people.

It appears like that is starting to finally happen, but we’ll see.

My fandom might be in FA in a couple more years.
                          I wish WSU had mens soccer instead of just the club team I played for. Wichita has enough talent that they could field a team and most likely would be able to recruit well in the midwest. With the way basketball is going if we had soccer I’d look forward to shocker athletics!

I mean just imagine this beautiful jersey being fielded as a D 1 mens sport!

5F2CBFE5-8EC4-4789-9195-5B04564FE5FA.jpeg
                          Shocker Alumni

Comment

• Probably won't even be able to field a team next year. Which at this point....is that a bad thing?
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• The beautiful thing about soccer is that we would own the state on the men's side and we would get good real fast on the women's side just because of the talent base.

It would be a gamble yes, but I say all in on a stadium campaign and an announcement adding the sport and cutting whatever we need to and still stay within guidance. Decent soccer schools actually produce revenue.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Exactly, where is the rest of the severance going? Or is it one lump sum for Marshall all rolled into one year's books?
                                I touched on this in the thread that Ted Lasso's Neighbor linked to.

Specifically, her are a few of my posts regarding these financials:

Admittedly, this is pretty dry reading. To specifically answer your question, yes the Marshall buy out was recorded in full in fiscal 2021. If you look at the balance sheet (Statement of Net Position) you will notice two line items in the Liabilities section. One under Current Liabilities of $1,250,000 representing the severance pay payable over the 12 months following the date of the report and one under Long-Term Liabilities in the amount fo $5,102,560 representing severance pay due beyond 12 months form the date of the financial statements. Discounted severence pay owed as of June 30, 2021 = $6,352,560.

The total amount severance pay owed is $6,778,846. Future payments have been discounted by 3% to net present value for the time value of money as described in the following footnote:

NOTE J - COMMITMENTS AND CONTINGENCIES

The contracts provide for the payment of various amounts of damages should the contracts be terminated without “good cause” prior to their expiration dates.

Salaries and benefits under such contracts are accrued and recorded to expense as services are provided. Following separation of service, future salaries and benefits payable under such contracts are accrued and expensed at the time no future services are required. Future payments are discounted at a rate of 3%.

The severance payable consists of the following at June 30, 2021:
                                Gross severance payable $6,778,846
                                Less discount for present value $(426,286)
                                Discounted Value of Future Payments $6,352,560

Future payments under the terms of the agreement are as follows:
                                Year ended June 30, 2022 $1,250,000
                                Year ended June 30, 2023 $1,250,000
                                Year ended June 30, 2024 $1,250,000
                                Year ended June 30, 2025 $1,250,000
                                Year ended June 30, 2026 $1,250,000
                                Thereafter $528,846
                                Total Future Payments $6,778,846

Comment

Working...
                                X