Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
    At this point, I guess this thread is just tracking Pohto. I think all of the other players from last years team have entered the portal with the exception of the 2 redshirts. Based upon Mo's quote of Porter being the last domino it sounds like it was kinda planned this way. I'm thinking there was something way wrong behind the scenes last year that hasn't come out yet.
    Come on *******.

Where’s your piece caring about the children?
    The Assman

Comment

• [QUOTE=Shock Top;n1348816]

Come on *******.

Where’s your piece caring about the children?[/QUOTE

If Marshall was still here this would be talked about everywhere. I'm guessing that IB doesn't fit their villain profile so mumbles is silent.
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

If Marshall was still here this would be talked about everywhere. I'm guessing that IB doesn't fit their villain profile so mumbles is silent.
        Exactly my point.

******* didn’t GAF about the student athletes. He just had a grudge against Gregg and was going to find a way to take him down.
        The Assman

Comment

At this point, I guess this thread is just tracking Pohto. I think all of the other players from last years team have entered the portal with the exception of the 2 redshirts. Based upon Mo's quote of Porter being the last domino it sounds like it was kinda planned this way. I'm thinking there was something way wrong behind the scenes last year that hasn't come out yet.
          certainly possible

Comment

Porter was also the last player who was recruited by Gregg Marshall.
            Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; April 23, 2022, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Exactly my point.

******* didn’t GAF about the student athletes. He just had a grudge against Gregg and was going to find a way to take him down.
              Perfect summation.

As proof he went out of his way several times to try to cancel other media who ignored his article.

Comment

• Say it ain’t so, Joe… money talks and BS walks.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• BYU figured out a way to pay for walkon scholarships legally that don’t classify as athletic aid.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    Say it ain’t so, Joe… money talks and BS walks.

lol. Probably going to transfer to St. Peter's for a year and then to whichever school "shocks" everyone in the tournament next :)
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• When 3G was the coach the Program promoted itself. Now it will have to be promoted and there is no one to promote it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        BYU figured out a way to pay for walkon scholarships legally that don’t classify as athletic aid.
                        Scholarships are optional at this point. With NIL they can easily pay for their "education" and still be sitting pretty.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Scholarships are optional at this point. With NIL they can easily pay for their "education" and still be sitting pretty.
                          And given the same money (NIL), they'll go to who is also giving the scholarship, even if it doesn't have anything to do with getting an education. After all, as we have seen at UNC, classes do not necessarily equal a worthwhile education, so why should the student athlete pay for it.

Comment

• I just put back in the mail “Return To Sender” my SASO propaganda from Shocker athletics. Inside in BIG red letters on all pages I spelled out CANCEL. Along with it I added a 2-page letter outlining my reason for canceling any financial contributions to the university until leadership on all peeling levels on the onion are corrected. This was difficult for ole SHOXAAC to do. These tickets have been in my family since 1965. I will continue to root for any and all that participate in Shocker athletics (with a few spirited constructive criticisms along the way). It is a sad era of not only Shocker athletics, but college athletics in general. GO SHOX!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                              Interesting. Morris Udeze shared Craig porters note about entering the transfer portal etc with the caption. “The last domino.” Not sure what significance that actually means/has?
                              I think people are reading into this too much. “The last domino” was Taylor’s headline for the CP article.

Comment

I'm thinking there was something way wrong behind the scenes last year that hasn't come out yet.
                                I suppose that's possible, although I am thinking the search for NIL deals is probably the biggest factor. For some perhaps the hope of catching on with a team that will make it to the NCAA Tournament is a motivator.

If their was some discord behind the scenes last year, my guess would be the kid glove, preferential treatment given to Tyson Etienne although this day an age you just never know. However, I also think all the guys departing probably knew that Tyson wasn't coming back by the time they decided to move out.

While I suspect all the guys who are departing probably liked Coach Brown, I do question whether are not most of them respected him and held him in high regard as a head basketball coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X