Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If true, why did we continue to run the same pass, dribble, pass, dribble, pass dribble, throw up a contested 3 pointer all year? Or the famous end of half plays - give it to Tyson to sit on the ball near half court until the clock winds down to 4 seconds then have him make the off balance, twisting , contested shot ?

He may know how to analyze an opponents game but I'm not convinced he knows how to counter it.
    Believe it or not, players give up on the play too early because they know there would be few repercussions or they didn’t understand it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
      If true, why did we continue to run the same pass, dribble, pass, dribble, pass dribble, throw up a contested 3 pointer all year?
      I call it the Daffy Duck offense. Daffy even has the clang of the rim at the end!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

BTW, Porky Pig is Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Believe it or not, players give up on the play too early because they know there would be few repercussions or they didn’t understand it in the first place.
          Except for the fact that they ran the shot clock down under 8 seconds frequently, never breaking from it.

The first thing each player did when they received a pass was to dribble to a wing or to the top using a screen from a big. It almost looked like a weave drill.
          Nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            Ummm…zero buyout wasn’t an option because that gives exactly ZERO security. I’m far from happy with how things are going and didn’t want IB named as permanent HC, but you all want things that weren’t realistic. A smaller buyout would have protected WSU better, sure, and I’ll wholeheartedly agree. But stop with the zero buyout nonsense.
            Did IB read the contract or just look at the term and compensation and sign it?
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

IB knows Xs and Os. I have been around the program enough to know that. Ask Jans, Forbes, Heier, and Marshall. They will tell you the same thing.

That is not and will never be the issue. It is translating that knowledge to players so they grasp it, by whatever means work. It is also successfully recruiting talent to compete with the rest of the league and nation.

Those two items are where my concerns are and have been from the start.
              I agree with this 100%.

One of the games I travelled to, Isaac Brown had the scout. Based on my (admittedly limited) basketball knowledge, it seemed pretty spot on when gametime came around. Player X always goes right; Player Y always spins left; etc.

Problem is the players didn't get it and the team got its ass handed to it. I could be reading into things, but on the plane ride back IB seemed content knowing he got the scout right and felt like he did his job. But as GI Joe always told me, knowing is only half the battle. Conveying is the other half.

Of course, he could have just been recovering from the absolute ass chewing Marshall presumably just gave the team before they got on the plane.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I would compare Monzy to Ramone Clemente, who Marshall corralled into being a pretty good player.
                Poor man's Rashard Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I wasn't comparing their game. I am definitely comparing their hops and energy.
                  A motor isn't a trump card. 1) He had a difficult time harnessing it and 2) I'd argue his skillset is subpar for upper level AAC.

Too many are enamored with the motor. Sure it's a nice to have but in this case didn't overcome the weaknesses.

Comment

I admit I have not spoken to former coaches about IB's expertise re X/O's.
                    I don't have to. I know what I have seen with my own eyes. "Brandon" can
                    site 17 nobel economists who support his policies but I can actually see the
                    results. I have witnessed to many specific examples of head scratching
                    decisions to make me believe IB has a good handle on things during games.
                    I also doubt very much a former coach would belittle a sitting coach in any
                    form. BTW, are my sentences still breaking up?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      Yes
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You shouldnt be hitting the enter key ever, except when you want a new paragraph. The sentences will adjust based on the user's screen by themselves. If you hit enter based on your own screen, you screw up the automatic adjustment for other people's screens.

Try it ... type a long sentence without ever hitting enter. And then post it.

Comment

Are you using a typewriter?

Comment

Computer keyboard. Okay here goes a long sentence with without ever hitting enter so give me some feedback on how it worked, okay?

Comment

Computer keyboard. Okay here goes a long sentence with without ever hitting enter so give me some feedback on how it worked, okay?
                              you're fine

Comment

Perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X