Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High floor with low ceiling. Poor man's Rashard Kelly. Unfortunately the latter was much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      High floor with low ceiling. Poor man's Rashard Kelly. Unfortunately the latter was much better.
      Both energy players, but Personally I liked Rashard a lot better. He knew he had limitations, and was totally a team player. Monzy got selfish sometimes.

Comment

Comment

so far, neither has been a surprise. I just can't see Joe or Qua leaving considering they would be out of eligibility. The next most obvious would be Chapman if he is looking for a scholarship at a low level school.

Comment

Monzy. GREAT motor; low BBIQ.

Could have been a fan favorite; easily.

I felt he got in his own way more often that not, although coaching didn't do him much help to get the most out of his abilities.

Good luck at your next landing spot. Hope you make it to the tourney again.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              so far, neither has been a surprise. I just can't see Joe or Qua leaving considering they would be out of eligibility. The next most obvious would be Chapman if he is looking for a scholarship at a low level school.
              If scholarships and players commitments are a year-to-year thing now, then schools should also be able to tell players their scholarships are being utilized elsewhere next season.

If that's they way to works with the rules written they way they currently are, than you've got to exploit them for your benefit as a school like the players are for themselves.
              The Assman

Comment

they would?

Comment

Why would Pleasant leave? He gets to start and it doesn't matter how he performs IB just overlooks it.

Comment

Sigh. He was my favorite player. Wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Why would Pleasant leave? He gets to start and it doesn't matter how he performs IB just overlooks it.
                      He was only playing 10-15 minutes by the end of the year to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

He was only playing 10-15 minutes by the end of the year to be fair.
                        To be fair that was at least 10 too much.

Comment

I totally disagree with the slams on Monzy. He didn’t turn the ball over to the other team near as much as Ricky, Mo, Qua etc. He played all manner of angry and shot the ball well at times. Got discouraged about mid season when he would be taken out indiscriminately while others with worse play got passes. Coach didn’t like him, that’s it but unfortunately that’s not and indicator of his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

To be fair that was at least 10 too much.
                            I agree. I just find it odd that people get worked up about Ricky not starting when Ricky was playing 30 minutes and Joe only 10.

Comment

Show me a player with crazy Jamar Howard energy, hops and attitude, and I'll show you a player that can be COACHED into something special.

I feel like Monzy did not get the discipline he needed to excel at the D1 level. Simply not playing a kid with that energy is not discipline -- that's just demotivation. IMHO, he needed a love-asschew-showme sandwich.

"I LOVE your energy and effort!"
                              "But you have to be smart with it or you will sit your ass instead of continuing to turn the f***ing ball over because you aren't using your head."
                              3 minutes later ... "now check in and show me you can bring that fierce energy when [rebounding/pressing/wherever the coach likes his speed and hops], and ALSO show me you can slow down and run our system properly [on offense/in transition/against the press/whatever situation he screwed up]."

And he needs lots of playing time to eat a lot of those sandwiches until he consistently demonstrates what's expected of him.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Show me a player with crazy Jamar Howard energy, hops and attitude, and I'll show you a player that can be COACHED into something special.

I feel like Monzy did not get the discipline he needed to excel at the D1 level. Simply not playing a kid with that energy is not discipline -- that's just demotivation. IMHO, he needed a love-asschew-showme sandwich.

"I LOVE your energy and effort!"
                                "But you have to be smart with it or you will sit your ass instead of continuing to turn the f***ing ball over because you aren't using your head."
                                3 minutes later ... "now check in and show me you can bring that fierce energy when [rebounding/pressing/wherever the coach likes his speed and hops], and ALSO show me you can slow down and run our system properly [on offense/in transition/against the press/whatever situation he screwed up]."

And he needs lots of playing time to eat a lot of those sandwiches until he consistently demonstrates what's expected of him.
                                Jamar and Monzy not the same game. Jamar much more perimeter oriented and could dribble. Jamar was closer in style to Teddy Buckets than Monzy.

Comment

Working...
                                X