Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
    I would loved monzy under Marshall.
    We had a number of live-body / “bull in a China shop” guys that never made an impact at WSU. They ended up at jucos or schools like ETSU, because they received less playing time under FHCGM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I HELPED YOUR GRANDMA LAST NIGHT TREBEK !
      I absolutely hate that I laughed at that.....

Comment

• Pleasant just hit the portal according to Verbal Commits.

Comment

• and it's Joe Pleasant

Which one of you had Joe being the third one to announce?
          Last edited by pinstripers; March 23, 2022, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Pleasant seems like a great kid, but he couldn't play at this level. Wish him the best moving forward!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              and it's Joe Pleasant

Which one of you had Joe being the third one to announce?
              This one seems surprising .. maybe the exit conversation with IB went way different than we all expected. Either way .. i'm ok with it BUT we now have a gaping hole at the 4 with both Joe and Monzy leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                Pleasant just hit the portal according to Verbal Commits.
                Yes sweet baby Jesus!

Comment

• Thanks Joe!
                  Last edited by WstateU; March 23, 2022, 09:15 AM.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Well. This is encouraging. I hope Joe finds a great landing spot. Seems like a good dude. A really good dude. But we have to have guys on the floor who can make a difference. He's always seemed like a player who would be very valuable on a team that was loaded with talent. But I'm encouraged because I think this means the conversations were honest. This isn't the time to be nice.

Comment

• Joe's going to end up a better place than most people think.

Thanks for busting your tail here Joe. Once a Shocker always a Shocker.

Comment

• I wouldn’t have minded keeping Joe in a role as a spot player. He is a great kid, wonderful student, and a role model for the student athlete. What’s the harm of him filling a 12th or 13th scholarship for a year with all of those positives?

I really wouldn’t be surprised if he gave up D-1 basketball. He will be successful in life while half of the players he plays against will be lost after basketball.

Comment

• On a separate sub topic, why wouldn’t he have to sit out for a year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This one seems surprising .. maybe the exit conversation with IB went way different than we all expected. Either way .. i'm ok with it BUT we now have a gaping hole at the 4 with both Joe and Monzy leaving.
                            We needed major upgrades at both 4 and 5 positions either way. The only question is can we get them. We need more size and athleticism at both. If Abbide can play he offers that at the 4, but we still need more.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              On a separate sub topic, why wouldn’t he have to sit out for a year?
                              Pretty sure Joe would be a grad transfer and they haven't had to sit out in a long time, if ever.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Joe's going to end up a better place than most people think.

Thanks for busting your tail here Joe. Once a Shocker always a Shocker.
                                I agree. He can be valuable on a really good team. Just didn't fit here.

Comment

Working...
                                X