Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Creating a dedicated thread

Last Years Roster
    Player Status Destination
    Dexter Dennis Portal
    Tyson Etienne Left NBA Draft
    Chaunce Jenkins Transferred Old Dominion
    Craig Porter $$$$$$$$
    Ricky Council Transferred Arkansas
    Monzy Jackson Transferred Jacksonville State
    Jalen Ricks
    Kenny Pohto
    Isaac Abidde
    Qua Grant Transferred Sam Houston State
    Morris Udeze Transferred New Mexico
    Joe Pleasant Transferred Abilene Christian
    Steele Gaston-Chapman (Walk-On) Transferred Hutch CC
    Incoming Players
    Player Old School
    Xavier Bell Drexel
    James Rojas Alabama
    Gus Okafor SE Louisiana
    Quincy Ballard Florida State
    Colby Rogers Siena
    Jaron Pierre Southern Miss
    Jaykwon Walton Shelton State CC
    Henry Thengvall (Walk On) Kaupaun HS
    Trevor McBride (Walk On) Basehor-Linwood HS

Last edited by Stickboy46; May 13, 2022, 01:05 PM.

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Creating a dedicated thread .. I'm guessing it will get busy today.

Well we knew Chaunce. The next is in.

Obviously expected, but sad. I liked him and his motor. I started to see some of the worts that IB obviously also saw throughout the year. But he was also a 1000 X better scoring option than JP on a team that desperately needed some passion and scoring.

IB's inability to coach him into something is concerning. I expected him to take a big step forward after last year.

Now he is gone.

Comment

Best of luck to Monzy. Always loved his personality and his high motor. I think HCGM could have molded him and channeled that energy but alas it was not to be. Hope he goes on to do great things.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Obviously expected, but sad. I liked him and his motor. I started to see some of the worts that IB obviously also saw throughout the year. But he was also a 1000 X better scoring option than JP on a team that desperately needed some passion and scoring.

IB's inability to coach him into something is concerning. I expected him to take a big step forward after last year.

Now he is gone.
        He's one of those players that his motor is a blessing and a curse. He never could get the game to slow down for him and was always quick to make a good play followed by a bonehead play or foul.

Comment

I would loved monzy under Marshall.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Too bad. He was a dawg.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
              I would loved monzy under Marshall.
              Marshall recruited him probably thinking the same thing. Harnessing raw talent.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Marshall recruited him probably thinking the same thing. Harnessing raw talent.
                Maybe Marshall could have taught him how to box out. Would have been funny to see his sideline reactions to the Monzy experience anyway.

Comment

No surprise. Some of us called this one in December. The body language told the story. Hate to see him go and don’t feel he ever got to show what he could do in a longer stretch of the game. He made a difference when on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Maybe Marshall could have taught him how to box out. Would have been funny to see his sideline reactions to the Monzy experience anyway.
                    Yea .. there would have been some blow ups with the number of boneheaded plays Monzy made.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                      No surprise. Some of us called this one in December. The body language told the story. Hate to see him go and don’t feel he ever got to show what he could do in a longer stretch of the game. He made a difference when on the floor.
                      Unfortunately he made a difference both ways when playing

Comment

3G ran a disciplined offense. Monzy needed that. The Dawg plan only exaggerated his weaknesses.

Comment

Opens up another opportunity to recruit some D2 talent

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Unfortunately he made a difference both ways when playing
                            With the lack of fire that this team had, I'll take his mistakes and passion over lethargy...any day.

Comment

Not surprised. He brought the energy, which I loved. The problem was he found himself out of control way too often.

Comment

Working...
                              X