Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough of the KU talk. Yuck!! Makes me want to vomit. Go to Phog for that.

Comment

• If you're looking for squawk validation that our players are good enough to play for them then DD may not be the best candidate. He's flawed. I could see the drake transfer treatment for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
        Wichita State expected to add Alabama transfer center James Rojas, source told @Stadium.

Rojas gives the Shockers a veteran big man. Averaged 5.4 points and 2.5 boards last season for the Tide.
        He is only 6'8" - so I don't think he is a center.

So we sign a guy who is 2-star, role player who has blown out both ACL.

That noise you hear is the sonic wind going by as WSU dives into the abyss.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Keep seeing comments and posts like this. I don't quite understand it. We've never been a destination for high four star, five star, high-major transfers. This isn't anything new. Maybe he was a 2* guy, but he played in a league much better than ours, and was seemingly an important piece for a team that was much better than ours. Everything I've read about this guy, he has had high praise from his coaches, teammates, and media.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Keep seeing comments and posts like this. I don't quite understand it. We've never been a destination for high four star, five star, high-major transfers. This isn't anything new. Maybe he was a 2* guy, but he played in a league much better than ours, and was seemingly an important piece for a team that was much better than ours. Everything I've read about this guy, he has had high praise from his coaches, teammates, and media.
            Doomers gonna gloom

Comment

• Wes Unseld was only 6'8. We had a guy years ago named Neal Strom who was 6'7 and one heck of a great post up guy. I'll withhold judgement until I see him play this fall. Right now I am cautiously optimistic this guy will help us and worth the gamble. Hoping he can play a little four and five.

Comment

Huge upgrade to Joe P.

Comment

• He was JUCO all American. Those types have a pretty good track record at WSU. Don’t get hung up on what he did at Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I felt disappointed until I saw some of his numbers at JUCO before tearing his ACL and seeing he didn't play in a game until Jan 15 last year due to rehab. Definitely has a chance to be much better for us at the 4 than what we had.

Comment

WSU has had a roster full of 3 star guys, even in the MVC with an occasional 4 star. That is why WSU dominated the MVC - wsu recruited 3 star talent mostly, while the MVC was 2 star. U are not going to compete in the AAC with 2 star recruits - except when Houston and Company leaves and the AAC becomes a mid-major.

He was not important piece to the team, he was a role player, who was called upon when the other guys got in fouls trouble. In the NCAA tournament he played 9 minutes in a loss. Most important game and 9 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I felt disappointed until I saw some of his numbers at JUCO before tearing his ACL and seeing he didn't play in a game until Jan 15 last year due to rehab. Definitely has a chance to be much better for us at the 4 than what we had.
                        He very well might be worth the risk taking, depending on how the rest of the roster is filled out. But at this point the players that have been signed are very just underwhelming..

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Enough of the KU talk. Yuck!! Makes me want to vomit. Go to Phog for that.
                          "Well, Tanks for nuttin'!!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I won't kill you, but you can 'tar and feather' me for the following comments:

I'd love to see Dex at KU. I've spent most of my life around the fluckers (several close family members and a few good friends); they're actually good people, but can't help themselves. I get it, they're blue bloods and arrogance is a birthright. I've listened to backhanded comments about our players over the years... from X-Man to Fred. "He's very good player, but he's not good enough to play for us" or "Fred VanVleet would never start at KU over Graham and Mason and will NEVER play in the NBA." Probably the reason I loved the March 22, 2005 results and Fred's all-time great quote...
                            It does seem a long, long time ago but not quite 2005 long ago, LOL

Comment

• Right now, we could sign Hakeem and people would *****.

Last year was awful. Until we win, expect everyone to *****.

I get it. I don’t agree with it, but I get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                                Right now, we could sign Hakeem and people would *****.

Last year was awful. Until we win, expect everyone to *****.

I get it. I don’t agree with it, but I get it.
                                Why don’t you agree with it?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X