Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

There's a team NE of us working on NIL deals for the entire team. The head coach personally called over 100 donors and asked for $15K each. He said it's the only way they'll be able to complete with Kentucky and the other Blue Bloods.

NIL ****ing sucks!

"Katy bar the door!"
    Does WSU do something similar?
    If not, they should.

Correction: just pulled this from the OSU website. Looks like what KU is doing could be interpreted as violating the spirit of NIL ( shouldn’t be a surprise)

Last edited by Veritas; March 23, 2022, 12:05 PM. Reason: Added NIL info

Comment

• Good for Pleasant. He seems like a really likeable and nice kid. I wish him nothing but the best wherever he ends up basketball or no basketball. He played hard but just wasn't a fit.

As for RCIV, he would be dumb to not at least workout for a few teams and talk to some NBA scouts. Totally different situation than TE. He plays a completely different position and style than TE. Everyone was trying to make TE in to a PG before he even sniffed the NBA tryouts. Nobody will be trying to do that with RCIV. He has good size and a motor already. TE was at a disadvantage size wise so his only shot was to prove he could be a PG. I actually think that process could give RCIV more confidence and swagger. Having said that, Taylor's tweet doesn't exactly instill confidence that he will be back at WSU regardless. As of now, I would be planning as if he won't be back.

Comment

• I can tell RCIV what to improve on:

- Getting into a defense stance
        - Being more in control while dribbling
        - Shooting form

I think he has a chance to make an NBA roster, but he defiantly has some rough edges that need sanded down.
        Last edited by Shock Top; March 23, 2022, 12:37 PM.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
          Pleasant just hit the portal according to Verbal Commits.
          IB still plans on putting him in the starting lineup.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            I can tell RCIV what to improve on:

Shooting form

I think he has a chance to make an NBA roster, but he defiantly has some rough edges that need sanded down.
            And lose the one-handed s h i t!!!

Comment

• Just today so far, 40 players have entered the portal. It's a new day and a new way of doing things Shocker fans!

Comment

• Maybe Qua?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Maybe Qua?
                  I would actually like to see Qua stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    I can tell RCIV what to improve on:

- Shooting form

If he was less defiant and let a coach sand those rough edges he is a star.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I would actually like to see Qua stay.
                      Why? The only time he showed any ability to do anything positive were against the absolute worst teams on our schedule.

Maybe he has more to offer, maybe he doesn't. All I see at this point is a spot up shooter from the corner, which can have some value. Beyond that, I've seen little against good competition.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

There's a team NE of us working on NIL deals for the entire team. The head coach personally called over 100 donors and asked for $15K each. He said it's the only way they'll be able to complete with Kentucky and the other Blue Bloods.

NIL ****ing sucks!

"Katy bar the door!"
                        Appears Katy kicked in the door…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Why? The only time he showed any ability to do anything positive were against the absolute worst teams on our schedule.

Maybe he has more to offer, maybe he doesn't. All I see at this point is a spot up shooter from the corner, which can have some value. Beyond that, I've seen little against good competition.
                          He at least has a mentality learning from his mistakes. The first half of the season he went into the forest only to find DI athletes vs. DII. He adjusted as the season wore on. I think he could be a nice role player at PG next year. I would like to see more confidence in his perimeter shooting. Hopefully not too much to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Good for Pleasant. He seems like a really likeable and nice kid. I wish him nothing but the best wherever he ends up basketball or no basketball. He played hard but just wasn't a fit.

As for RCIV, he would be dumb to not at least workout for a few teams and talk to some NBA scouts. Totally different situation than TE. He plays a completely different position and style than TE. Everyone was trying to make TE in to a PG before he even sniffed the NBA tryouts. Nobody will be trying to do that with RCIV. He has good size and a motor already. TE was at a disadvantage size wise so his only shot was to prove he could be a PG. I actually think that process could give RCIV more confidence and swagger. Having said that, Taylor's tweet doesn't exactly instill confidence that he will be back at WSU regardless. As of now, I would be planning as if he won't be back.
                            Joe does seem like a good guy and definitely not a team disruptor. If he does go back to ACU for his grad year, he proves you can go back home again.
                            However, what this staff saw in him and having the ability to play in the AAC is beyond any sensible decision.
                            Starting to think he was their only choice after swinging and missing on other targets.
                            I really hope his final year works out the best for him and team/school he chooses.

Jenkins leaving no surprise and all for the better for both sides.
                            Athletic?
                            Oh yea.
                            Ability to relay instruction from the staff to the floor?
                            Uh, nope. Not even close.
                            However, both sides in this deal were equally at fault and just one of those situations where he needs to transfer closer to home.

Monzy?
                            Needs to be in the right situation and coaching staff. Just another case of a poor fit with all involved. Hope it works out cause he does have talent.

That is all.
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This one seems surprising .. maybe the exit conversation with IB went way different than we all expected. Either way .. i'm ok with it BUT we now have a gaping hole at the 4 with both Joe and Monzy leaving.
                              Which is a good thing. We had a gaping hole there with them on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Showed improvement by the end of the season. Learned the stuff he got away with in D2 didn't work against D1 athletes. By the last 5 or so games, he was actually somewhat competent driving to the basket.

I'd never say he was a good player, but he was actually moving in the right direction (albeit slowly).

If he works on his shot and decision making, we could do a whole lot worse as a backup PG.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X