Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at RC's stats and they are NOT that impressive. 43% overall and 30% perimeter. 45 assists to 60 turnovers. Yes, he has tremendous potential but if he doesn't choose wisely he could still be a bench player somewhere playing for a coach with less patience than IB, we will see. Like that he can dribble drive and create his own shot but his perimeter shot is quite ugly, his defense suspect and his BBIQ average at best. He better find a home that needs a SF badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Looking at RC's stats and they are NOT that impressive. 43% overall and 30% perimeter. 45 assists to 60 turnovers. Yes, he has tremendous potential but if he doesn't choose wisely he could still be a bench player somewhere playing for a coach with less patience than IB, we will see. Like that he can dribble drive and create his own shot but his perimeter shot is quite ugly, his defense suspect and his BBIQ average at best. He better find a home that needs a SF badly.
      Or with a coach that can correct him. That's why I personally am happy he is leaving. I don't have faith that HCIB can do it. If he lands sonewhere and learns, he could do very well.

Comment

• nicely added

Comment

• Really enjoyed watching Ricky play, but his shooting form was 'Jim Furyk' ugly… something @SHOXACC can relate to.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Our best teams are always blue collar, work your ass off, play for each other type of teams. We have lacked that since coming into the AAC and trying to recruit higher level players. Guys that are used to being the MAN and want to be, even at the detriment of the team.

While I DONT want to go back to recruiting Valley type players in terms of skills. I do like that some of these players seem to be overlooked, chip on the shoulder, lets get to work types.

Time will tell if that translates. But perhaps that is more of a recipe we need to go back to.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT sold on IB. Quite the opposite. But as long as there is a Shocker team on the floor I am gonna hope that maybe something good will happen.
            Maybe, but our best teams also had NBA talent.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Looking at RC's stats and they are NOT that impressive. 43% overall and 30% perimeter. 45 assists to 60 turnovers. Yes, he has tremendous potential but if he doesn't choose wisely he could still be a bench player somewhere playing for a coach with less patience than IB, we will see. Like that he can dribble drive and create his own shot but his perimeter shot is quite ugly, his defense suspect and his BBIQ average at best. He better find a home that needs a SF badly.
              Are we bagging on the coaching, the players, or both? I don’t think there’s any question that RC was a starter for this team, has screaming potential IF utilized correctly. I place the blame of RC’s shortcomings on IB. IB’s offense consists of dribble, dribble, shoot. What’s RC supposed to do with that? Not to mention the mental toll he had to take playing behind Joe Pleasant most of the year.

Im not sure there’s a guy left on the roster minus Craig Porter (also a Marshall recruit). So be careful what you wish for…

I think under the right coach, RC could be a real player. He wouldn’t do well at KU but maybe at say a Mississippi State?
              Last edited by ShockerFever; May 3, 2022, 06:06 PM.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

NBA talent that were also blue collar, work your ass off, play for each other type players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Not to mention the mental toll he had to take playing behind Joe Pleasant most of the year.
                  Probably needed therapy to get over playing nearly 27 minutes a game and winning the AAC's 6th man of the year award.

All RCIV had to do to start was play better defense... IB repeated constantly that he liked the starting unit because of their defense (which was flawed thinking to be fair, because they couldn't score to save their lives).

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

NBA talent that were also blue collar, work your ass off, play for each other type players.
                    Bingo.

If Ricky wants to be the next Magic Johnson then it's up to him and no one else to work on dribbling skills while keeping his head up at the same time. Then practice on his right side, because I'm assuming he would have started with his left hand, since that is his weak hand. It's elementary really. He ain't close to NBA ready. Other than him who would think otherwise?

RCIV put up some flaky junk in the Roundhouse. Bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Really enjoyed watching Ricky play, but his shooting form was 'Jim Furyk' ugly… something @SHOXACC can relate to.

Hey, I resemble that back-handed compliment!

Comment

No they had talent that developed into NBA talent through a blue collar work ethic while maintaining a team first mentality
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Oh, oh, oh. And a HOF coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

No they had talent that developed into NBA talent through a blue collar work ethic while maintaining a team first mentality
                            Fred, Mo Evans, AC, X, Early, Landry were all going to be NBA players.

Ron and Touré, pending Echenique maybe apply.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Fred, Mo Evans, AC, X, Early, Landry were all going to be NBA players.

Ron and Touré, pending Echenique maybe apply.
                              All of them walked in the door ready for the NBA and didn't have the blue collar mentality? Didn't realize that.

Thank you for letting me know.

My only point is that WSU has been at its best with a chip on their shoulder and working their asses off. Something we have not seen in a while. These kids lately just come in expecting all the minutes and all the shots from day 1.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I;ve been sayin the same thing. There’s a reason he didn’t start. Dude could dribble it off his foot just as easy as he could make a posterizing fast break dunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X