Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Weird

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      . Weird
      Surely HCIB isn't ruthless enough to push a player out to make room for another, right?

My uneducated guess is that he didn't want to redshirt.

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that unless something changes recruiting freshmen (other than as walk-ons) is a waste of time and effort in the current environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          I'm beginning to think that unless something changes recruiting freshmen (other than as walk-ons) is a waste of time and effort in the current environment.
          No kid wants to be the 13th man on the roster anymore.

Comment

• My best guess, without any inside information, is that he understood he was not going to play much based on the other players in our pool. Totally fine, and it's probably best he made the decision sooner than later. Wish him the best of luck.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Every team will have a 13th player. Not sure why everyone thinks they’re starter material, especially freshmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Every team will have a 13th player. Not sure why everyone thinks they’re starter material, especially freshmen.
                They've likely had many people in their ears since about 11-12 telling them that they are NBA material and are going league.

He likely saw another guard added in Scott and didn't feel he would get much PT and didn't want to redshirt.
                Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; August 24, 2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...source=twitter

Interesting... Removed from the team due to violation of team rules. We also cannot use that scholarship

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...source=twitter

Interesting... Removed from the team due to violation of team rules. We also cannot use that scholarship
                    Lame. So the NCAA punishes a university by not allowing the university to replace a scholarship player because the player broke a rule and is released by the team??? Wth?

What would happen if 5 players had to be released for breaking a rule? How about 10 players? University wouldn't be able to field a team. So where's the motivation of a university lie? Bury the wrongdoing and look the other way to not have to release players???

They need to allow a replacement player(s) in these situations.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• If HCIB thought the offense warranted removing him from the team, I am 100% behind him. This is not the type of move that any coach would make lightly. I think it has been established that HCIB is a very nice person. He would not make this move without a firm reason.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Lame. So the NCAA punishes a university by not allowing the university to replace a scholarship player because the player broke a rule and is released by the team??? Wth?

What would happen if 5 players had to be released for breaking a rule? How about 10 players? University wouldn't be able to field a team. So where's the motivation of a university lie? Bury the wrongdoing and look the other way to not have to release players???

They need to allow a replacement player(s) in these situations.
                        I do believe they can request a waiver for it... But like with anything with the NCAA the process would likely take longer than the semester anyways

Comment

• Perhaps addition by subtraction. We can get buy perfectly well with 12 players, although do we know for sure yet what Colby Rogers' eligibility status is?

Comment

I do believe they can request a waiver for it... But like with anything with the NCAA the process would likely take longer than the semester anyways
                            Butch Pierre and Tyson Waterman have four months to find a stud. I wonder if there would be interest in Houston 6'10" PF/C Kiyron Powell, who just entered the transfer portal this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                              If HCIB thought the offense warranted removing him from the team, I am 100% behind him. This is not the type of move that any coach would make lightly. I think it has been established that HCIB is a very nice person. He would not make this move without a firm reason.
                              Totally Agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

What would happen if 5 players had to be released for breaking a rule? How about 10 players?
                                In that situation I believe it would be an indicator of poor recruiting values and procedures.

Comment

Working...
                                X