Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Ouch!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ouch!
      I don’t feel very sorry for the 46%… hopefully it’s a ‘wake-up call’ for the ‘11 out of 12’. Of course the upper crust gets the “1” and doesn’t care about the 11.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don’t feel very sorry for the 46%… hopefully it’s a ‘wake-up call’ for the ‘11 out of 12’. Of course the upper crust gets the “1” and doesn’t care about the 11.
        This is vaguely familiar. You are quoting the New, New Testament, book of Gregg, season 7, interview 2?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I guess we’re upper crust because many of our incoming guys transferred up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Did they though?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Did they though?
              I would say yes to all but Ballard (Fl St) and Rojas (Bama)

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Did they though?
                Well, that's the million-dollar question...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Well, that's the million-dollar question...

If you choose D, does that mean you get the $6M+?
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So if a player transfers from K-State to Gonzaga, is that a "step down" because they're going from the Big 12 to the WCC? Or is that a step up because K-State?
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

So if a player transfers from K-State to Gonzaga, is that a "step down" because they're going from the Big 12 to the WCC? Or is that a step up because K-State?
                      Great point, I'm sure the stats are pretty flawed unless someone put a lot of time into sorting step downs vs ups. And, let's be honest, only about 0.5% "journalists" these days would do that. The telling thing is that 46% don't play, I never would have guessed that. That is staggering. I'd be making a banner print out and hanging that above the locker room at this point lol.

Comment

• Some of the 46% “don’t play” crowd could be guys who go play
                        Juco with hopes of raising their stock to get back into D1 hoops. But yeah, grass isn’t always greener.
                        78-65

Comment

• A lot of the 46% are in fact, “mutual decisions” initiated by the coach (maybe because he has his eye on a better player in the portal). So tell me again, how this is good for the players?
                          Last edited by shoxlax; August 5, 2022, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                            Interesting conversation I had this week with a few coaches of xchools from several states.

The amount of transfers has increased greatly since the portal was started in 2018, and ballooned during COVID and with the slow elimination of the sit out rule.

The stories that were told are a cautionary tale addressing issues many (including the NCAA) didn’t consider:

There are many stories, but here are some examples:

1. Athlete left current program right away when accepted to the new school, and not being able to be eligible as he didn’t finish the courses he was enrolled in.

2. Athlete entered portal, and stopped participating in team events mid season, school pulled scholarship (which is within the rules). Athlete then did what he thought was an NIL deal, but was for a booster. Lost amateur status.

3. Athlete entered portal after proper conversations with current school admin and coaches. Did everything by the book. New school was understaffed in compliance office, needed documents were not completed costing athlete a year of eligibility. (Cleaving Hannah comes to mind although appeal was won in his case)

4. Athlete shows up at coaches house late one night upset because he was promised $100k in NIL deals per year, but hasn’t gotten any. Coach asks who told him that, because it certainly wasn’t the coach. Recommended he go back to person who committed to that. Athlete left school shortly after as it turns out he borrowed a bunch of money from a loan shark and wasn’t able to repay while in school.

The biggest common denominator was the large amount of stress put on the programs concerning status of students transferring in and students transferring out. Keeping track of scholarships, eligibility, etc. Trickle effects still coming to light.
                            Won’t be a popular opinion but they went to court and wanted paid, I don’t feel sorry for them. They better start using some of that NLL money for lawyers and compliance agents. The school should be responsible for the student athletes education.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

You very funny boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                A lot of the 46% are in fact, “mutual decisions” initiated by the coach (maybe because he has his eye on a better player in the portal). So tell me again, how this is good for the players?
                                Ct5x9WSUkAAEOPd.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X