Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
    Maybe the triple team was coming at him because “anybody not being triple-teamed” couldn’t make a shot and therefore their defender didn’t worry about leaving them alone.
    About as good of a take as your Tony Bennett one.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

You are right. Dex then? Pleasant? They were wide open and ready to go off for 20.
      Hey Mo, this is not the Lobo message board. Time to move on.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Qua Grant to Sam Houston State.
        Probably a good move for Qua. He gave it his best shot. Did not work out. I wish him well.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It was also coming because they knew Mo wasn't going to pass to an open player and they were more than likely going to force an easy turnover.
            Wow. As usual, sub shares his sound reasoning with us. Sub, you are always good for a hoot. Thank you.

Of course, it's not because Mo pretty much couldn't be guarded one-on-one, against most any team, or center, that he was triple teamed. Are you and shockerfever brothers?

What next, if only Mo would have played as hard, and as smart, as WSU's forwards and guards, WSU would have been so much better. Oh, wait...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Wow. As usual, sub shares his sound reasoning with us. Sub, you are always good for a hoot. Thank you.

Of course, it's not because he pretty much couldn't be guarded one-on-one, against most any team, or center, that he was triple teamed. Are you and shockerfever brothers?
              Yep, that's it. He was unstoppable one on one...LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep, that's it. He was unstoppable one on one...LOL!!!
                You wouldn't know, because as you stated he was tripled a lot more than he was D'd up with one guy. What do you think we've been discussing for the last 24 hours?

Am I going to have to have a conversation with your mom again?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  I was an IB supporter. That's changed with time. IB is boring. When he has a chance to say something to inspire fans and donors, he comes across with zero impact or emotion.

In addition to putting a winning team on the court he's got to excite the high level donors. I'm skeptical of his ability to do both. Here's hoping the new AD has some connections and some funds from the University to make something happen.

IB has a year or two to prove he can be the guy. 15-13 puts him in a hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You wouldn't know, because as you stated he was tripled a lot more than he was D'd up with one guy. What do you think we've been discussing for the last 24 hours?

Am I going to have to have a conversation with your mom again?
                    I knew that one would get ya…carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

IB is boring. When he has a chance to say something to inspire fans and donors, he comes across with zero impact or emotion.

In addition to putting a winning team on the court he's got to excite the high level donors. I'm skeptical of his ability to do both. Here's hoping the new AD has some connections and some funds from the University to make something happen.
                      This is a legitimate concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I was an IB supporter. That's changed with time. IB is boring. When he has a chance to say something to inspire fans and donors, he comes across with zero impact or emotion.

IB has a year or two to prove he can be the guy. 15-13 puts him in a hole.
                        This is why you bring in Barry Hinson to be the front guy. Just be the public face and do all the interviews. That's it. Easy job. Could probably do it from home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

This is why you bring in Barry Hinson to be the front guy. Just be the public face and do all the interviews. That's it. Easy job. Could probably do it from home.
                          Barry has the charisma we need. Need the energy and passion to be front and center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

5'4" wears out after a while, but I guess an enthusiastic small person can motivate people for a year or two (it feels a little too much like re-watching a recording of Gullivar's Travels). He did win a little at places he was at, but there's a reason, he never lasted very long.

But he is a "nice" guy too, and people like him, even after he wears out.

Go Barrah

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

5'4" wears out after a while, but I guess an enthusiastic small person can motivate people for a year or two (it feels a little too much like re-watching a recording of Gullivar's Travels). He did win a little at places he was at, but there's a reason, he never lasted very long.

But he is a "nice" guy too, and people like him, even after he wears out.

Go Barrah
                              While I'm not advocating for Barry to be the coach, he lacked a lot of resources at SWOMO and SIU was having financial issues when he was there. He was way underpaid for the success he was having under those circumstances.

Barry is a nice guy, but he also has passion and fire. Both things IB seems to lack, at least outwardly. He is the type of guy that can reach out to and relate to fans/donors and make you feel something for the program and willing to spend your money.

Barry would most likely be an upgrade to IB. We still need an upgrade from what Barry would be.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

While I'm not advocating for Barry to be the coach, he lacked a lot of resources at SWOMO and SIU was having financial issues when he was there. He was way underpaid for the success he was having under those circumstances.

Barry is a nice guy, but he also has passion and fire. Both things IB seems to lack, at least outwardly. He is the type of guy that can reach out to and relate to fans/donors and make you feel something for the program and willing to spend your money.

Barry would most likely be an upgrade to IB. We still need an upgrade from what Barry would be.
                                I liked Barry, and his commentary. But I liked him better from afar. Yes he had enthusiasm, and passion which would serve IB well, but he wouldn't win here (IB won't either imo). Barry no longer does anything for me except "wear" me out.

Randy had the Shocker pedigree, passion, energy, and enthusiasm, but he lacked the right kind of "swagger, style, necessary positivity, and leadership". He made some bad decisions as head coach, and wore out the fans, players, his bosses, and practically everybody. Nobody wanted to "follow" him. GM had all of those qualities for a long time, but in the end, while publicly saying the right things, and being a great spokesman for the university, privately, he was starting to "wear:" on people too. Randy had a drug problem. I doubt that GM had a drug problem, but he needed a "rest".

Comment

Working...
                                X