Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    RC IV taking an official visit to Arkansas

https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/...-from-council/
    Not sure if Arkansas is a place I'd want to go this coming year. They are absolutely loaded. If you are looking for playing time, it's probably not happening, so highlighting NBA skills won't happen, either. NIL money can be made anywhere, so if a player decides to transfer to Arkansas, they really are hoping for mop up minutes and a chance at a ring.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      Udeze to New Mexico
      That's a significant step down, even considering the year WSU had. I thought he'd find a better team than New Mexico.

Comment

• Didn't see this one coming.

Comment

That's a significant step down, even considering the year WSU had. I thought he'd find a better team than New Mexico.
          That conference fits his skill set better. He is an undersized 3 foot and in guy. He had good games against smaller front lines. Hope he has a good year over there.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Test...How do i post a new thread. promise im not a troll

Comment

agreed. He might get more playing time… but he will still be an overmatched athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Didn't see this one coming.

https://twitter.com/iamyoungty1/stat...RVaKJszfw&s=19
                It's been rumored for a bit. I think he wanted to go somewhere where he could be the focal point of the offense. With how much USF lost .. he will get that there.

Comment

Udeze to New Mexico
                  That’s the Pitts.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

agreed. He might get more playing time… but he will still be an overmatched athlete.
                    Yep. The top half of the MWC has some athletes and bigs. Without having a mid range or outside game he will struggle.

Comment

• In 2015, we had 3 Centers (Chadrack Lufile, Darius Carter, and Kadeem Coleby) on our #1 Seeded NCAA Tourney team who were all hefty (6'8 to 6'9), athletic (more athletic than Mo) long armed physical players. They each averaged around 13-18 minutes each per game, and together, they averaged 16 points and 12 rebounds. They were all physical players, good rebounders, good screeners, good inside defenders, and could all make other high quality Centers somewhat uncomfortable for short periods of time because they could each give 5 fouls. Against Kentucky, who had two NBA type of quality Centers (Randle and the big kid from Western Kansas) that year, they did just enough to keep us in the game against NBA guys.

Mo Udeze is a high quality back up Center in that mold, who can play a top notch role on the right team with other quality players around him to make it difficult on very good Centers. New Mexico is not a high level team, and Mo is an average (maybe just above average) player. He may average double digit points (although his rebounding will not be close to double digits) but he isn't a Top quality player by himself. He's a good player who needs help to be highly effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep. The top half of the MWC has some athletes and bigs. Without having a mid range or outside game he will struggle.
                        Not as much as AAC. He won't see the combo of size and athleticism in the MWC. There's nothing like Houston or Memphis.

Comment

• The Best of Luck to Mo. He gave his best and that is all we can ask of any Shocker. Wish him continued success in BB and throughout his life.

Comment

• He is better than most seem to think around here. Tough to be an undersized center when you are one of two offensive threats on the floor in the starting lineup. He still shot 50% in a down year and made his free throws, while being our best defense inside. And led the team in rebounds. Who did you want taking those shots who would have done better?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post
                              He is better than most seem to think around here. Tough to be an undersized center when you are one of two offensive threats on the floor in the starting lineup. He still shot 50% in a down year and made his free throws, while being our best defense inside. And led the team in rebounds. Who did you want taking those shots who would have done better?
                              I am not sure what games you watched this year, but he was a turnover machine who was severely lacking offensively. Teams knew exactly what he was going to do when he got the ball. He refused to pass out of a triple team which more times than not resulted in turnovers. It was because of him that the offensive sputtered at times because the ball got stuck with him and the it turned in to an easy turnover and fast break the other way. Not a big fan of his constant whining to the refs and throwing his hands in the air 6-7 times a game either.

I wish him the best of luck but not a huge loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I am not sure what games you watched this year, but he was a turnover machine who was severely lacking offensively. Teams knew exactly what he was going to do when he got the ball. He refused to pass out of a triple team which more times than not resulted in turnovers. It was because of him that the offensive sputtered at times because the ball got stuck with him and the it turned in to an easy turnover and fast break the other way. Not a big fan of his constant whining to the refs and throwing his hands in the air 6-7 times a game either.

I wish him the best of luck but not a huge loss.
                                I missed a couple games. Maybe he was horrifying bad in those two. He had about the same number turnovers per game as any starter we had not named Dennis. Granted he didn't play quite the minutes the guards did.

He didn't have great shot selection. The people who got good shots were the people who couldn't hit them. Funny how that works. He was more efficient going one on 3 than our forwards when they were wide open. So again, who should have taken those shots?

Comment

Working...
                                X